Status: Ongoing

Cooler Rising

Chapter Twelve

Piccolo descended into the area. "We don't know who this guy is, Vegeta," he said. "Besides, you're one to talk about self-serving--you're all for going there and killing him."

"Stay out of this, Namekain," Vegeta said. "This is a Saiyan's matter."

"It's not just a Saiyan's matter when it involves Goku," Piccolo said. "He's the strongest fighter on Earth right now, and possibly the universe. If we ever face an enemy as strong as Buu again, we're going to need him alive. We're going to need both of you alive, Vegeta, not just one of you."

"There are none stronger than us, Namek!" Vegeta said. "How could there ever be a threat strong enough to defeat even one of us?"

"You tell me," Goku said. "That power you're feeling right now is easily as strong as me in my Super Saiyan 3 form."

"A form that I would point out you can only hold for five minutes at a time, Kakarott! The energy consumption involved is enormous!"

"Which is exactly why we have to stay here and train," Piccolo said. "If Goku can only hold Super Saiyan 3 for five minutes, then he needs the time to train so he can hold it for longer--and Vegeta, you can't even attain the form."

"Ha!" Vegeta said. "I'm a Saiyan prince and I can do anything I set my mind to." He paused for a moment. "Alright, Kakarott, Namek...I'll stay and train for now. But the moment you can hold that form, I expect to be going out there and fighting him."