Status: Ongoing

Cooler Rising

Chapter Thirty-four

Zither ran forward. He swung his blade at Salza, who ducked and rolled between the Namekain's legs. Zither twisted around and swung a second time, missing again. Salza jumped and kicked Zither squarely in the nose.

The Namekain grabbed Salza by the ankle and threw him into the ground. Zither stomped once, twice, three times into Salza's face. Salza rolled to the side and then blasted upwards. Zither jumped back, dodging the ki blast, and then assumed his fighting pose again.

Salza stood up and resumed his fighting pose. He wiped away the blood from under his nose and smiled for a moment.

"You're the real deal, huh?" Salza said. "You really are one of the elites."

"I'm one of the elites," Zither said. "But I was banished from Namek six years ago. They think I'm a menace to their society. But what's the point of being a warrior if you have nobody to hone your skills against, right?"

Salza laughed. "I think I might like you, Namek," he said, and then ran up towards Zither.

Zither dodged the hits Salza threw once, twice, thrice, four times. Then Salza kicked Zither between the legs and slapped him across the back of the head. Zither fell down and swung his sword at Salza. Salza grabbed the blade of the sword, blood trickling down from his hand, and threw the Namekain into the air.

Salza flew up after Zither and began another series of parries at him. Zither dodged or blocked all the hits coming after him, and laughed as he did it. Suddenly, he stopped moving, and Salza stopped with him. There was a long pause, and Zither looked down on the ground.

"What's the matter, huh?" Salza said. "Why aren't you fighting me?"

"Look down!" Zither said. "I think I can see your boss down there."

Salza looked down and saw Turnip and Cooler walking across the grass to an area below where the two were fighting. Zither laughed and swung his sword, cutting Salza across the back. The Namekain kicked Salza, and watched him fall to the ground.

Salza flew back around and sent a couple of ki blasts after Zither. He dodged both of them with his sword, and then flew down to the ground.