Status: Ongoing

Cooler Rising

Chapter Four

Oran was silent for a moment.

"Come now," Cooler said. "It's a simple choice, Oran. If you join me, you'll become strong. You might even be able to transform in time. But you'll have to join me to be able to do it; I can't let you live if you say no."

"I will," Oran said. "I will join you."

"Sir!" said Wich. "You can't do that." He motioned at Cooler. "You know how his brother treated our people. You know what kind of scum he is! Traitor!"

Salza leapt forward and grabbed Wich by the throat. Salza slammed Wich against the wall and held him there for a while.

"You would be very well advised to keep your mouth shut around Lord Cooler," Salza said.

"Just kill him, Salza!" Neiz said. "You know we can't convince him of Lord Cooler's grace."

"No, don't kill him," Cooler said. "Let him go. Perhaps we have an opportunity to persuade him to see it our way."

Salza let Wich fall to the floor. "It's your lucky day, you Saiyan brat," Salza said. "It's not every day that Lord Cooler orders me to show mercy to a monkey."

Cooler walked over to the wall where Wich was and looked down. "Now, Wich, will you join me?" Cooler said. "You've seen the strength of one of my men. You can become that powerful as well, if you join me."

"Strong...how strong is he?" Wich said.

"His power level is at 520,000," Cooler said.

"Impossible!" Wich said. "That's about the same as--"

"Yes, as my brother in his base form," Cooler said. "He's strong enough to give even the strongest warriors a hard time. You should join us and find out what that kind of strength feels like."

"I don't believe you," Wich said. "He can't possibly be that strong! I'll never join you!"

Wich stood up. His hand clenched and went hard towards Salza's face. Salza blocked it. Wich moved his hand out and began to form a ki blast.

"Perhaps Neiz was right," Cooler said. "You can't be taught. Salza, kill him."