Status: Active

Dear Jack, Count Me In

Batman Socks

Jack’s P.O.V

-----------------------------------

Jesus fucking Christ.

The first day on the job, and I can’t find my fucking batman socks. I want to dropkick whoever said teaching would be easy. I feel like some teenage girl getting ready on her first date. But no. I’m a grown ass man who is trying - keyword: trying - to find my fucking BATMAN SOCKS! WHERE THE HELL ARE THEY?!

“Zack?!” I call up from the basement staircase, “WHAT DID YOU DO WITH MY BATMAN SOCKS?!” I am so done with this.

I hear his voice call back, “I DON’T KNOW! WHAT AM I, YOUR SLAVE?” My shoulders slouch, and I pound my head against the wall hard enough to cause some black spots to appear. God damnit. Now I have to wear my Spongebob ones.

----------------------------------

It’s raining.

I hate rain. And I hate how my socks got wet in a fucking puddle. Good job, Jack, really. Why the hell did I decide to wear my old pair of converse? Well shit. My Blink-182 t-shirt is wet, sticking to my chest, while my skinnies are about to give me a stroke.

I run into the school building, almost late. You’d think I was a student with my t-shirt and skinny jeans but no, I’m the music teacher. Running in my classroom, I’m met with a room full of bored ass seniors. I sigh. I walk up to my desk, setting my backpack down.

“Hey, I’m your music teacher, Jack. Yeah I know that you’re supposed to call me Mr. Whateverthehellmylastnameis, but I hate,” I gesture with my hands, “formalities. So,” I take my shoes off, sitting on the top of my desk, “let me go through role.” I get the attendance sheet out and start calling names. A noise in the back left of the room made me look over. A boy with blond streaks in his hair was throwing paper airplanes at the back of someones head. I clear my throat, making him look over.

I say, “What’s your name, kid?” The boy stopped throwing paper airplanes.

“Kid, according to you.”

“Stop being a smartass. It’s unbecoming.” The whole class erupted in laughter.

The boy rolled his eyes and said, “Alex.”

“Last name, Alex.”

“Gaskarth. The name’s Alex Gaskarth. Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to go to the bathroom.” I shook my head.

“No.”

“Why the hell not?”

“You’re not, Gaskarth.” Alex muttered something inaudible.

I laugh dryly, “Whispering is so elementary.” Alex set his jaw. I don’t give a flying fuck about what a student thinks of me. After a few seconds, I continue, turning to the class, “Now get out some paper. Write down what’s on the powerpoint and try to keep up. And seriously, don’t think I made this powerpoint. The school gives it to me to show you for your first day. Try not to fall asleep. I know I sure as hell will.”

The rest of class period was uneventful. But God, that kid Alex was annoying. I mean seriously. Something about him almost guaranteed me an interesting year.

-----------------------------

Tired from my first period class, I stretch out on my desk. Closing my eyes, I put my arm on my forehead, shielding my eyes from the light. I don’t have another class for another hour. Just about to fall asleep, the creak of the door opening pulls me out of my stupor.

Zack walks into the room with a stupid grin on his face.

“Hey, Zack.” I greet as I lean my chair back so it was only on two legs, “Why are you grinning like that?”

“So, this freshman kid in my first period got hit right in the face with the volleyball. It was so hard to keep from laughing.” He laughs.

I couldn’t keep the smile off my face. Zack always knew how to make me feel better.

“How was your first period?” Zack questions.

“Other than this really annoying kid named Alex, it was fine.” I sigh.

I hate that I now had to give up my precious mornings to dealing with that brat. I wrack my brain trying to remember why I became a teacher in the first place. Suddenly a boy with a buzzed head and a smile brighter than a full moon walks in.

“Are you Mr. Barakat?” He asks as he looks between Zack and I.

“Just call me Jack. What do you need?” I counter.

“And aren’t you supposed to be in class right now?” Zack asks him, raising an eyebrow.

“I’m in study hall right now and I was wondering if we need to bring an instrument or anything for your class?”

“Uh...I’ll tell you when you have to bring instruments.” I answer, a bit taken
off guard.

“Ok, thank you.” He was about to turn around and leave when Zack blurts out

“I’ll walk you back to study hall.”

He gives me a wink as he shuts the door behind him. I fall backwards out of the chair in shock, banging my head on the wall behind me.

______________________________________________________________

I had just dismissed my last period and was packing up to go home when Alex and the boy from earlier,whom I had found out was named Rian, walk in. Alex looks annoyed and inconvenienced.

I was about to say something when Rian pushes him forward and whispers;
“Go on, just get it over with.”

“Mr.Barakat, I’m sorry for being annoying in first period. It won’t happen again.” He whispers.

Rian stand there with a satisfied smile on his face. I almost scoff because I knew this would not be the last time he was like this. I settle for nodding.

“Thank you for apologizing.” I tell him, in a rush to get them out of my room so I could leave.

They both left and I walk out to my car. I spend the drive home jamming to Green Day.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a Re-upload, because I had to fix some things-Tay