Status: Ongoing

Cooler Rising

Chapter Twenty-nine

The spaceship ramp lowered. Salza and Turnip readied themselves, and then at the first possible moment they jumped out of the ship.

Do sped between the two and hit Salza in the back. He stumbled forward and was hit in the jaw by Ja. Turnip kicked Ja out of the way and sent a ki blast after Do.

The ki blast followed Do under the spaceship. Do kept running from it, and then turned and blasted it away with his own ki blast.

Ja and Salza parried blows, going further and further away from the camp. Ja was fast, but not fast enough to block or dodge any of Salza's blows--he was sweating now, and Salza knew it.

"Boom Punch!" Ja shouted as a wave of ki gathered around his fist as he hit Salza square in the chest.

Salza stumbled backwards a little, but managed to hold his ground. "So the strong man likes to make sound, huh?" he said with a smile. "How about I show you what warriors like me can do with sound?"

Ja gathered the ki to his fist again, and punched the ground. The ki from the punch blasted forward, heading towards Salza. Salza jumped up into the sky and shouted, "Orange Blast!"

Salza's ki blast sped towards Ja. The strong man grabbed the ki and knocked it upwards, and then jumped up and hit it towards Salza.

Salza knocked the ki blast away from him, and then sent a barrage of ki blasts towards his opponent. He flew forward towards Ja.

Mammoth flew up and blocked Salza's path. The hairy man turned some of the hair on his left arm into a blade, and then smiled.

"I take it you're the one they call Mammoth?" Salza said with a smile. "I wonder, how much do you like to play with swords?"

Salza formed an energy blade around his hand and jabbed at Mammoth. Mammoth blocked it, and then swung at Salza. The blue alien swerved out of the way of the blade and then jabbed again at the hairy man.

This time, the blade hit. Salza's hand blade went into Mammoth's right shoulder, and there was a loud scream as Salza pulled it out.

"You'll pay for that, you blue piece of shit," Mammoth said as he lunged forward.