Status: Ongoing

Cooler Rising

Chapter Nineteen

Salza fell back as Cooler flew up towards the Great Ape. Cooler sent two ki blasts at the temporarily blinded beast, but they were knocked back.

"Heh, Cooler?" Susha said. "Is that all you got?"

Cooler flew in front of Susha's face and stopped. "I don't need to defeat you," Cooler said. "All I need to do is destroy the moon and you're dead. Look at you! You've already been blinded by Salza's blast. Once that moon is gone, you'll never be able to see again."

"I'll never let it happen," Susha said, and prepared another ki blast from his mouth.

Cooler prepared his own ki blast and fired. Cooler's blast met Susha's between them and for a long time they were equal in the no-man's-land between them. Cooler looked over at Salza and shouted, "Salza! The moon! Destroy it now!"

"Yes sir!" Salza said and turned towards the moon. Salza flew upwards and prepared his ki blasts and then began firing.

Susha left the beam battle with Cooler and jumped up at Salza. Salza turned and fired a blast into the Great Ape's eye again. Cooler charged and kicked Susha in the chest and watched as the Great Ape fell to the ground.

Salza sent out another couple of ki blasts at the Great Ape and watched them hit the Saiyan's shoulder. Susha grabbed his shoulder in pain and screamed. Salza turned his attention back to the moon and fired another couple of shots at it.

The moon blew up in a display of red and yellow fireworks. Down below, Susha began reverting back to his humanoid form.

Salza and Cooler flew down to the surface where Susha was. The Saiyan stood, blood dripping from his eye and shoulder, and assumed a fighting pose.

"Don't be foolish," said Cooler. "The moon's been destroyed. You've reverted back to your normal form and you've been injured. There's no way you could win a fight against Salza and I now."

"I can damn well try," said Susha and readied a ki blast.

He fired several ki blasts at Cooler. Cooler blocked every blast and then sent his own blast at Susha's legs. Susha fell to the ground.

"I'm going to give you one last chance to join us," Cooler said. "If you don't, I will have to kill you."

"I'll never join you," Susha shouted and charged at Cooler.

Cooler grabbed Susha by the neck and twisted. Susha's body went limp and Cooler dropped it. Cooler fired a couple of shots at the Saiyan's limp body and then turned to Salza.

"Come on, Salza," he said. "We can't waste too much time on monkeys."