Status: Ongoing

Cooler Rising

Chapter Nine

Cooler looked down at the training room from the observation chamber. The Saibaiman had begun its transformation.

"Salza, you were telling me this has happened before," Cooler said.

"Yes sir," Salza said. "They reach 75,000 in their transformed state."

Cooler looked over at Oran. "A Saibaiman that can transform and more than double its power," he said. "Now, isn't that exciting?" Cooler chuckled for a moment. "Then again, there's nothing for you to be worried about. Susha and Sauge are both at 87,000; they can take it down between the two of them, surely."

"Sir, I can explain--" Oran began.

"Yes, I'm sure you can," Cooler said. "But first I'm going to give you my explanation. See, those two Saiyans down there envisage themselves as the true rulers of the Saiyan race. Surely nobody who sees themselves as a ruler could possibly let themselves be commanded by someone they see as a lesser."

"My lord, what are you saying?" Oran said.

"Come on, Oran, you can't possibly be this daft," Cooler said. "Their power levels aren't limited to 87,000. They're hiding their true power. You're at 208,000; your dead warrior was at 94,000...there's no way that, after so long in isolation, there would still be such massive discrepancies between your power levels...unless someone was covering up their true power."

"So that monkey isn't dead?" Salza exclaimed, stepping forward. "Then where is he?"

"Oh no, I'm sure he's dead," Cooler said. "He's probably the only one of them who didn't bother with an act. But these three? Certainly they're acting. Those two down there are at levels far beyond a mere 87,000, aren't they Oran?"

"Sir, I swear to you, I tell you no lies--"

"No lies that you weren't prepped to tell," Cooler said. "Salza, how strong do you think you would have to be to totally outmatch Oran?"

"I could do it easily, sir," Salza said. "But bare minimum I'd say you'd need to be at at least 265,000 before you could hopelessly outmatch him."

"265,000," Cooler said. "Both of them are at 265,000 or above, aren't they, Oran? There's no way that you'd leave them alive if they weren't that strong."

Oran was speechless.

"And the Saibaimen? You're up to a Mark Twelve and there's only been four people here for decades. There's more people here than that, I'm sure. Dore and Neiz are down searching your ship, and I'm willing to bet they're going to find lines of your kind in suspended animation." Cooler laughed. "The Saiyan race survived right under Freeza's nose and he had no idea."

Cooler looked down at the training room. "I'll deal with your punishment later," he said. "First I have a fight to watch."