Status: Ongoing

Cooler Rising

Chapter Thirty-two

Ja's fist landed directly on Salza's breastplate. There was a small crack, but nothing serious. Salza laughed, and kicked directly into Ja's crotch. Ja buckled down with pain, and floated backwards slightly.

"I told you to fight me better than your friend did," Salza said, and came forward and hit Ja across the jaw. "What part of fight me better don't you understand?"

Salza uppercutted Ja, and the warrior's head buckled back. Ja sent a kick into Salza's head. Salza's head buckled to the side, and then Ja hit him square over the back of the head. Salza went flying down for a small while and then came back up. Salza sent a couple of ki blasts after Ja, but he was able to block them.

"That's better," Salza said. "I'm going to kill you, of course, but at least you're giving me some amusement now."

Ja checked his scouter. "You're toying with me," he said. "Didn't your parents ever teach you not to play with your food before you eat it?"

Salza smiled and sent a ki blast after Ja. It hit him directly in the chest, sending a small amount of smoke where it hit. Ja fell back, but then rose up again.

"Boom Blaster!" Ja shouted, and sent a series of ki bubbles after Salza.

Salza dodged two of the blasts, but the third and fourth ones hit him. They sent him flying back. Ja flew after him, and then hit him from behind. As Salza was flying upwards, Ja blocked his path and smiled. The bulky man shouted, "Boom Punch!" and hit Salza square in the chest.

Salza's shoulders caved inwards, but then relaxed right back. Salza headbutted Ja, and then grabbed his jaw and began hitting him in the stomach.

Turnip flew up next to Salza and laughed as he watched Ja being pounded in the stomach.

"Come on," Turnip said. "Are you going to kill him or what?"

"My parents taught me to never play with my food," Salza said. "But they also taught me never to be a cannibal. An enemy on the battlefield that you kill is unfit to be your food."

"My parents taught me the same thing," Turnip said. "But they taught me to never fuck around with the third guy when you know there's a fourth waiting for you down on the ground."

Salza smiled and looked at Ja. "It looks like this is where you and I part ways," Salza said. "I told you I was going to kill you, and now I will."

Salza jabbed his hand straight through Ja's stomach, and twisted it around a few times. And then he pulled it out and threw Ja's limp body away.

Turnip and Salza then flew to the ground in front of Zither.