Status: will be updated at least once a week starting next week. title credit for each chapter goes to queen's bohemian rhapsody

I'll Be the Only Light

Is This The Real Life, Is This Just Fantasy?

When Vic went to school that morning, he expected the usual. Another boring day. Another boring period of eight hours studying his ass off and spending his time with his crazy friends. His gang’s stupid antics. Jeremy with his anime, games, and psychic “powers” which Vic at first thought was a joke (guess he wasn’t right about everything after all). Jaime with his YouTube fame and pretty Australian girlfriend Jenna. Tony with his creepy smile and peculiar obsession with turtles. Alex and Jack—God knows what they’ve been up to. Mike’s boyfriend Rian Dawson—the only popular guy in their gang. The kids in class who called Vic a wimp. Coach Merrick and his unexplainable hatred toward Vic. What else? Everything but Kellin Quinn.

The moment Vic saw those pale, clear blue eyes, he knew something was different. Never did he see those eyes before. Eyes filled with so much beauty and eloquence, but also arrogance and narcissism.

“Alright, class, since Mr. Urie is at the hospital waiting for his wife—who is currently about to give birth—I will be substituting for him for the rest of the week,” said Ms. Williams, the school’s young, rather eccentric, short, orange-haired sociology teacher. Hell, I have no idea what these kids are up to, yet I’m standing in front of them as if I know shit. Where’s Brendon when you need him? “Mr. Urie told me that you guys are working on an experiment, yes?”

The whole class nodded.

“Perfect,” said Ms. Williams. “And we have a new member here. Please welcome…Kellin Quinn.”

“The name’s Kellin Quinn-Bostwick,” the blue-eyed bastard said in front of the class. “Call me Kellin Quinn, or just Kellin.”

“Where are you from?” asked a kid at the back—Josh Franceschi, one of Alex’s ex-boyfriends, who Vic thought was a “dumb ass”, but turned out to be academically smart enough to be in the honors roll with Vic.

“Florida.”

“Is it true that you’re a model?” asked Jenna, wincing as Vic nudged her in the elbow. “Shit! What do you want, Fuentes?”

“You know, Jaime’s not gonna like that,” Vic grinned.

“Duh. I’m a good-looking dude. And a great fuck,” Kellin winked, fixing his hair. “I model for clothing lines sometimes. I also sing in a band—I’m pretty good at singing. You should hear me sing some time.”

“Language!” Ms. Williams glared.

“Oh, sorry, Miss.”

No wonder the little prick looks so damn good, thought Vic. Attractive, but cocky. Cockier than he should be with those gorgeous blue eyes of his.

Before Vic knew it, Kellin already had a nerdy girl giggling awkwardly and scribbling down her number on his hand. “Call me.”

“Sure,” Kellin sneered sarcastically. “But, first, lemme take a selfie with y’all. Time to show the world the losers I now go to school with.”

“And that’s why the world needs an apocalypse!” a selfie-hating, nerdy kid at the back of the class said.

Now he’s calling us losers? Wow, what a douchebag, thought Vic.

“That’s enough for today, Quinn,” Ms. Williams said. “According to Mr. Urie’s list, you are working with Fuentes, Vic…Vic Fuentes. Right over there.”

“Ew, who the hell is Vic Fuentes? Probably a weird Mexican kid with a weird Mexican name. Fuentes Muchos Nachos Burritos Taco Bell or whatever,” sighed Kellin. “Oops, I mean, okay, sure.”

“Can I just beat the shit out of this prick? Like, right now?” Vic whispered.

Jenna shook her head. “I don’t think so. You’re too nice for that. You wouldn’t even hurt a fly, how could you possibly even throw the first punch?”

“Move, slut,” Kellin threw his bag next to Jenna’s. “Kidding, girl. Can I have your number?”

“Hate to break it to you, but I’m taken by the coolest guy in the world. And, by the way, you’re hot as fuck, but you’re a dick, so don’t even think I’d give you a chance,” spat Jenna, moving next to her lab partner.

“Hi, Kellin,” said Vic, trying his best to be nice.

“Vic, is it?” asked Kellin. “So, what’s the experiment shit all about?”
“Titration. This thing here is called phenolphthalein, which we’re gonna use to indicate—“

Kellin rolled his eyes. “Yeah, dude, I know damn well what that is. There’s a reason why I’m on the honors roll even though I pretty much skip school for choir competitions and modeling every week.”

God, you really can’t keep your ego any lower, can you? “Um, well, then…you’re smarter than the rest of us,” Vic smiled sweetly. “That’s great. Anyway, we gotta do it three times and count the average—“

“Concentration and volume. Got it,” Kellin sneered arrogantly. “Anything else, Fuentes?”

“Uh…”

“Thought so. Come on, let’s do this thing.”

“Okay.”

Just as they were about to do the experiment, the door opened. Alex slid in with his psychology text book, oblivious of the burettes, pipes, beakers, and chemicals around him. “Sorry, I’m late,” said the caramel-haired boy, shaking anxiously. “Wait, what are you guys doing? What’s with the lab stuff? What’s Vic and Jenna doing here? Where am I?”

“You’re in the wrong class, dude,” laughed Josh as his ex-boyfriend blushed.

“Hey, who’s that?” asked Kellin.

“Oh, that’s my friend Alex. Alex Gaskarth,” said Vic. “Shit, he looks like he’s about to faint.”

The next thing they knew, Alex fell against the floor, struggling to breathe. Kellin and Vic rushed to his side, staring at the boy in shock.

“Oh my God,” Jenna gasped. “Again?”

“What do you mean, ‘again’?” asked Kellin. “Has this happened before?”

