Status: Sexually Active

Until the End

Arianne Esmé Forbes

“Get up Arianne!” Nina yelled outside my bedroom door. I rolled around in bed and groaned.
“I would prefer not to,” I replied. I could feel Nina rolling her eyes at me.
“Well too bad, we have uni and if you want a decent amount of time to get ready before we leave I suggest you get up now.” She said, very dismissively. I mumbled a short agreement and unwilling went to the shower. I did all the necessary steps in the shower and got out in record time. I hate how I can’t have a decent long shower in the morning before Uni; it is something that I miss very much. In a towel, I headed back into my room and got dressed. In the morning, I will look in my closet and normally go with whatever my brain decides. However, sometimes it does change if the weather gets weird.

After I got, dressed, I did my makeup and hair before picking out some jewellery to wear. I chose the shoes I wanted to wear and walked out to the kitchen, where Nina was sitting and eating her breakfast. I went straight to the coffee machine and made myself a coffee. I poured myself a coffee, sat down at the table with Nina, and stole some of her toast.
“Are you alright there?" She asked. I finished eating before saying, “actually I'm half left." She shook her head at me.
“You’re driving.” Nina declared. I rolled my eyes.
“Fine,” I agreed, “but my music.” Now it was her turn to roll her eyes. On the way to Uni, we didn’t talk much. We sung during the drive to Uni; it is a short ride. Nina and I take it in turns to drive there. Driving to Uni is not the problem; actually finding a damn parking spot is. Once we found a parking spot, we said our goodbyes and parted ways.

When I got to my first lecture, I saw Daniel sitting in the middle of the theatre. As I approached him, I smiled and waved.
“Hello lovey.” Daniel said, once I sat down next to him.
“Hey.” I said in return. I pulled my notebook from my bag and opened to a fresh page as Daniel started talking about his weekend. This was a casual start to the week conversation with him. It was interesting to see how frequently Daniel and his friends go barhopping on the weekend and yet they have not stumbled into where I work.
“You know that I work in a bar, right Daniel?” I asked him. Because I interrupted him, he looked at me shocked, but he did stop talking. The way he talked about weekends sounded like he was reading it out of his diary or journal.
“How are you even old enough to work in a bar?” He asked in a teasing voice. I slapped him playfully on the arm. According to Daniel, I barely looked my age, 21; to him I still looked 18.
“Very funny,” I said as I smiled at him, “but how you haven’t been to the bar I work at is beyond me.” He shrugged his shoulders. “What’s it called?” He asked. I barely had time to say Fiction before the lecturer raised his hand and begun talking about children’s language.
“How interesting was that lecture?” Daniel asked once we were out of the lecture theatre, and on our way to our one-hour break. I shrugged my shoulders as I pulled out my phone, to see if there were any messages. There was not. Personally, I did find the lecture interesting; because the reality was that, I was going to pursue this as a career. I needed to know all about children, language and children’s language. But, I did not say that to Daniel, I shrugged my shoulders and that was enough to satisfy him.

“So, since when did you start working in a bar?” He asked. I continued my habit of shrugging my shoulders, before realising that he was not looking at me. Daniel not looking at me was a sign that he wanted a verbal answer.
“Since I was old enough, I guess, got to pay for Uni books somehow,” I said.
“And you’re only telling me now?” He asked. Daniel sounded offended but I knew that was only part of the case. It was not hard to offend him, but I knew that telling him was not to offend him.
“I figured that because you spend the whole weekend bar hopping with your friends that you would eventually roll into where I work.” I replied.
“Guess not, now I will definitely have to visit you this weekend,” Daniel said, winking at me. I rolled my eyes. Daniel was a nice person, but he was too good looking for his own good. He knew how good looking he was, but of course he did, he had all the girls swooping at his feet wherever he went. I only considered him as a friend though.

Lost in my own thoughts, I barely recognised my phone vibrating in my hand. I had a phone call; it was Nina.
“My friend is calling me.” I told Daniel, before answering the phone.
Nina told me that she was in Starbucks wait me, because her class finished a bit early. I told her I was heading that way now just as Daniel gave me a quick hug and waved goodbye, before walking off into his own direction. Nina and I hung up and I walked the short distance to the Starbucks. I found Nina seated inside, drinking her Iced Mocha, whilst looking through a textbook. I dropped my bag on the table and walked over to order a much-needed coffee.

Nina and I sat there for a while, did some of our readings, until we got bored of our textbooks, and sat there talking about anything. People would think that because we live together that we would not have anything to talk about, but we are constantly finding new things to talk about. For example - we talk - about television shows, ones that we watch together and ones that we watch separately. We talk about boys like normal girls and even ask for opinions on each other’s clothes and assignments.

“So who was that guy I heard over the phone?” Nina asked. I was confused for a moment about who she was talking about.
"Oh that was Daniel. He's in my classes." I said. Nina raised her eyebrows up and down at me suggestively and said, "Hook in." I rolled my eyes at her.
"Please, he's like a brother to me," I said, "and anyway he is a womanizer." She huffed.
“You should hook up with your boss, he sounds hot," she said. I laughed and said "which one?"

