Status: Ongoing

Cooler Rising

Chapter One

It was a quiet day in Hell. Cooler and his Armoured Squadron stood in a secluded area, surrounding what would be a portal once it had energy flowing through it.

Cooler looked at Salza. "How long until the portal from Hell is complete?" he said.

"It should be ready in under five minutes," Salza said.

"Not so fast, brother." Cooler turned and saw Freeza walking down the steps behind them. "You're not the only one who wants to kill Goku, remember? I'm the reason why you went after that blasted Saiyan in the first place!"

Cooler laughed. "Brother!" he said. "You don't honestly think that this is about you, do you? I went to Earth to avenge your death, certainly. But you and I both know that of the two of us, I was always the superior fighter."

"Only because you constantly strut around in your third transformation as if it's nothing--"

"And you never learned to control the power you had in your third transformation. Hell, the last time you used it, you destroyed a planet and father had to rebuild you almost from scratch. And look where you both ended up--as the wannabe leaders of Hell."

"And you're so much better, Cooler?" Freeza prepared himself to fight. "You're such a coward you want to escape! Why don't you take me and the Ginyu Force along?"

"Certainly, the lot of you are much stronger than most people in the world of the living," Cooler said, his arms outstretched. "But one day you're going to get ideas that you're stronger than me, and that's something I cannot live with."

Cooler moved his hand in front of him. Freeza leapt and Cooler fired a series of ki blasts at him. Freeza fell to the ground with smoke coming off him.

"See, Freeza?" Cooler said. "I always was the superior brother."

Cooler walked over to Freeza and kicked his brother onto his back. Cooler's foot stomped Freeza's head into the ground twice and then Cooler turned around.

"Salza! Where's that damned portal?"

Salza turned. "It should be up just about...now!" he called.

Purple energy collected at the centre of the portal and expanded outwards until it reached the edges. Some electricity sparked around the edges of the portal, but overall it remained stable.

"You should be glad, brother," Cooler said. "This is a grand day for our family. I'm finally going to win back the family honour."

And with that, Cooler and his Armoured Squadron walked through the portal. The portal collapsed after they'd walked through. Freeza stood up and stared at the inactive portal for a while.

"Damn you, brother," Freeza said. "I will come after you and I will kill you for this."