Status: Ongoing

Cooler Rising

Chapter Twenty-five

Salza walked up to one of the pods and put his hand on it. The slightest gush of wind went between him and Cooler as he was about to open it.

"Wait!" Cooler said. "Wait. Did you hear that?"

Salza turned around and nodded. "We have another monkey boy around here," he said with a smile. "We can take another Saiyan brat, my lord."

A figure was standing on the catwalk above Salza and Cooler. Cooler looked up and pointed at it as Salza jumped up towards it.

The figure dodged Salza's advance once, twice, three times, and then jumped down to the hallway below. As the Saiyan was about to run off, Cooler grabbed it by the throat and slammed it against the wall. Salza jumped down from the catwalk.

"Not so fast, monkey boy," Salza said.

"We have questions for you," Cooler said.

The Saiyan grabbed at Cooler's tail. Cooler thrashed him against the hall again. The Saiyan let go of the tail and put his hands level with his head.

"Uh, uh," he said. "Don't be so hasty. Just nod or shake your head. Are there any other Saiyans awake right now?"

The Saiyan shook his head.

"Do you recognise me?" Cooler said with a smirk.

Again, the Saiyan nodded.

"Then you know that, once upon a time, your people served my brother?"

Another nod.

"Saiyan, would you describe yourself as one of the strongest here?"

He nodded a third time.

"Is there anyone else here awake other than the three of us, Saiyan or not?"

This time the Saiyan shook his head.

"No more Saibaimen that have been planted?"

The Saiyan shook his head.

"And you planted the two that attacked us earlier?" Cooler paused and added, "Don't lie; I'll know if you are."

The Saiyan nodded.

"Any more robotic guards around?"

Another nod.

"Are they online?"

The Saiyan shook his head a second time.

Cooler released the Saiyan. He fell to the floor and began gasping for air. "What's your power level?"

"I'm at 190,000," the Saiyan said. "My maximum is 420,000."

"Are there any other soldiers here on the same level as you?"

"There was our leader and three others," the Saiyan said. "They're dead now."

"What's your name?" Cooler asked.

"My name?" the Saiyan laughed. "My name is Turnip."