Status: Active

Dear Jack, Count Me In

Pure Bliss

Alex’s P.O.V

I walk to my locker and shove me things inside. I sigh, it was weird going to school with everything that’s happened. I wonder if it’ll be awkward seeing Jack in class. Maybe I’ll actually listen to him today. I smile at the thought.

“Hey! You’re early today!” I hear Rian yell from the end of the hallway.

I just laugh in response. I shut my locker and turn to face Rian, who is now standing right in front of me. Damn, he’s fast.

“So I heard from a little birdy that Mr.Barakat gave you a ride to school today.” Rian smirks.

“Who the fuck is that?” I ask. I was seriously confused. Who was he talking about?

“Jack, our music teacher. Ring a bell?” Rian says as if its the most obvious thing in the world.

“Oh, yeah. He did.” I shrug. It didn’t seem like a big deal to me. Rian just shakes his head.

“Rumors are going to start.” He pointed out.

“So, they’re just rumors. I don’t listen to them anyway.” I argued.

Rian just shrugs.

“C’mon, It’s time for first period.” Rian tells me.

We walk to first period in silence and part ways at the music room. Rian’s first period was health, with Mr. Merrick. I laugh at the realization as I walk into the music room. I sit in front of the room today and Jack gives me a weird look. I just smile at him. I don’t know why, but Jack makes me happy. Like really happy. I think I’m starting to form a really big crush on him. I sigh and stare up at the board. The bell rings and Jack stands up, sliding his shoes off like he always does.I’m surprised the room doesn’t smell like feet by now. He walks up to the front of the room.

“Ok, everyone get your homework out.” He says. My eyes go wide. I forgot about that, it’s not like I had any CDs to bring anyway. I just sit there as everyone else shuffles around in their book bags, dejected. Jack walks over to my desk and looks at me.

“It’s ok if you didn’t bring a CD.” He assures me. I nod.

We spend the rest of the class period listening to music. Most of the songs were sucky pop songs, or even worse country music. By the end of class I’m dying for someone to play good music. While someone else is playing their song, Jack walks over again.

“What’s your favorite song?” He asks me.

“Roller Coaster by Blink.” I murmur. He smiles and nods. The person finishes playing their song and Jack pulls up Youtube on his laptop.

“So Alex couldn’t bring his CD today so I’m going to play it for him on Youtube. Alex tell the class what your favorite song is.”

“Uh...My favorite song is Roller Coaster by Blink-182.” I spoke.

Jack finds the video and plays the song for the class. The class seemed kind-of put off by it. I smile and bob my head along to the beat anyway. Soon the bell rang and I waited behind.

“Can I stay with you for study hall?” I ask Jack as I pack up my stuff.

“If your study hall teachers says ok.” He replies. I nod enthusiastically and bolt out the door. I run to my study hall. The teacher is standing at the door.

“Can I spend Study Hall with Mr.Barakat.” I plead.

“Sure, I don’t care.” She says dully.

I run back to Jack’s classroom as fast as I could, running into him in the process. He grabs my upper arm to keep me from falling and I wince in pain. He lets go once I’m steady.

“Oh, god! I’m sorry. Did I hurt you?” He exclaims.

I laugh at his panicked state and shake my head.

“I’m fine.” I say giddily.

“She said sure, didn’t she?” He raises an eyebrow.

I nod in excitement.

“I don’t really do anything during my free period” He explains to me.

“We can just hang out I guess.” I suggest.

He shrugs and I sit down at the desk closest to Jack’s desk. We sit in silence a few minutes, sneaking looks at each other. I take out a book I have to read for english and read. About 30 minutes later, Jack stands up. I give him a weird look, he doesn’t seem to notice or he just didn’t care. He stands right in front of my desk and motions for me to stand up. I stand and we are less than an inch apart now. I can feel Jack’s hot breath on my forehead. I find it increasingly harder to breath. Finally Jack closes the space between us and his lips are on mine. His hands find my hips and my arms wrap around his neck. I push my hips into his as his tongue roams my mouth. There is no space between us now and I am in bliss. We finally detach from each other for for air. I breath in deeply, my arms are still wrapped around his neck and his hands are resting in my hips gently. I look up at him with a smile on my face. I have no idea what just happened, but I wasn’t exactly going to complain.

“That was amazing” I breath.

We stand there for a few minutes in silence, but we’re scared out of our position when a knock came to the door. Jack pushes me back into the chair gently and yells “It’s open!”

Zack walks in with wide eyes and Rian is following behind him with a huge smile on his face.

“How much did you see?” Jack questions, giving Zack a worried look.

“Not much, but enough.” Zack answers.

“Wait, what are you two doing together?” I assert myself in the conversation.

“Uh………” Rian stammers.

I wide smile spreads across my face. Rian didn’t have to say anything, I knew what they were doing. Jack catches on and gives Zack a pat on the back. Rian is blushing furiously behind him. I can’t help but laugh. The bell for third period rings and I pack up my things. Zack and Rian leave and I’m about to follow them when Jack stops me.

“Uh...See you later I guess.” He states, rubbing his hands together.

I smile and step on my tip-toes and kiss Jack on the cheeks before running out the door. I catch up with Rian and Zack as they walk to the gym. I sit beside Rian when we get into the gym. Zack tells me that he wants me to sit out again today, because of my arm, which was wrapped in white gauze. Today they play dodgeball again and once again Rian is first one out. I’m starting to think he’s doing this on purpose. He comes and sits next to Zack and I. They talk the whole time and I feel like a third wheel.

“When are you two going to fuck already?” I ask boredly.

Rian slaps me lightly on the arm, the same arm that was currently in a fragile state. I wince and hold my arm in pain.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t realize that was your hurt arm. How did you hurt it anyway?” Rian questions.

Oh, shit. This was not good. I give Zack a “Dude fucking help me out” look.

“Didn’t you tell me you fell while you were skateboarding?” Zack asks.

I nod in relief. Rian seems to believe it. Thank fucking god.

“Dude that sucks. Hope you feel better.” He tells me.

Rian and Zack go back to their own conversation and I watch the game in front of me again. Soon the class is over and Rian and I are walking to lunch.

“So, Zack invited me out on a date tomorrow…” He confides, “I haven’t given him an answer yet.”

“You should say yes. What are you waiting for!” I exclaim in excitement.

“I don’t know if I’m ready for a relationship yet.” He admits.

“You should go for it. You like him don’t you?” I advise him.

“Well, yeah. I like him alot.” He admits again.

“Then it’s settled. You’re going to say yes.” I tell him as I grab an apple from the stack.

________________________________________________________

The bell had just rang, dismissing last period and I was walking to the music room. I’m feeling pretty happy for a kid just escaping his abusive father. I walk into Jack’s room and he’s talking to a parent and a student. I back up and wait outside his door for them to leave. About 15 minutes later, they leave and duck into the classroom. As soon as I’m fully onto the classroom, I’m being pushed against the wall and Jacks lips are on mine for the second time today.