Status: Ongoing

Cooler Rising

Chapter Twenty-three

"Destroy it, Salza!" Cooler shouted. "Destroy it now!"

Salza laughed and said, "My thoughts exactly, my lord!"

The robot fired the cannon. Salza jumped and looked down at the small crateor the robot's blast left in the hallway's floor. The robot locked onto Salza a second time and fired.

Salza grabbed the robot's shot and shouted, "Orange Blaster!"

An orange blast came out of Salza's hands and reflected the robot's blast. The robot fired a second time, but it got blocked by the Orange Blast. Soon enough, Salza's blast hit the robot's cannon and pierced directly through its torso.

The robot sparked, and again began to screech "Intruder alert!" repeatedly as loud as it could. Salza flew down and ripped the robot's head off, through it into the air and blasted it into oblivion.

What was left of the robot's body fell to the ground limply. Salza landed and looked at the destroyed robot in front of him and then up at Cooler.

"That's not going to be the last of them," Cooler said. "Look behind you."

Salza looked, and two Saibaimen jumped down from the catwalk above him. They leapt forward, and Salza prepared a ki blade around his hand.

The first Saibaiman jabbed forward with its hands. Salza parried them with the ki blade. He cut off one of its fingers--two, three, and then jabbed forward and stabbed the Saibaiman in the gut. It looked down at the hand in its gut, and then grabbed Salza by the elbow.

Salza screamed, and then with his free hand blasted the Saibaiman in the face. The Saibaiman stumbled back a little, freeing Salza's hand. Salza wrenched his hand out of the Saibaiman's stomach, and then kicked it four times up the torso.

The Saibaiman stumbled further back and threw a ki blast at Salza. Salza deflected it, forcing it upwards past the catwalk. The Saibaiman smiled and motioned behind Salza.

Salza turned and saw the other Saibaiman behind him. It kicked him in the gut, and then roundhouse kicked him to the head. The Saibaiman with blood coming from its gut came forward and put Salza in a headlock while the other began punching him repeatedly in the gut.

Salza threw his head back and got the Saibaiman behind him off him. He then turned around and blasted that Saibaiman hard enough that its head exploded.

And then he turned back around and faced the remaining Saibaiman directly.