Status: In-Progress

A Broken Mirror

A New Beginning

Why does everything bad happen to me?

A whimper escapes from my mouth. In an instant, a cold rock solid hand comes in contact with my face.

"Shut up, b****."

That was how all of it had started. I was seven years old when my father had started to beat me; it had become more frequent when I grew older. I had been to the hospital six times in a month, with my parents saying I just played rough, and that I had fallen down the stairs, or even a bike accident.

I had only been ten when my mother had started to help my father by pinning me down when I started to fight back.

I was locked in my room before and after school. Even my classmates didn't notice me. It was like I had been completely invisible. My teacher didn't take any notice to my scars on my arms. It was like I didn't matter. And the thing is; I don't.

If I die, the world would carry on. There would be little to no acknowledge of my disappearance. My father would mourn for ten seconds, and my mother would probably find another play thing for him.

A month ago, everything had changed.

My father had come home drunk, and wreaked of alcohol. He had come to my room, and dragged me into the living room where he had beaten me until his knuckles started to bleed. He then went to get a bat. He hit me so hard, I had heard a few of my ribs crack. When he was done, he left me to bleed to death. I had been screaming so loud, a neighbor heard me, and called the police. That was how I was somehow saved from the hell I somehow called home.

That's how I am standing in a social services office. A lady, about in her forties beckons me to sit down in front of her desk. She has blond hair, pulled up into a pony tail with a business suit, and chestnut eyes.

I carefully sit down onto a leather cushioned seat.

"Your name is Delaney Reid, correct?" I nod, and interject, "Del." The case worker smiles and opens a file with my initials on it.

"How old are you?" I answer swiftly, "Thirteen." She nods in understatement, and then looks over my file once more, adding a few notes.

"Do you know of any relatives who would be able to care for you?" I shake my head. The only relative I know of is my aunt which died when I was six.

The case worker excuses herself, and leaves.

My family- I shudder at the memory of calling them my family- and I had lived in Little Rock, Arkansas, and had moved to Houston, Texas when I was seven.

The case worker comes back in, while on the phone. She ends the call, and sits back behind her desk and smiles.

"I have news for you, young lady. I was just on the phone with a man by the name of Spencer Reid; your brother. Now, I understand that this is very new to you, and that haven't even met him. Now, before you make the decision of seeing him or not, I would like for you to know a little about him. His name is Spencer Reid, and lives in Quantico, Virginia. I just spoke to him, and he seems very interested into seeing you."

I have a brother.

-l/b-

S. Reid's POV-

I have a sister.

I end the call, and stare wide eyed at the rest of my team. They seem just as surprised as I do. The case worker only told me her situation. Abusive parents, and unstable environment. I stare dumbfounded at my team.

"Are you seriously considering not taking her?" JJ is the first one to speak.

"Absolutely not. It is, of course, up to her to come here, although, my calculations suggest-." Morgan puts a hand on my shoulder.

"It's not depending on whether the probability is in favor or not in favor of her coming. It's about whether or if she is ready to see you. She has just found out that she has a brother which she hadn't had a clue of existing." I take into account of what Morgan said. If she is ready to see me, I'll take her with open arms.

My phone starts to ring, and I see that it's the case worker. I look around nervously at my team. JJ nods her head, beckoning me on to answer it. I come to my senses, and answer it.

"Hello?"

"She wants to meet you."

-l/b-

No one's POV

Spencer Reid waits nervously at his desk, eyes locked onto the door. Only yesterday had he found out he had a sister, and now he's waiting for her and the case worker to arrive at his work building.

The door opens to reveal a woman and a girl. The girl glances around obviously nervous, with long curly brown hair with green-grey eyes, around 4'7. The woman is about 5'5, blond hair, with blue eyes. The girl is wearing jeans, a star wars shirt, and a grey jacket on with black converse shoes. The woman is in a business suit, with her hair up in a bun.

Spencer stands, and walks over, with his team's eyes burning into his back.

"Hello, I'm Spencer Reid." The woman smiles, and shakes his hand, while the girl observes her surroundings, as if she was expecting an attack.

Del realizes that he is looking at her, and seems a little uncomfortable with his intense gaze. He looks concerned, and only then does she realize she's shaking like a scared chihuahua.

"Is there an area where we can look over some paper work?" Spencer nods immediately, and leads them to a conference room. The case worker sits next to Del, facing Spencer.

"I'm sorry, we haven't properly met. I am Carla Redwood." Spencer gives her a small smile. "I'm Dr. Spencer Reid."

