Status: Ongoing

Cooler Rising

Chapter Thirty-three

Zither readied his sword. Turnip assumed a fighting stance, but Salza stood silently and observed the Namekain.

"Salza!" Turnip said. "Aren't you going to fight?"

"I'm going to fight," Salza said. "But I've seen swords like that down in Hell."

Zither was startled. "This is a Namekain Ki Sword!" he shouted. "Surely you haven't seen one of our sacred weapons! Only our elite soldiers ever get one of these!"

"I've met Namekain elite soldiers," Salza said. "They're all dead, and they've all ended up where you're headed after this fight. And I know they double your power level."

"What?" Turnip exclaimed.

"With that sword, Zither isn't just another strong Namekain with a power level over 700,000," Salza said. "With that sword, Zither has gotten his power level well over a million. He's no match for the two of us, but if he got one of us by ourselves, it'd be a hell of a close call between us."

"What are you trying to say, Salza?" Turnip said. "This is a man who single handedly killed a half dozen Saiyan warriors with his bare hands!"

"Yes, Turnip, with his bare hands," Salza said. "Hey, Zither!"

Zither raised his head and smiled.

"You can fight, right?"

Zither nodded.

"How about I cut you a deal?" Salza said. "I'm going to send Turnip back to the ship to get the guy who sent us here. You and I fight one on one, and if he's impressed, well, I won't kill you. He'll recruit you if he's impressed."

"Salza, you can't do this!" Turnip said.

"I can do this," Salza said. "After this, we're going to Namek anyway. We need someone who knows how to use their Dragon Balls. Zither knows how to use their Dragon Balls. If he's strong enough to go up against me one on one, well he's strong enough to show us around Namek and get Dore and Niez back."

"And then what, Salza? What are we going to do if he betrays us?"

"Well, if he betrays us," Salza said slowly and calmly, "I'll let you kill him yourself."

Turnip smiled. "Alright," he said. "I'll kill him myself if he betrays us. Yeah, alright, I'll get Cooler down here. You can fight him one on one."

The Saiyan stepped back, laughed a little and then flew towards the ship. Salza and Zither assumed a fighting pose and waited.