Status: Ongoing

Cooler Rising

Chapter Eighteen

Susha stared directly at the moon. Slowly he became hairier and larger as he grew into his Great Ape form.

Salza moved fast and used an energy blade to try and cut the Saiyan's tail off. Susha moved his tail fast and used it to push Salza away. The Saiyan kicked Salza three times and sent him flying away. Susha sent a barrage of ki blasts after him.

Salza flew and tried to dodge each of the ki blasts. The first two hit each other and exploded on impact; the third missed him and continued flying ahead of him and the fourth and fifth were still following him. Salza flew directly up and then turned around and fired two of his own ki blasts.

The first ki blast hit one of Susha's ki blasts and they cancelled each other out. The other missed and hit the ground, leaving a large creator where there was once a hill. Susha's final ki blast was still coming towards Salza. Salza crossed his arms and blocked the blast when it came, and then threw the blast back at Susha.

Salza looked down at Susha. The Saiyan's transformation into a Great Ape had been completed. Salza checked his scouter--it went up for a while and then exploded.

"Impossible!" Salza said. "How does a Saiyan get so much power?"

The deflected ki blast hit Susha in the shoulder. Susha grabbed his shoulder for a moment and then looked back at Salza. A ki blast formed at the Great Ape's mouth. Salza prepared his own ki blast and let it rip.

The two ki blasts met in the centre. For a while, the two beams stayed put, keeping each other at bay. Eventually, Susha's beam began to creep up towards Salza. Salza doubled the energy he put into his beam, trying to keep Susha's beam at bay, but it was no use--the beam kept coming up towards him.

When Susha's beam got too close, Salza dodged to the left. The Great Ape's beam went off into the sky. Salza watched the beam in total disbelief as it went by.

"You honestly think you could fight against a Great Ape?" Susha called. "Nobody can defeat me in a Great Ape form!"

The Great Ape took a few steps forward and grabbed at Salza. He flew backwards, desperate to get away from Susha. Salza sent a ki blast directly into the Great Ape's eye and watched the Ape stumble backwards with its hand over its eye.

"You fool!" Susha shouted. "What have you done?"

Then there was a shout from below. "Salza! Get out of the way! The Ape's too strong for you!"