Del soon realizes both adults are staring at her. She is still shaking, but she manages a small, "Del." Spencer smiles.

"Nice to meet you, Del." He tries to make eye contact, but Del asphyxiates her eyes to her lap, fiddling with her fingers.

When they go over the paper work, Del takes this as a chance to get an idea of where she is. This place is to different than her home. She had lived in a one story house with only two bedrooms, and a kitchen, dining room, living room, that were constructed into one room. She had only a mattress with a pillow and a blanket, with only a small desk with a lamp. She only had a few t-shirts, two pairs of jeans, and one pair of shoes. She only had a few books, a composition book, and few dollars saved over time. She had only carried her clothes, books, composition book, and her savings; that's why she only had a small messenger bag.

"Del?" She converts her eyes, purposefully avoiding eye contact. She makes sure they acknowledge that she's paying attention.

"I hope you have a good time getting to know each other. Dr. Reid, you may call me if you have any questions or concerns." She smiles at Del and Spencer, and then leaves.

Spencer observed Del, taking in all of her features. She was very small for her age, very thin. Her face was hollow, probably from not eating a lot. She had long hair, reaching her waist. Her eyes complimented her hair. He did notice the small, but noticeable bags under her eyes. It looked like she hadn't had slept in ages. He also noticed the scar on her neck, and one small scar made on a side of her neck, that looked like it was made by a knife.

He could see very clearly that she was nervous and scared?

"I want you to meet my team. Come on, and then I can show you around."

She weighs her options, but stands and follows Spencer. He opens the door for her, and lays his hand carefully on her shoulder. She flinches, and spins around, shaking, eyeing him carefully.

Spencer quickly sees that it will take time to gain her trust. He can tell that she is scared, and not very used to human contact.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you." He can see his team eyeing them cautiously, thinking of the right approach to introducing themselves.

Del had never been more scared in her life. She wasn't used to human contact that wasn't going to cause her physical harm.

Spencer leads her to a different conference room.

His entire team was there.

"Hello everyone, this is Del."

Del is still shaking, looking around at everyone, looking if they have any sort of weapon. Derek is the first one to say something.

"Hello Del, I'm Derek Morgan, but you can call me Derek." Morgan smiles and steps forward, causing Del to step back, eyeing him carefully. Penelope eyes them carefully before introducing herself.

"Hi, Del! It's so nice to meet you. I'm Penelope, also called the Goddess of Computer and Tech!"

Del eyes her timidly, letting her eyes travel to everyone, ready for an attack. JJ, Emily, and Rossi introduce themselves. Hotch waits until everyone had introduced themselves.

Del was still shaking like a mad dog, and had just nodded to everyone. Although, Hotch had a different approach.

"Su cuy'gar, Del. I ulur gar serim as...as ka'ra akaan. ner gai cuyir Hotch."

Del was taken aback. Had he just speak Mandalorian in perfect pronunciation?

On the other hand, the entire team, even Spencer, didn't know what Hotch had said. Spencer was even more confused when Del responded to the foreign language.

"ner gai cuyir Del. I nak'mir gar kar'taylir Mando'a." Hotch smiled. Del's shaking subsided, while Spencer became more confused.

"What were you speaking?" Del returned to look scared, and started to shake once more, eyeing Spencer as if he had just murdered someone.

"Mando'a. A common language amongst CT-7567 as well as many other Mandalorians, including clones." Spencer didn't know what logic he was using. He looked questionably to Del, but she didn't meet his gaze.

"What are you talking about?"

Del half way met his gaze, answering in a small voice, "A language used in Star Wars, almost every clone, including CT-7567, also known as Captain Rex knows it. In Star Wars the Clone Wars, the Republic started to manufacture clones that would fight in war. They manufactured them on the planet of Mandalore, explaining why clones know the Mandalorian language. CT-7567 is called Captain Rex, with Ahsoka Tano as his commander. Ashoka Tano is Master Anakin Skywalker's padawan, of which he strongly disagreed to teaching a Padawan, but soon came to his sense by the coaxing of Master Obi-Wan Kenobi. Master Obi-Wan Kenobi's master was Qui-Gon Jinn. Qui Gon Jinn died in a battle on the planet of Naboo. Master Anakin Skywalker broke the Jedi code by having inappropriate relations with Senator Padme Amidala. They were secretly married, making Anakin Skywalker's status as a Jedi Knight as risk-" Del stopped mid sentence, with everyone's eyes on her. Spencer was surprised at her knowledge of so much that has to do with Star Wars.

