Status: in progress, lovelies

Your Guardian Angel

Secret Love

I stood up and stomped the cigarette under my boot, sighing. Ashley had that look on his face... like he wanted to say something, but wouldn't... couldn't...
"Are you sure you're okay?" He asked again. I rolled my eyes.
"Yes, Ashley. I'm fine." I smiled. It, of course, was forced. I knew he didn't want to be here dealing with me, he'd rather be back with that random girl, or maybe find another one.
Ashley's eyes narrowed, examining me thoroughly as if he could see right through the fake expression plastered onto my face.
"Are you-"
"Yes." I laughed. "Ash, I'm okay! Now go have fun." I playfully punched him in the arm. Ashley smiled, seeming to relax some, and nodded.
"Fine, I'm going back into the bar in that case. You gonna join me?" He grinned. I wanted to say yes- that smile made me want to say yes so bad; just so I could see that smile all night and hear his voice. But... I couldn't. I chewed my lip ring and shook my head.
"Y'know, I'd love to, but I'm exhausted." I lied. "So... see you at the bus?"
Ashley frowned again, almost as if he knew I lied. "Yeah. See you at the bus." He said, then turned, going back into the bar and almost immediately I heard that same voice from earlier calling out Ashley's name.
I sighed and walked back to the bus, my cowboy boots clicking against the pavement as he went. This was just great. Not only did I have to be in love with the straightest man alive, but night after night I had to be reminded of it. I smiled sadly, remembering the day I first met him.
It was at a bar we had both decided to meet at after finding each other on Craigslist. That was one of the best days of my life... Because of him, this band has made it farther than I could've ever dreamed. He got this band to where it is now.
The only odd thing I noticed when we met was that I felt as if I had known him forever. Normally I would've been awkwardly explaining my band at the time, and where I hoped to go, but that wasn't the case with Ashley.
With Ashley, I was comfortable. At home, almost. I felt calm... I talked like I talked to my parents about my dreams, not caring about how far-fetched they had seemed. And just like my parents, Ashley smiled, nodded, and listened.
He cared.
If it was anyone else, they would have right then and there turned me down, patted me on the shoulder and said 'good luck, kid.' It had happened before.
When I first walked into that bar, I saw him in the far corner booth in the back, with a drink in hand. I remember walking over, my eyes unable to break from his gaze, and sat down. His raven black hair fell perfectly over his shoulders, tattoo's covering both arms, ripped black skinny jeans and a grey tee shirt. He was... perfect in every way possible... I knew that I had fallen for him before I could even say 'hi.'
Turns out while I was observing his appearance, he had already greeted me, and was snapping his fingers to snap me out of it.
"Sorry." I remember muttering awkwardly. He just laughed and got me to talk about what I had emailed him about earlier in the week.
I didn't notice at the time, but when I look back on the day, I realize that Ashley didn't seem to be listening. He had an almost knowing smile, like he knew exactly what I was saying without listening; what I had dreamed about since I was a kid despite the fact he had only just met me. Why was that? It was strange, now that I actually thought about it.
"Andy!" The call of my name snapped me out of my memories and looked up. "What's going on, dude? Ash said you didn't feel good." I turned and saw Jake running towards the bus, where I was now standing outside of.
"I'm fine." I laughed. "I'm just tired, thats it." Jake frowned. Anyone that knew me knew that I rarely got exhausted enough after shows with all my after-show adrenaline. To be honest, I was awake enough to perform another show- but I knew I couldn't. I also couldn't stand being around Ashley when he was picking up random girls anymore.
"Alright... Hey, you know you can talk to us, right?" He asked.
"I know, Jake. Thanks, but I'm fine. Tell Ashley I'm okay, too, will ya?" I smiled reassuringly and began to step onto the bus, going into my bunk and closing the curtain. I closed my eyes and let sleep claim me for the night.