Status: Newww

Today I'm Gonna Try a Little Harder

Feel The Moment Slip Into The Past

"Every single day I find it hard to say I could be yours alone. You will see someday that all along the way I was yours to hold. I was yours to hold." I hear my dad singing with Jen. I sigh and roll out of my bunk forgetting I'm the top bunk and almost landing on my back on the ground. I head into the front of the bus and see my dad, my mom, Jen, and Seth sitting around listening to their music.

"Good morning, daughter." my dad greets, kissing my head. I smile at him and hug my mom. "Are you ready for a fun day of tour?"

"Yes, I am." I say, smiling and grabbing the carton of orange juice in the fridge. I pull out a glass and pour some of it in before setting the carton back in the fridge. "Do you need me to do anything?"

"Can you take this to Three Days Grace's bus?" my dad asks. I nod and grab a clipboard from his hand. I don't ask what it is and take it. "Give it to Adam, he'll know what to do with it."

"Alright." i say. I chug my glass of orange juice and look around. "Where's Colin?" He's my brother.

"Yeah, honey where's Colin?" my mom asks my dad. He looks at my mom then at me. Colin is a year younger than me. "Alright, since your father doesn't know, while you're out there look for him, please? And John."

"I know, I know. Be more of a parent, than a rock star with kids on the road. I get it." my dad groans. "But, Kor, it's not fun!"

"I don't care, we're going to lose the kids on tour if you keep slacking off." my mom complains. Jen and Seth look at me while they have their mini fight.

"Do you guys want to come?" i ask. They nod and laugh. "Let me change quickly."

I set the clipboard while my parents continue to fight. I grab my bag and set it on the ground, looking through the clothes I brought. I pull out a blue tank top, a blue and black plaid button up shirt, denim shorts, black converse and my Yankees hat.

I walk into the bathroom and shut the door. I change into that stuff and tie my shoes and then stand in front of the mirror. I have tan skin, freckles, and blue eyes. My hair is blonde and layered with red streaks and it's about shoulder length. I put it into a ponytail and let the rest of it hang out that doesn't fit into it which would be my bangs. I roll my shirt sleeves up to my elbows and head out of the bathroom shoving my pajamas into my bunk.

I walk to the front and see my parents are just glaring at each other now. It's one of those mornings now. I look at Jen and Seth who look uncomfortable.

"Let's go." i say. I grab my skateboard and the clipboard and get off the bus, Jen and Seth following me. I put my board on the ground I start riding my skateboard, but only as fast as they're walking. "What's it like have two band members with kids and family problems?"

"It's cool and annoying." Jen says honestly. Seth nods and laughs. "But I'm best friends with their daughter so it's not all bad."

"What's it like having parents that are rock stars?" Seth asks me. I shrug.

"Same as if they weren't famous i guess. When we're home for a lengthy period of time, they send Colin and me to school, so... the only abnormal thing about my parents would be them touring most of the year." I explain.

"It's cool though, right?" Seth asks.

"Of course it's cool!" i shout. They smile at me.

"Is that Colin?" Jen asks. I see a boy sitting by the lake away from all the activity. Oh, boy.

"Yeah, can you take this to Three Days Grace and give it to Adam?" I ask them, handing them the clipboard. "I know why he's alone and I have to talk to him."

"Sure." Seth says, taking it. They head off in the other direction and ride my skateboard as fast as I can towards the lake. I get there and hop off my board, grabbing the board and walking over to him. I set it down and sit next to him.

"Colin." i say. He looks at me and smiles. "What are you doing over here?"

"So, there's this girl, Lacey who's volunteering for Three Days Grace's Merch table and she asked me for my number today!" he say excitedly. We're a few days into the tour and he already found someone? Lucky.

"Oh! I want to meet her." i say. He looks at me.

"No, way." he says. i hit him and he smiles. "Fine!" I smile.

"See you back at the bus." I say, standing up. "By the way, mom and dad were fighting because mom thought dad lost you." i explain. He laughs and I skate away.

At least he wasn't upset. I was waiting for him to like crying or something. Why would he be crying? Because sometimes he gets really down on himself and... yeah. As I skate I wave to people in other bands and when I realize I'm not paying attention to where I"m going, I run into someone. I fall over and scrape my knee on the pavement.

"Oh, my god, I'm so sorry!" i shout, when I see a boy kneeling down to help me up.

"Well, I knocked you over so we're equally sorry." he says. I smile at him and he helps me up. "I'm Conner. You are?"

"I'm Dillon." i say.

"And you're bleeding." he says, looking at my knee. I just scoff and he laughs. "C'mon, let's get you cleaned up."

"My bus is right here." I say, pointing to my bus. We get on and i see Colin sitting my parents and Jen and Seth. "I'm back." my mom stands up and walks over to me in a panic. "Mom, relax. I just scraped my knee."

"I'm a mother, I can't not panic when my kids get hurt." my mom says. "I'll get some supplies." she says. "Go sit on a chair outside. It's nice out anyway." I roll my eyes and I walk out with Conner, sitting on a chair.

"Your parents are Korey Cooper and John Cooper?" he asks in awe, staring at the bus. I nod. "That's awesome! They're my favorite band on this tour, besides my brother's band."

"What band is your brother in?"

"Three Days Grace." he says. I smile. "My brother is Brad Walst."

"I love that band!" i screech. He laughs and my mom comes out with Jen. "Mom, Jen, this is Conner. Conner this is my mom and Jen."

"I love your band." Conner says. My mom smiles and Jen kneels down next to me. "About your daughter, I wasn't looking where I was going and we ran into each other."

"And you fell and scraped your knee?" my mom asks.

"I was on my skateboard."

"What have I told you about riding your skateboard around here. There's dangerous things around here. You get hurt and this is an example of that." my mom explains. I just roll my eyes and let her clean off the brush burn and since there's no band aids big enough for it, she wraps gauze around my knee. "Next time be careful."

"Honey, she's a teenager. Let her do what she wants." my dad says stepping off the bus. My mom rolls her eyes and walks past him onto the bus.

"Dad you're slacking off again." i tell him, standing up and grabbing my skateboard. He pats my back and smiles.

"It's not called slacking off if you're in rock star mode." he laughs. "Who's this?" he asks, pointing at Conner.

"Dad, this is Conner. Conner, my dad." i say.

"Nice to meet you!" my dad says, shaking his hand. "Dillon, if you'd like you can play bass for me on stage today."

"Really?!" i shout. He nods and smiles. My dad's been teaching me his songs on bass, so if I wanted to, I could play. "Thank you, daddy!" i shout, hugging him.

"Now, we need you backstage for sound check." he says. I nod and smile. "So, let's get going."

"I'll see you later." i say to Conner. He nods and leaves. "TO THE STAGE!" i shout, about to get on my board.

"Dillon. No skateboard." my mom scolds. i groan and put it on the bus. "Sorry, but you already got hurt."

"Mom, I'm fine." I groan.

"Get on my back. Let's have fun!" my dad says. I get onto his back and he starts running towards the stage. While I love my mom sometimes she's too strict, but can you blame her? Dad doesn't take any responsibility. Sometimes he does. Sometimes he doesn't.... okay most of the time he doesn't. My mom can be fun though. "I NEED A HERO!"

"SAVE ME NOW!" Jen screams. We all laugh and I smile.

I love my family.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love Skillet so much, so why not write a story about it?
XD
-JJ