Status: Ongoing

Cooler Rising

Chapter Seven

Cooler looked across the bridge of the ship. He then looked over at Oran.

"How long has this ship been here?" Cooler said.

"Since before Planet Vegeta was destroyed," Oran said. "We kept a ship here near the facility just in case something came up. It was meant to be a transport vessel in case King Vegeta said we needed to evacuate the planet, but that never came up."

"Then how come Freeza never knew about it, Oran?" Cooler said. "Surely he must have had every inch of this facility searched..."

"He did sir, but the entrance to the ship looks just like an airlock," Oran said. "We were able to insinuate that it was the emergency exit in case of a severe power failure or a coolant leak. His men never bothered to come through."

"You're smarter than I thought you were," Cooler said and then looked over at Dore. "Neiz! Dore! I want every room of this ship searched to see if Oran has anything he's not telling me about."

"Yes sir!" Neiz and Dore said in unison and walked off.

"Cooler--"

"Yes, I know, Oran. You serve me now. But if you lied to my brother, then you will eventually lie to me. I'm not going to let that be from day one."

"Lord Cooler!" Salza said as he hurried into the door. "Susha and Sauge have reported that they've finished fighting a quarter of the Saibaimen."

"Are they injured, Salza?" Cooler said with a smirk.

"No sir," Salza said. "But the Saibaimen are transforming--you have to come see this."

"Ah," said Cooler, looking at Oran. "So this is the first thing you've hidden from me. I told you that it would happen eventually."

Cooler walked off the bridge of the ship and followed Salza.