Status: On hold right now, please bare with me.

You Can't Fight the Devil Within

Two

It had been 82 years since I had been turned into a vampire, 25 years since I left Beacon hills. Now I was on my way back to the one place I had run from, When I had last saw Derek he was nothing but a young boy who had just killed his girlfriend. He had changed because of that and I feared that I would now be met with an evil Alpha or just an asshole in general.

I pulled my car off the main road from town and onto the dirt path leading to the Hale house, I honestly couldn't wait to see the hale family. To see how much Derek as grown and to see him mother, she was one of the most caring people that I have ever met. If it wasn't for her then I would have forgotten love and compassion.

I pulled the car to a stop and stared at the house in front of my very own eyes, it wasn't the house I left 25 years ago. This house was burnt and smelled like death, a lot of death. I got out of my car and walked closer to the house, the thoughts of what could have happened ran through my head. But I was snapped to when I heard someone walking towards me.

"Miss, you can't be here." I turned and saw a younger officer walking closer to me, I could smell the cologne on his shirt and the shampoo he used this morning.

"What happened? Did any of the Hales survive?" The young cop walked closer to me and took a good look at me.

"Did you know them?"

I looked at the house and nodded.

"How many survived?" I looked back at the cop.

"Two. Derek hale and Peter hale." I nodded and turned to walk back to my car but stopped when I heard him whisper something.

"None of them should have died." I lowered my head and got into my car.

I sat staring at the house from my car, the officer had left to search the area and the silence was killing me. I could feel the pain in my chest, everyone I loved and cared about in that house died except two of them and I had no idea where they were. Did they still live in Beacon hills or did they move? I rubbed my face and turned the car towards the city.

I walked through the woods of Beacon hills, I was a mess and turned my humanity off a long time ago. I had been running for years from the man that created me, even though he was dead he seemed to still follow me. I sat down on the ground against a tree, the moon was high and full in the sky. It was so beautiful for some reason tonight, I felt weak from the lack of blood; it had been weeks since I could feed. These people were following every little movement that I made.

I closed my eyes and listened to everything around me, I heard the howl of wolves, I heard the chips of birds and hoots of owls. It was so relaxing, When I opened my eyes my breath caught in my throat and I bit my bottom lip. A thick black wolf was sitting in front of me staring at me with gold eyes, she was waiting for me to make a move but I was to weak to run and to tired to fight.

"I bring no harm, I am just passing through." I closed my eyes once more and felt the exhaustion flow over my body, i had never went this long with a feeding but I couldn't let them kill me. When my eyes opened once more the wolf was now a woman and there was a young man standing next to her.

"Bring her, she needs to be fed." The man nodded and lifted me off the ground and into his arms, my head rest on his chest and sleep took over.

When I had woken up it was morning and I was in a bedroom, it was the mans room from last night. I could smell his scent everywhere, slowly I pulled myself from the bed and looked around; I felt energetic. I felt like I had the best sleep of my life and I had been fed as well, Slowly I walked out of the room, down the hall and ended up in the living room.

There I was met with a pack, a pack of wolves just staring at me.

"Hi." I waved softly and leaned against the wall frame, the man from last night walked over to me and smiled.

"Are you feeling better?" His voice was soft and welcoming.

"Yes thank you." I watched as he walked back into the room with the rest of his family, a few minutes later the woman walked in and took a seat.

"Come dear, come sit with us. You are welcomed here." Her voice was so powerful and drawing, I slowly walked into the room and sat in one of the closest seat to me. "How long have you been a vampire?" if my heart was still beating, it would have been in my throat.

"57 years, I have been on the run for a while. The man who made me is out to unmake me." I folded my hands on my lap and looked at her, never breaking eye contact.

She pointed around this room.

"My son Derek, my Daughter Cora, my other daughter Laura and my brother Peter. We are the Hale family, you are alone. Why don't you stay with us?" I looked at everyone she pointed at, they were all watching me expecting an answer. I had a better chance living here then I did on my own, I wouldn't kill and I would be in control of my monster self.

"Alright." Even with my humanity off, I still knew to be nice and accept an offer.