Sleeping With Giants

part three

John graduates in the beginning of June. His mom cries. A lot. John tries reminding her that graduating high school is a happy thing but it falls on deaf ears. He figures she's just extremely glad that he made it through four years of being very intricately involved in a werewolf pack and is still alive and very human. He won't ruin it for her by telling her he has asked Alex about a dozen times now to bite him. He’s also been denied about a dozen times. Not the point.

Alex doesn't cry, but he does look pretty proud of the fact that two pack members plus their honorary human pet, who happens to be his boyfriend, made it through high school. He doesn't take his hands off of John for a second once the graduation is over, but he does agree to pose for pictures for John's mom to send off to God knows who living God knows where.

"We'll go out to dinner tomorrow night," his mom tells him when they get home. She starts gathering all her things for work and John just shrugs, tells her that's fine, and tugs Alex upstairs to his bedroom so he can start his plan: Operation Have Sex With Alex.

It's not a very creative name. But he likes it. It's very to the point.

"I am proud of you, you know that?" Alex asks him once John locks his bedroom door behind them.

"Yeah, yeah, I know," John answers, shrugging out of his jacket and then unbuttoning his shirt. Alex is watching him, sitting on his bed and looking a little bit amused. Or maybe turned on. John hopes it's the latter.

"Why are you getting naked?" Alex asks, watching John drop his pants right in front of him. "Not that I'm complaining - it's a nice view - but seriously. Keep your clothes on."

John whines, (childish, yes he's aware) and slips his fingers under the waistband of his boxers. "I want to-"

"I am not having sex with you, John. Stop stripping and come lay down."

"But I really, really want you to-"

"And I will. On your birthday. In August. Like I promised. But it's not your birthday, so keep your underage body clothed and get in bed."

John pouts, hating the fact that his plan was practically destroyed within two minutes of being put into action. But he does as asked, because Alex is using his Alpha voice and John would like to at least cuddle with his boyfriend practically naked. He doesn't want Alex taking away any privileges.

"This is much better than sex," Alex tells him, wrapping his arms around John as soon as he lies down. He presses his nose into John's hair and sighs contently.

"I wouldn't know, considering-"

"Stop before you regret it," Alex mumbles. And fine. Clearly John needs a better plan. A fool proof one.

- - -


John tries again not even a full week later. He's been helping Kennedy and Zack slowly move into the pack house. They have a lot of stuff so it's not exactly an easy job. Zack has all of his stupid weights and exercise equipment and Kennedy has boxes and boxes of comic books (which is actually very impressive and John can't wait to look through them) and Alex doesn't exactly offer much help. Martin does, but he mostly just helps so he can look at Zack's ass and say suggestive things. It would actually be more preferable if he wasn't helping. But John will never say that.

By the time Kennedy's stuff is all in his new room, John escapes before he's asked to help unpack. He won't admit it, but seeing Kennedy and Zack move in while he's still living at home and there are clearly no plans to move him in as well kind of sucks. So he stomps down the stairs to the second floor to Alex's bedroom, where he knows the alpha has been hiding it while pretending to do work while actually watching The Real Housewives of New Jersey.

"You're in a miserable mood," Alex says before John even has both feet in the room. "What, you didn't enjoy helping Kennedy carry heavy boxes up and down stairs?"

John just glares at him where he’s sitting at his desk and flops down on the unmade bed. He didn't even get to sleep here last night. His mom is not a fan of him staying out so often so he actually has to go home most nights out of the week. And it sucks, because now that he and Alex are an actual thing, all he wants is to sleep with him and spend as much time near him as possible. Plus, not to mention, if he got to spend more nights here he would totally be able to convince Alex to sleep with him much faster. It's a fact.

"Aw, don't be so miserable," Alex teases, and John feels the bed dip. "You know I hate it when you're upset."

"I'm not upset," John snaps, and he feels bad about it right after he says it. Because it's not Alex's fault that he's all pissed about not being a werewolf and not having a place in this house and just being the stupid human along for the ride.

He knows that Alex knows he's lying. He always knows. Claims it's because he can hear his heart beat faster when he lies or his heart skips a beat or something. And it sucks. Because now John can never lie about anything ever. He feels Alex come up next to him, but he doesn't touch him. "What happened?" He asks.

"It's nothing important," John promises, rolling over to face Alex. "However, it's pretty upsetting that I haven't kissed you at all today."

Alex smiles, deciding that whatever is bothering John must not be a big deal, and shifts closer to him, throwing one leg over his body so he's on top. "You're sleeping here tonight," he says before leaning down and going right for John's neck. He pushes the collar of his shirt out of the way, kissing his collarbones and then pressing his nose behind his ear.

"I'm gonna have a hard time convincing my mom to let me. You know, I'm going to have to tell her I'm dating you eventually."

"Not yet. After your birthday."

John hums, let's his fingers tangle in the back of Alex's hair. "Yeah, wouldn't want my mom getting all worried about my virtue and you being an old man - ow! You bit me!"

