Status: Ongoing

Cooler Rising

Chapter Twenty-four

"Guess you think you're really something, don't you?" Salza said with a smirk. "But then again, what would you expect from a piece of junk made by a Saiyan?"

The Saibaiman leaped forward. Salza jumped over it and then turned back to look at it. He fired two ki blasts after it, both of which missed. The Saibaiman landed, and then turned and fired its own ki blast and Salza.

Salza deflected the ki blast and jumped at the Saibaiman. He kicked it squarely in the face, and as it was stumbling back, it grabbed his foot. Salza flew up and slammed the Saibaiman repeatedly against the catwalk.

Eventually the Saibaiman let go and fell down to the ground. Salza looked down at the Saibaiman and prepared a ki blade around his hand and began falling down after it. The Saibaiman tried to fly back up to meet Salza, but he blasted it back down with his off hand.

Salza pinned the Saibaiman to the ground and cut its head from its shoulders, and then kicked the head further down the hall.

"Why, you're almost as good as the real thing," Salza said. "If only there were more monkeys as good as you!"

Cooler ran up to Salza. "If we had a dozen Saibaimen like those two, we could take a dozen systems in under a month," he said.

"I'm certain we have a dozen and more," Salza said. "Remember? Some of those bastards can transform. You don't find many fighters who can stand up to something with a power level like one of the ones that can transform has."

"And we have an army of Saiyans," Cooler said.

"As long as they're not like the other four," Salza said.

"Well, one can always dream," Cooler said. "Come on, let's defrost one of these monkeys. I want to see them do tricks."