Status: in progress, lovelies

Your Guardian Angel

I'll Stand Up With You Forever

I had dreams, sometimes. Nightmares, too. Yes, I know. Everyone has dreams and nightmares. But these... these were different. They weren't just any dream, or just any nightmare. There would always be something distinct about them; something that each had in common no matter how different it may be.
Ashley.
Ashley always seemed to be there, being the heroic figure that would pull me from the nightmare, or be there to make the dreams seem indescribably perfect.
But I didn't understand how; or why. Was it possible that it was because of my strong feelings for the bassist? Or... was it just coincidence. I mean, I do live on a bus with him 98% of the year...
I looked at him, my eyes meeting his gorgeous honey brown ones, and for a minute, I felt safe. Ashley made me feel safe...
Ashley smiled warmly, making the safe feeling only grow stronger inside of me. I smiled back at him, turning back to the mirror to finish the final touches of the stitches drawn across my cheek.
"You about done, Biersack?! We've got a full house tonight, remember?" CC popped his head back into the bus. The other three, CC, Jake, and Jinxx, had been waiting for Ashley and I for quite some time to get ready.
"yeah, yeah. I'll be out in a minute, C." I laughed and finished. "Well, I'm ready, I guess." I turned to Ashley, tugging on the ends of my teased, raven black hair. "How do I look?" I ask, looking down at my skin-tight jeans and cowboy boots.
Ashley's eyes scanned me up and down, before nodding. "Like a true, bad ass rock star, kid." he smiled proudly. That smile; that happy look on his face. It always, for some reason, triggered memories in my head. I feel like I've known Ashley for so much longer than a few years- almost like I've known him my whole life. But that was insane. Ashley had grown up in Missouri, and I was from Ohio. There was no way we knew each other before we met on craigslist.
But still... there was something...
"Andy?" Ashley waved a hand in front of my face, an eyebrow raised. "C'mon, the guys are about to drag us out if we don't hurry up."
"Oh- right." I nodded and looked in the mirror one last time before skipping outside and walking to the venue with the guys. They all talked and laughed about girls, and about what they look for in them and their favorite personality types.
It was times like these that I felt most left out. Mostly because I wasn't quite as interested in women.
In fact, I wasn't interested at all. I was... Gay. Or as Jake liked to say, 'Straight as a rainbow'.
No one cares that I have my sexual preferences, but it's still weird... to be the only one who doesn't come back from the show or a bar talking about a girl they met, or about their girlfriend back home.
I was alone.
I had no one... The band was all I had.