Ms. Williams nodded. “Gaskarth has severe anxiety and he’s passed out from lack of oxygen during a panic attack before.”

“Fucking pussy deserved it,” Josh smiled victoriously.

“Hey!” Kellin yelled. “You, shut up!”

Oh, so now he decides to stand up for a random boy he never even talked to. Nice, thought Vic, helping Alex up with his arms.

“Let me do it, man,” Kellin pushed Vic off the unconscious boy’s body, lifting him up bridal style.

*

“Damn it!” Jeremy cursed at his laptop. “Why aren’t they fucking already? This yaoi sucks, man.”

“Bowie?” Tony asked, all smiles.

“Yaoi, Tony. YAOI!”

“Shut up, Jeremy! No one wants to know about your secret gay anime fetish, ‘kay?” laughed Rian, fingers twirling Mike’s hair. “Oh, look, there’s Vic. And the new kid…wow, helloooo there, Mr. Hot Mess.”

“I heard that,” Mike grumbled.

Rian smiled a grin. “Just kidding, babe. You’re the only Mr. Hot Mess here.”

“Sup, guys?” Vic sat next to Alex, with Kellin by his side, smiling at the gang. “This is Kellin. He’s from Florida.”

“Sup, Kellin?” the rest of the gang greeted him in unison.

“What’s your name?” Kellin asked Alex.

“Vic,” said Vic, faking a smile. What the fuck? I thought I’d already told him that! God, what a douchebag.

“He was asking me, not you, Vic,” Alex chuckled, staring back at Kellin with a perky look in his eyes. “Hi. I’m Alex.”

“I’m Kellin,” smiled Kellin. “Nice to meet ya. You okay now?”

“Yeah,” Alex smiled weakly. “Thanks for helping me out today.”

Those clear blue eyes were now staring at the bottom of the table. Vic wasn’t sure why, but he had an awful feeling that it had something to do with Alex. The cute boy couldn’t help it—he took a great advantage of his good looks. First of all, he used Jenna for his sexting needs. Then, Josh and he cheated on each other with the same girl. Since he hated therapy, he also successfully seduced his therapist Dr. Jardine (or, as they all liked to call her, Tay) so that he would make out with her instead of having a therapy session. His latest to-be victim was Ms. Williams, but she knew better than to give in to a thirsty 17-year-old. Who knows, maybe Kellin would be next.

As mean as he is, he doesn’t deserve that. Everyone knows Alex is a total asshole when it comes to relationships, Vic thought, looking at Kellin’s stare once again.

*

“Ah, shit! It’s me, Mikey Whiskey Hands a.k.a. F-Money! Mother Bitch Fuentes it is! I bet your chicken nuggets y’all never met a motherfucker fresher than ya boy Mikey! Y’all foos said you’re all playas, but I fucked yo’ hot-ass bitches last night!”

“Mike! What the fuck are you doing?”

Mike stirred away from his stereo, looking up at his older brother. “What? I’m practicing! Hey, stop laughing!”

Vic grinned. “Practicing for what?”

“Freestyle rap tonight at KFC.”

“Didn’t know they had rap contests these days,” Vic threw his backpack off his shoulders. “Nice beat, by the way, Mr. Whiskey Hands.”

“Thanks, bro. Now, back to business! Ya boy Mikey Whiskey Hands here, with all his bitches and riches, the man yo bitch ditches!”

Prying away from his brother’s beats, Vic walked downstairs, thinking of what happened today. A lot had bugged him ever since Kellin stepped into his chemistry class. Those pale blue eyes of his. Why couldn’t Vic get them off his mind? He was supposed to hate that douchebag, but those blue eyes stayed in his mind. Well, not for long now, he thought, thinking of a new line to add to his song. And I will soon forget the color of your eyes, and you’ll forget mine…

The color of his eyes suddenly became his new color. Did that bug him? Yes, it did. He wasn’t supposed to fall in love with them. They were full of arrogance and evil. Vic wasn’t exaggerating when the word evil came to his mind. Kellin was just pure evil, and it wasn’t Vic’s fault he was evilly handsome. But what bugged Vic the most, was that he was sure that Kellin was staring at Alex’s ass earlier that day. Not just staring. He was wanting.

“Fuck it,” Vic muttered to himself, opening the door to Tony and a seemingly traumatized Jeremy. “Oh, hey, guys. You okay?”

“He’s acting all crazy and shit,” Tony grinned. “Said he just had a vision. Crazy, don’t ya think?”

“I just had a vision,” Jeremy said, putting his skateboard next to Vic’s door.

Vic raised an eyebrow, ignoring Tony’s sanctimonious laughter. Jeremy’s visions were never a good sign. “Vision?”

“I’ve seen something. Something really shitty. Like, really bad.”

“What is it?”

“It’s really bad. I can’t tell you what it is but it involves one of us throwing his life all away. You know, like that line in Bohemian Rhapsody, man. ‘Mama, life had just begun, but now I’ve gone and thrown it all away’ or something like that? I keep having dreams about that song and just a few hours ago I had…that vision…”

“Tell me all about it.”

Jeremy sighed. “Alright. Well, I saw a baby. A dead baby. God, I can’t even describe how horrid it is to see a fucking dead baby covered in blood and shit!”

“A dead baby?” Vic squinted. “That’s weird. Okay, what else?”

“Wanna know what else?” asked Jeremy. “I saw Alex in my vision.”

“What does this have to do with Alex?”

A tear fell from Jeremy’s eye. “That’s where it went wrong, man.”
♠ ♠ ♠
first chapter, yay! I haven't written anything in about 3 months thanks to school and national exams (which I had to take to graduate from high school), so here you go. Comments are very much appreciated.