Image


"Hey boys," I said as I walked through the back of the club. Zacky was carrying crates of alcohol to the bar. He did a half wave with one of his hands and handed me crate to take to the front, which was fine because that was the way I needed to go. I carried the crate and put it out on the bar. Jimmy was sitting on the customer side with a drink in his hand. I smiled at him and shook my head.

"Drinking already Jimmy?" I asked him. Jimmy looked up at me. He must not have heard me putting the crate down.
"It's been that kind of day." He replied. I frowned at him.
"It's always that kind of day for you." I said jokingly. Jimmy shrugged.
"Everything will be fine Jimmy." I said before leaning over and patting him on the back. Jimmy was the bouncer of the club and obviously he had to be mean and hard during his working hours but Jimmy was the most kind-hearted, caring person I have ever met. He is always there for everyone and he is everyone's best friend. It was, however, unusual for him to be like this, so I went to see if the bosses knew what was up.

I knocked on the office door and Matt mumbled a very irritated come in.
"Hey Matt," I said as I walked in and sat down on a chair. Matt looked up and gave me a half smile.
“You don't happen to know anyone that is looking for a job, do you?" He asked. I frowned.
“No I don't, why?” I asked in return.
“Katrina quit, so now I need to fill her fucking spot. Brian is out doing business so we are two people short now." He said, he was growling by the end of it. I sighed.
“Fan-fucking-tastic,” I said and shook my head, "no, I don't know anyone, sorry," he sighed and nodded.
“Now, why are you here?” He asked.
“I was wondering if you knew what is wrong with Jimmy.” I asked him, “because I went out there and he is not very happy. Drinking already," He shook his head and mumbled a 'fucking great'.
“It's gonna be a fun night." He said. I laughed and nodded my head.

We sat there for a few seconds and I took the chance to take in his appearance. Matt has a distinctive jaw line, which was very strong looking. His eyes were a bright, pale hazel colour that stood out with his buzz cut hair. Matt had the cutest dimples and they showed every time he cracked a smile.

The door to the office flew open and Brian walked in, closing the door behind him. I jumped out of my trance and sat back in the chair, crossing my arms across my chest.
“I thought you weren’t coming back until much later tonight?” Matt said to Brian. Brian looked at me before replying, “It didn’t take as long as I thought it would,” Brian said. He sounded shifty as he looked at me, but I just shrugged it off. Matt and Brian continued their own conversation whilst I just stared at Brian.

I don’t know what it is, but I am just so attracted to him. From the very first time that I saw him, I just felt this pull to him. Brian had a strong jaw line, with a little bit of a beard and thin lips. His eyes were large, brown pools and his brown hair is usually spiked and styled. He had strong arms and looked very muscular. But, I think what I liked about him so much is that he is so mystery personality wise.

“Well, I’m glad you’re here,” I said to Brian. It took me a moment to realise what I actually said and how wrong they both could have taken it. “I mean, so we’re not so short staffed tonight.” I explained quickly. Matt smirked at me secretly; I think he had a hunch about my attraction to Brian. Brian just nodded his head and said, “Well I guess I will be helping out in the bar tonight then, what happened?” Matt sighed. “Fucking Katrina quit,” he said.
Brian rolled his eyes, “Typical, she wasn’t that good anyways.”
I raised my eyebrows, “Is this what you two are going to do behind my back if I quit?” I asked. They both looked at me, shocked.
“You’re not quitting on us, you’re the best barmaid we’ve had,” Brian said. I blushed and mumbled a thank you.
“And if you did, I’d drag you back here, I would even beg!” Matt said, I laughed and shook my head.
“Well the only way you’d get rid of me is if you fire me, so I guess you are stuck with me,” I said playfully. They both laughed at me and shook their head. I took this as my time to leave the office and told them both that I will see them out on the floor.

Image


Swarms of bodies fill the bar and all the colours and exposed flesh morphs into one another as they are dancing on the floor. In truth, the bar is more of a club, the way it fills up. It looked very sophisticated inside, for a man’s point of view, it doesn’t look like a typical stuffy bar and that is why I liked it so much. I enjoyed working here. Apart from the waitress, I am the only girl that works here and it makes it so much easier. I prefer working with men because they are all business when it’s busy, but when it’s calm and slow they are fun and relaxed, which is exactly what I am like.

Fiction always got so busy, but it was always so interesting and fun. Right now, I am working with Brian and Zacky at the bar. Although they are all business, Zacky and I enjoy dancing around and singing whilst we serve the customers. Brian isn’t in the bar very often but when he is, Zacky is forever trying to get him to have some fun. Brian doesn’t dance around and sing, unless he’s had a few drinks in him, so Zacky and I try to slip him some drinks to help him loosen up. I love it when he’s carefree, it makes it just a little bit more fun.

