Status: in progress, lovelies

Your Guardian Angel

I'm Who I've Got To Be

I leaned against the wall, my hands settled low on the unnamed girl's hips. There was something intoxicating about the freedom, something I'd never experienced before. Something was nagging at the back of my mind, but I was distracted by the girl in my arms. Everything was still so new... I still wasn't one for drinking, as much as I tried. The others could pound shots like there was no tomorrow but I was, as Andy put it, a lightweight.
The nagging sensation in my mind grew stronger until I couldn't focus on anything else. I released the girl and walked back to CC and the others, seeing Andy gone.
"CC? Where'd Andy go?" I watched him drain his glass before turning to me.
"Um. I don't know? Probably outside to smoke?" he shrugged. "Shot?"
I politely shook my head, walking outside to check on Andy.
It was like a compulsion to see him, to know he was safe and not in danger.. Residual from the years I spent watching over him, I supposed...
"Hey, kid. You okay?" I leaned against the wall next to him.
"'m fine, Ash." he said around his cigarette. "Where's that girl?"
"I needed to make sure you were okay..." I shrugged. "You know I worry about you."
Andy smiled slightly at that. "I know.. You don't have to worry. I'm an adult and everything."
I bit my tongue, holding back from teasing him about being a 'big boy' like he liked to insist when he was about four. That'd be suspicious, if someone he met a mere few years before could talk about memories from his childhood, such miniscule and obsolete memories I doubt he remembered himself. He didn't know me as his 'guardian angel', but as his best friend and bass player in his band. If that's all I could be to him, I'd do my best to be just that.