Status: Ongoing

Cooler Rising

Chapter Two

Cooler and his Armoured Squadron stepped out into a science lab.

"What is this place?" said Neiz.

"You fool!" Salza said, looking over at Neiz. "This is exactly where Lord Cooler ordered us to be."

"Don't be so hasty, Salza," Cooler said. "He's got a point. This is exactly where I ordered you to bring us, but it's also true that I haven't told you much about our mission."

Cooler stepped in front of his Armored Squadron and looked around the lab. "This facility used to house the production of what we call Saibaimen. They're a Saiyan invention, you understand, so they're somewhat crude...when Freeza first took over their planet, they were used for training excercises.

"They were weak; they only had a power level of 800. They couldn't follow orders. But with the help of some of Freeza's scientists, they came to be able to follow orders and eventually we increased their power levels to 1,200.

"We sent them on missions with low class warriors; the kind who could fight well enough and hold their own against the most common enemies but could be outmatched easily by numbers. I suppose none of you would have had to use them; you were all too strong to make effective use of them before you died. Before Freeza was killed by that damned Saiyan, the plan was to increase their power levels to around 12,000 so they'd be more effective...if this facility is still running, I wouldn't be surprised if they're coming close to that now."

"Sir!" Dore said, pressing his scouter. "I'm reading four power levels coming this way!"

"How strong?" Cooler said, coming around to his fighting pose.

"I'm not sure yet," Dore said. "My scouter's estimating that they're all over 80,000."

"Strong," Salza said. "But our training in Hell makes us stronger." He paused for a moment. "I'm getting an exact figure. Two are at 87,000; one's at 94,000; the other's at 208,000."

"208,000? That's too strong for any Saiyan!" Neiz said. "Are you sure that's right?"

"Now you're the hasty one, Neiz," Cooler said. "Don't be so hasty about these Saiyans. Goku was much stronger than 208,000, remember? Besides, these should be nothing to you. You grew a lot stronger in Hell."

"Sorry sir!"

"Keep the strongest alive," Cooler said. "I don't care what happens to the others."

The Armoured Squadron assumed their fighting pose as four Saiyans came out of a nearby hallway and stood in front of them.