Status: in progress, lovelies

Your Guardian Angel

No Need To Feel This Sorrow

I sat up in bed, hearing voices in the bathroom. That's odd... People usually didn't wake up around here until, like... noon. I got up, leaning my ear against the closed door. What was CC doing in the bathroom with Ashley? I wrinkled my nose and kept quiet. What was going on..?
"Especially Andy! You can't tell Andy!" I heard Ashley urge. I frowned and pulled away from the door. Ashley was keeping something from me...? I thought we were best friends... brothers, almost...
I pulled on a change of clothes and grabbed my pack of cigarettes, hoping I could smoke my problems away.
But they wouldn't leave my head.
It kept running through my head.
What was Ashley hiding from me? Why couldn't he tell me? Was it that bad? Is it something I'd not want to know? Did I do something wrong? Why is he so insistent that I don't find out?
It worried me....
"Andy! We're gonna go get breakfast, wanna come?" CC asked.
"Sure." I laughed, suddenly seeing Ashley popping up behind him. My smile faded. "Y'know actually... I still don't feel well... Sorry." I lied and stomped on the cigarette.
I could see worry flood in Ashley's eyes. He opened his mouth, but stopped himself when he saw Jake walk by. What was that all about?
"Oh. Okay." CC shrugged and walked by with Jinxx and Jake.
"Uh, feel better.." Ashley mumbled and kept walking. I frowned and went to the bus.
Seriously... what was going on with him?
I went back on the bus. Maybe I can find something in his bunk that'll help me out... I dug through his bunk, the sheets, the pillow, the little compartment. Everywhere. Nothing.
Nothing but his collection of Hustler magazines, stray clothes and... other items. I shook my head, and went to get something from the back, past the bathroom. I stopped.
Something in the bathroom caught my eye... I took a step back and looked curiously in the tiny room. What the...
I bent down and picked up what seemed to be a large, dark black feather. At first, I thought it was fake, but after examining it for a good few minutes I figured out it was very, very real...What kind of bird had this big of a feather though? And what was it doing on the floor in here?
I put it in my pocket, planning to see if CC knew anything about it when they got back. I wasn't going to ask Ashley... I knew I wouldn't get answers out of him...
"Hey Andy!" CC said with a mouthful of donut. "I forgot my wallet. Jinxx is forcing me to pay this time." He grabbed his wallet and began leaving again.
"Wait, C!" I stopped him. "Do you know what this is?" I raised an eyebrow, holding up the feather.
"uh- nope. Gotta go, bye!" He turned and practically ran off the bus.
Okay... so I wouldn't get answers from him either... Great.
I sat down and fiddled with the dark feather. It was lik an angels... A fallen angel's...
Fallen Angels.
It... It had a ring to it. I pulled out my notebook and began writing out words.
"We scream... We shout..." I sang quietly. "We are the fallen angels!"
Ashley came onto the bus next. "Oh hey-" the color from his face drained. "Where did you find that?"
"This? In the bathroom... Weird, isn't it? I've never seena. Bird big enough to have this kind of feather." I laughed. "It's got me writing a new song, too! Check it out." I handed him my notebook.
"Fallen angels..." He said quietly.
"Isn't it great?" I grinned. "This is going to be amazing!" I cheered.
"Yeah... Amazing..." Ashley bit his lip and stood up.
"Ash, you okay?" I frowned suddenly. "You're acting off."
"What do you mean? I'm fine." He sighed, shaking his head.
"You're not... You aren't paying a lot of attention to me like you usually do..." I said, chewing my lip ring.
"I don't have to pay attention to you, Andrew, you're a big boy!" He snapped. "Sheesh, grow up and act like the adult you are!"
"Ash, I-"
"What?! My world doesn't revolve around making you happy, princess."
"I... I'm sorry.." I whimpered. I let the notebook fall to the floor with the feather and ran from the bus, my vision blurred by hot tears. Ashley had never yelled at me before, or so much as even glared. What happened...?
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit: Fallen Angels - Black Veil Brides x3