Status: Ongoing

Cooler Rising

Chapter Twenty-one

Piccolo looked at Goku. "Listen, that power level is big enough that you're going to need more help than what Vegeta can provide," he said. "There's something on New Namek that can give me the power to be able to do that."

"What?" Goku said, looking surprised.

"There's some things nobody knows about my race," Piccolo said. "And honestly, it should probably stay that way."

Goku nodded. "We need all the muscle we can get," he said.

"It'll take me two weeks to get there and back," Piccolo said. "The question is, what are you going to do in the meantime?"

"Join the martial arts tournament," Goku said. "I've convinced Krillin and Gohan to join with me."

"You're wasting your time with Earth tournaments," Piccolo said. "Maybe years ago, before Raditz came, but now you're one of the strongest fighters in the universe. You totally outclass everyone on this world, except for maybe Vegeta, and even that's a pretty big maybe."

"Where else is there to go?" Goku said. "When I fought Freiza, he was meant to be the universe's strongest fighter. Since then, there's really only been the androids and Buu that have been strong enough to be a challenge in the realm of the living."

"That's a good question," Piccolo said. "I don't know." The Namekain paused for a moment. "You should ask King Kai if he knows what this huge power is, and if he knows where it is. We need any advantage we can get."

"Heh, that's a good idea Piccolo," Goku said.

Piccolo flew off and said, "If I stay any longer, I'll miss my ride."