Status: Ongoing

Cooler Rising

Chapter Twenty-eight

The transport ship landed on the moon. Zither and his men looked up as it landed, and the broad Namekain smiled as it did so.

"It looks like we've got company, boys," he said. "Get ready for a fight."

Mammoth walked up beside Zither. The short, hairy man clicked his scouter and raised an eyebrow. "Zither, these ones are stronger than the last lot," he said.

"Stronger?" he said. "How much stronger?"

"I'm reading three life signs aboard that ship," Mammoth said. "One's at over five million, another at over four million, and I can't get an accurate reading on the third."

"Well...looks like we're in for one hell of a fight," Zither said as he assumed a fighting pose. "Mammoth, get my sword."

Mammoth nodded and ran into the tent. Do and Da ran up and assumed Mammoth's position.

"Do! Ja!" Zither said. "When they come out of their ship, I want you to jump them. We'll gain the element of surprise."

Do and Ja nodded. Mammoth came back out of the tent with Zither's sword and gave it to him.

"Good," Zither said. "Mammoth, did you hear what I told these two?"

Mammoth nodded.

"Once they've jumped them, I want you to come behind them and use that ability of yours. Make them bleed, Mammoth."

Mammoth smiled. "It'll be my pleasure," he said. "But what if they're expecting an attack?"

"Well," Zither said with a smile, "that's where I come in. You've never seen me use this sword, have you?"

The three warriors shook their heads.

"Of course you haven't," Zither said. "Not many people have...it's a rare thing for a Namek to have a sword like mine. When I wield it, it gives me twice as much power as I'd have ordinarily. Against these guys it probably won't count for a whole lot, but it'll make things a little more interesting."