Status: Ongoing

Cooler Rising

Chapter Seventeen

"You bastard!" Salza shouted. "You Saiyan bastard! I'll kill you for that!"

Salza fired two ki blasts at Susha. Susha deflected both of them and remained where he was. A smirk went across his face.

"Really, Salza?" Susha said in a tone that sounded like he was trying not to laugh. "You think that's all it's going to take to defeat me, the true prince of the Saiyans? Read your scouter again, Salza."

"Impossible!" Salza said. "You're at 540,000!"

"And it only gets better," Susha said. "Once the moon's in plain sight, I'll turn into a Great Ape and my power will increase tenfold!"

Susha charged forward and punched Salza in the chest. Salza doubled over in pain and his armour cracked. Salza formed an energy blade and swept down at the Saiyan.

The Saiyan flew back. Salza followed him and made continual swipes at him using the energy blade around his hand. Susha dodged most of them but a couple landed, causing cuts down the Saiyan's arms.

Susha caught Salza's wrist just below where the energy blade began. Salza made another one with his other hand and went for the Saiyan's stomach, but Susha caught that one as well. Susha kneed Salza in the stomach and then punched him hard across the jaw.

Salza went flying down. He caught his balance halfway to the ground and flipped around and began firing ki blasts at Susha. Susha blocked all of them, except for one which hit him square in the chest. The blast left a hole in the Saiyan's armour but otherwise didn't seem to affect him much.

"Come on, Salza!" Susha said. "Surely such a high ranking warrior like you can do more to hurt me than that!"

"Just you wait, monkey boy!" Salza said. "I will see you dead!"

Salza flew up. Susha kicked at where Salza was, but Salza moved to the left. He came up and behind the Saiyan and then grabbed the Saiyan's tail. Susha flinched a little and then began laughing hysterically.

"That's something that only works with low class warriors!" Susha said. "I'm the prince of all Saiyans; don't you think I've learned how to handle having my tail grabbed?"

Susha turned fast. Salza kept squeezing the tail but nothing happened. Susha kicked Salza in the teeth and then gave him a couple of blasts to get him away.

Salza looked up. From around the clouds, the moon was starting to come out.

"It's time," Susha said.