I looked up and saw Nina come to sit down at the bar. Zacky nudged me and I nodded. He knew that Nina was my friend, I could tell he was wondering what the hell she was wearing. Nina’s style is similar to mine, but her mother prefers her to dress like a lady; constantly in dresses and heels- poor Nina. Right now, Nina is in a bright pink dress with black roses on it, it covered her chest and flowed out at the hips and ended at the knees. I could tell that her mother would approve. I walked over to her, smirking, and said loudly, so she could here, “You stand out in here with that dress.”
“Haha very funny,” she said and I smiled. I relaxed against the counter and asked, “So, what are you doing?” She looked very frustrated, “I just went and had dinner with my parents, where my mother tried to get me a job interview at the new hotel, and she tried to get me to go on a date with this bank person,” she said, ranting away.
“Why would she get you a new job at the hotel when you have a job?” I asked, puzzled.
“Remember, I told you my work is closing down because of that new hotel,” she said. Oh, right! I nodded my head, understanding.
“That sucks aye, and she tried to get you a job there, how rude!” I said. Nina nodded in agreement.
“She would have tried to get me one as a maid too, stuff that.” She said. I laughed. Nina continued to talk about her job, when Matt walked up to me. Nina phased out mid-sentence. I was amused by her actions, because it was just typical of us two to do that.
“Aren’t you suppose to be working Arianne?” Matt said. I smiled angelic-like. “I’m suppose to, but I was too busy talking to my friend Nina.” I said. Matt rolled his eyes and begun walking away as he told me to get back to work. I rolled my eyes and something clicked. I don’t know why I didn’t think about it before, but Matt is looking for someone to work here, and Nina needs a new job. How perfect would it be to work with your best friend? Amazing! I quickly told a phased-out Nina that I would be back and rushed off after Matt.
“Matt! Matt!” I yelled after him. Matt turned around.
“No offence Arianne, but I hope this is important because I have a lot of business to do.” I rolled my eyes.
“I don’t see how owning a bar can produce a lot of business for someone but whatever, Nina needs a job so I thought she would be perfect!” I said. Matt blinked a few times and shook his head, “She wouldn’t fit in, look at her.” I gasped at him, “Wow, Matt. Very judgmental. There is a lot more to a person than their clothes and how they look. She worked in a hotel as a barmaid for awhile, at least go talk to her.” I said, snapping. Matt sighed and nodded. “Alright, fine,” he said and walked off to meet Nina. I nodded in triumph. I watched from the distance as they shook hands and Nina looked over at me, I gave her a thumbs up and smiled as Matt escorted her to the office… That sounds a bit kinky. I shrugged it off, and then heard a familiar voice call my name as my stomach forms butterflies. I looked behind me and Brian is calling me over.

“There’s a guy here for you,” he said, a bit too rudely. I frowned at him and then continued to frown, trying to work out; one why he was being rude and two who this ‘guy’ was. It didn’t cross my mind that it would be Daniel. But, there he was, Daniel, standing there with a bright smile on his face. I rolled my eyes.
“So you found me,” I said.
“That’s right!” Daniel said, so happy that he succeeded.
“Now I am going to come in here every weekend,” he added. I laughed and shook my head, I totally can get you kicked out. He pulled a sad puppy-dog eyed look before laughing it off. I shrugged my shoulders and his playfulness and served him up a drink. Daniel and I talked for a little while, and the whole time I could feel Brian staring at us, but when Daniel mentioned something, I acted surprised. Daniel decided to go home and do some studying for tomorrow’s classes.

When Nina came back up to me, I was too distracted about the way that Brian was acting to recognize what she was on about when she said, “Thank you so much.”
“For what?” I asked, she was beaming so much that she didn’t notice how distracted I was. I preferred it that way.
“I got a job trail here because of you!” She told me. I smiled at her.
“You’re welcome, anyways, think how cool it will be to work together!” I said.
“That would be awesome,” she said grinning, “I better get going home, I’ll either see you in the morning or when you get home, if I’m still up,” she added. I nodded and said see you then.
Nina left and I went back to actually doing my job. Zacky noticed the change in attitude from Brian and from me and he did question us both, but did not probe when we both said it was nothing. The rest of the night went on smoothly, and I was so exhausted when I got home that I crashed. I knew that this time my mixed emotions will carry on over to tomorrow, and Daniel will have a lot to say about Brian’s actions. Yay…
♠ ♠ ♠
Image


Outfits:
Arianne - Day
Arianne - Work

Yay! So this is my first chapter for the story!
Woo~
I tried really hard to make sure it was perfect, so hopefully it is.
It's Tegan's birthday today so this is one of my presents to her ;D
Happy Birthday woman! :D

So, um, make sure you comment and enjoy the story. More will come soon.

BTW: This is Daniel.

I'll leave you with that image. Teheh.

- Tiahne! xx