Status: Ongoing

Cooler Rising

Chapter Thirty-seven

A wall of flames headed towards Piccolo. He looked down and smiled--there was no way he was going to be able to dodge this.

Piccolo threw his hands down and shouted, "Rapid Shot!" Multiple ki blasts went down towards the wall of flames coming towards him, and began to halt the wall in its tracks. However, little by little, the wall began to climb further up towards Piccolo.

Blast after blast went down into the inferno. After a while, the inferno stopped completely in its tracks and didn't budge an inch. Piccolo stopped firing his ki blasts and waited for a moment. The wall of fire still didn't move.

And then the impossible happened. The wall of fire started to dissipate, and the ki blasts that Piccolo had previously fired began to fly up towards him.

Piccolo smiled. "Pretty smart move you have there," he said. "Wasn't expecting that one."

He paused for a moment, and then held out his arms to both sides. Electricity began to channel through his body, and then he pulled his arms in front of him. The electricity he'd gathered became wind, and began to force the ki blasts flying at him to go down into the hills surrounding him.

The soldier smiled. "You're better than I was expecting," he called. "But you're too hasty, stranger! You forget about the small things!"

The soldier teleported behind Piccolo and kicked him across the back. Piccolo turned around and hit the soldier across the jaw. The soldier's face and neck cracked with the force of the hit, but came back soon enough. The soldier headbutted Piccolo and sent a ki blast into his chest.

Piccolo flew downwards. The soldier sent several more ki blasts after him, but Piccolo turned and dodged and blocked all of them. He sent a couple of ki blasts back at the soldier, both of which hit hard at him.

Finally, Piccolo landed on the ground, panting. Smoke was rising from the ground beneath his feet; a result of several dozen ki blasts having hit there over the course of two minutes. The smoke formed a wall around the circle where the two Namekains had unofficially decided to limit their fight to.

The soldier landed on the ground. He charged Piccolo a second time. He sent punch after punch after his opponent. Piccolo blocked and dodged them. And then Piccolo elbowed the soldier in the cheek, and allowed the soldier to fall to the ground.

"Oh yes, you're good," the soldier said. "I'll give you that."