"Wow, Hotch, I never knew you could be such a geek." Spencer shot daggers Morgan's way, making him aware of the fact he called Del a geek. Penelope stepped in.

"How about Del and you go back to your place? Sound good?" Spencer was just made aware of the fact that his car had a flat tire, and he didn't have a spare one.

"My car has a flat tire, and I don't have a spare one. Can anyone give us a ride to my place?" JJ volunteered.

Spencer looked over to Del, only to see a small bag hanging on the side of her shoulder.

"Is that all you brought?" Del quickly moved her eyes to Spencer. She nodded quickly, and brought her gaze back to the carpet. Spencer nodded.

JJ, Spencer, and Del left to JJ's car, a black SUV. JJ drove, with Spencer in the passenger seat, and Del in the back, behind JJ. Spencer glanced back at Del, who had her bag in her lap, and hand on the door handle, like she was ready to be attacked.

Del had seen different landmarks, and kept a firm grip on the door handle, in case something happened. She still hadn't even begun to start to trust Spencer. She had started to trust Hotch a little bit, because he proved that he didn't want to harm her; he knew one of her most favorite interest; Star Wars. She loved Star Wars, along with Forensics. Forensics is her absolute passion; bringing justice to those who can't speak for themselves, who died in the process.

They arrive at Spencer's house. While Spencer and JJ say goodbye, Del observes the complex. It seems secure.

Spencer comes up from behind her.

"I don't live that far up there. I live on the third floor." Spencer leads her to his apartment, using the elevator.

Del looks around, to see a very clean and organized room. There was a kitchen to her left, dining room to her right, and living room about ten feet away from her. There was a brown couch, facing a flat screen TV, surrounded by books on both sides, organized in alphabetical order. Del looked at all of the books, and read every name. The majority of the books were about true crime, and some Forensic subject based books, although some were arithmetic, cultures, science, and psychology.

Spencer lead her to her room, which was a spare bedroom that had a twin sized bed with mocha sheets, a night stand, and a dresser that would fit ten times her clothes.

"My room is just next to yours, so you can ask me for anything. There are two bathrooms, your bedroom has one right over there," He points to a white door on the far left of the bedroom, "and one in separating your and my bedroom," Spencer ponders for a moment,"You can unpack, and get settled while I get dinner. Any preferences?" Del shakes her head.

"I'm not hungry." Spencer nods, but decides to get some extra food if she changes her mind. Spencer leaves Del alone.

Del sets down her bag on the bed, and only pulls out her composition book. She takes her shoes off, and puts them in the bag, and then sets it down next to the bed. She crawls on the bed, and relishes in it's silky and soft sheets. She leans against the pillow, and flips open the book, and gets the pencil that's within the book. She starts to draw, and checks the clock on the wall. 7:09pm.

About forty five minutes later, there was a knock on the door. Spencer opened the door.

"Dinner's here. Even if you're not hungry, I want to talk to you." Spencer enters the room, and notices the composition book. Del puts it down, face up.

She drew a devil looking ghost, surrounded by flames. It was shaded, and had no color.

Del noticed he was looking at her drawing, and closed it quickly, putting the pencil back in the book, and setting it on the nightstand. She turned around, and started towards the living room.

There was Chinese food on the table, with two plates set out. Spencer gestured for her to sit down, while he did.

When they both were seated, Spencer filled his plate, while Del looked uncomfortable.

"I enrolled you into Middleton High School. I researched, and it's in the top five schools across the nation."

Del was taken aback. She worked up the courage to ask, "High School? I'm only thirteen?" and I'm already a freak; I don't need to start High School two years early.

"The case worker- Ms. Redwood sent over your academic record. I saw that you were exceeding the grade's standards, and had a perfect GPA. Your record said you could have skipped two years of school." Del nodded.

"When do I start?" Spencer swallowed his food, and looked over to Del.

"It's in the middle of the year, but I believe you start this Monday. The school said as long as you had a pencil, paper, and a binder, you'd be fine. I was planning that we would get the supplies tomorrow. Garcia- sorry, Penelope said she would be more than happy to take you shopping tomorrow after we get your items, but that, of course, is up to you." It was only Saturday, but Del nods her head.

When they finished dinner, before Del goes back to her room, Spencer says,

"If you want to read any books on the shelves, you're welcome to."

Del nods, and goes back to her room.

What in the hell have I gotten myself into?