Status: next prompt as the sequel

It's 2 O'clock and I'm Waiting Up Alone

It's 2 O'clock and I'm Waiting Up Alone

Alex had been happy all day and now, he was still smiling like a fool. Last night, Matt had told him that he’d take him on a date today and Alex was definitely excited. It wasn’t the first time but Alex was just happy about it. He kept glancing at the clock, watching the minutes go by way too slowly for him. When he saw what time he was, this time, he decided to start getting ready. It was 1:30 so he had a little less than half an hour to get ready as Matt was always a little early. He turned off the TV and sprinted up the stairs to his room, trying to decide what to wear. He didn’t know what kind of date it was so he didn’t know how he should dress. After a few minutes of looking through his clothes, he decided to wear a blue button-up shirt and black skinny jeans. If he felt like he wasn’t dressed appropriately, he’d just change when Matt would arrive. He then walked to the bathroom, trying to perfectly style his short blond hair. When he was satisfied, he went back downstairs, smiling uncontrollably. He looked at the clock, his smile only growing when he saw that it was 1:54. He quickly checked his cellphone and saw that Matt had texted him 10 minutes ago. He unlocked his cellphone to see the whole message.

‘I’m on my way. Can’t wait to see you baby, I love you.’ The message read.

Alex smiled brightly, putting his cellphone in his jeans pocket. He looked out the window, hoping that Matt would already be there but he wasn’t. The older boy lived 10 minutes away so he should be there soon. Alex stayed there for a little longer, gazing out of the window. He sighed, turning around to look at the clock, his smile fading when he saw that it was 2:03. Matt said he’d be there at two o’clock. He was never late. Maybe something had happened. So Alex waited a little longer. When he looked back at the clock, almost ten minutes later, to say that he was worried was an understatement. He decided to send a text to Matt to ask him if he was alright. A few seconds later, Matt called back but when Alex answered, the voice on the other end was not his boyfriend’s.

“Are you Alexander Grieco?” The unknown voice asked.

“Yes.” Alex answered hesitantly, even more worried now.

“Are you related to Matthew Flyzik?” The man asked.

“Well, I’m his boyfriend.” Alex said, his voice slightly shaking from fear.

“Can you come to the hospital right now? Mr. Flyzik has been in a car accident and he unconscious at the moment.”

“Oh my God! Yes, I’ll be here in just a few minutes.” Alex said, rushing to grab his keys.

He quickly got to the hospital, running to the reception desk.

“My boyfriend has just been transported here.” Alex said, panicked and stumbling over his words.

“Yes, what’s his name?” The lady behind the desk asked nicely.

“Matthew Flyzik.” Alex replied, trying to stay calm.

The lady typed a few things in her computer and finally looked back to him. “He has just been transferred to a room. It’s number 243.”

“Thank you.” Alex said, running off to find the room.

When he finally got there, a doctor exited the room. “Are you here for Mr. Flyzik?” He asked.

“Yes. Can I go see him? Will he be okay?” Alex asked, immediately expecting the worse.

“Yes. He just woke up and he’s been really lucky. I’ll leave you alone with him now.” He said, walking away.

Alex rushed to the door but stopped with his hand on the handle. He took a deep breath and opened the door, finally walking in. He was relieved to see that Matt didn’t seem too bad.

“I’m sorry.” Matt said as soon as he saw the younger boy.

“What?! It’s not your fault Matt. I’m just really glad that you’re still alive.” Alex said, rushing to the bed.

“The doctor said I’m lucky that I only have a broken arm. This accident could’ve killed me.” Matt said, motioning to his left arm that was now in a cast.

“But how did it happen?” The younger boy asked, taking Matt’s right hand in both of his and looking up at him.

“I’m not exactly sure. I think a guy ran a red light and he just crashed right into the side of my car. At least, that’s what I understood. I passed out almost as soon as it happened.” The older boy said, still trying to process the event in his head.

“God, I’m just so happy that you’re alive.” Alex said, carefully sitting on the bed next to Matt and hugging him. “I was getting really worried because you were late. I mean, you’re never late.” Matt opened his mouth to say something but Alex cut him off before he even had the chance to say a word, knowing exactly what the older boy would say. “Don’t you even dare say that you’re sorry. It’s not your fault and you know it just as well as me.”

Matt pouted slightly and Alex rolled his eyes. “I love you. Stop pouting now.” The younger said, kissing the pout on his boyfriend’s lips.

“I love you too. As soon as I get out of here, I’m taking you out for real.” Matt said, smiling softly at the younger boy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Simple Plan - Your Love is a Lie (Even though the song has no link with this, this line seemed like a good title.)
So, I had planned to kill Matt but I couldn't bring myself to do it... I ended it happy instead of sad so it's not exactly what I had planned but whatever... I guess it's not too bad... I hope you like it.