Alex looks up at him, grinning ear to ear, "I nipped you. Because you called me old. Don't be a brat."

"You used your canines! You freak!"

It didn't hurt that much. He's just bitching just to have something to complain about. Because Alex will bite him, but he won't bite him. And that's annoying.

Alex pins his hands on the mattress above his head, "Do you ever stop talking?"

John tries to respond but Alex shuts him up, leans down and kisses him and John figures this is as good a time as any to put his plan back into action. He kisses Alex back, squeezes Alex's hands every time Alex swipes his tongue across his lower lip. John isn't the most experienced when it comes to this (not experienced at all at anything, actually, but that isn't the point) so he's not sure what he can do from this position to try and convince his boyfriend that yes, now is the perfect time to fuck him. But Alex ends up making it easy for him, sitting up after a few minutes of making out and pulling off his t-shirt.

John takes advantage, sitting up as well and pulling off his own shirt and trying to flip them over so Alex is on his back and John can get this going. He's only ever gotten Alex this naked once before and that was an accident that involved paint and a hose. But Alex just laughs at him, pushes him back down on the bed. "What's the rush?" He asks, leaning down and kissing his way across John's collarbones, all the way to his shoulder. He sucks a bruise where he knows that John's shirts will cover it and John squirms underneath him, trying to get some kind of friction going.

"Stop it," Alex mumbles, hands moving to instead pin his hips down. "You are unbelievable."

"I don't know what you mean," John gasps, reaching up and running his nails along Alex's back. "Don't distract me and keep kissing me-"

"I think we're done here," Alex smirks, climbing off of John, "Let's go see a movie."

"Noooo," John whines, throwing his head back, completely exasperated now. "You can't do this!"

Alex laughs and pulls his shirt back on and John deflates completely. Shirt on equals no more fun.

"Why do you hate me?"

"I'm pretty sure you are fully aware of how much I don't hate you. However, you're a seventeen year old boy-"

"Yes, we've established that."

"And I'm twenty-five. I'm a lot better at controlling myself than you are."

"Exactly! So fuck me and get it over with so I can get better-"

"Why don't you just keep practicing? We've got a long way to go until August."

He tosses John his t-shirt and winks at him before heading out into the hallway. John just lays there. Because life is clearly unfair and Alex clearly only exists to spite him.

- - -


John decides he clearly does not have enough knowledge about sex to convince Alex to do it with him. He has literally no sexual experience – unless he counts his hand, which he doesn’t – and if he’s going to get what he wants, he needs advice. So he goes to Matt. Because Matt is nice and John can trust him with something like this. He won’t tell Alex.

“I have something I need advice on,” he says a few days after the most recent incident. He stands in Matt’s doorway, watches as Matt nods and invites him inside. “It’s about Alex.”

“Okay? What’d he do?” Matt asks, sounding concerned, “Did he do something?”

No, and that’s exactly the problem!”

Matt frowns. “I’m…not sure I understand. What are you talking about?”

“Alex won’t have sex with me because-”

“Oh my God. No. No. Get out,” Matt is up from his bed in record timing, hands pushing at John’s back to get him out of his room “I am not giving you advice on how to have sex with my Alpha. NO.”

The door slams at his back before John can even try to argue his case, which is totally unfair. He’s pack, isn’t he? They’re supposed to listen to him and help him out! And this is important!

Matt calls from the other side of the door, “Go do something age appropriate and never try to talk to me about sex again!”

Okay. So Matt is definitely out. But hey – Martin is home. So John figures he’s the next best thing. He heads upstairs where he knows Martin is in his room doing his usual workout routine. Zack has told him about it plenty of times before - with hearts in his eyes, and John’s pretty sure he was drooling too - but John didn’t care enough to remember. So he hopes he’s not interrupting anything serious when he knocks on his door at the end of the third floor hallway.

Martin answers shirtless. John can easily admit it – Martin is hot. And he’s got the body to match. And the tattoos. He tries to remind himself that staring too long would be inappropriate.

“What do you want?” He asks, leaning against his doorframe, “I’m sure it can wait-”

“I tried to ask Matt for advice about something but he kicked me out of his room before I could even explain why. So I’m coming to you instead. And now that I think about it, I should have come to you first anyway. You’re probably much more experienced with what I need help with.”

John figures a little bit of exaggeration and ego boosting never hurt anyone. And he really needs this advice. Martin seems to take him seriously, shrugging his shoulders and stepping aside to let him into his room.

“Okay. Fine. But make it fast. You interrupted me halfway through my pushups.”

“How many have you done?” John asks, just to be polite, as he sits down on the edge of Martin’s bed. He tries not to take up much space. God only knows what he and Zack have done in it. Which is why he’s here. So really. He should stop thinking so much.

“A hundred. Now talk. What do you need help with? Is it Alex? Did he do something?”

The immediate concern is appreciated. But not the problem right now. “No. And that’s what I need help with. How do I convince Alex that waiting until I’m eighteen to fuck me is a stupid idea?”

At first he thinks Martin is going to laugh at him. His lips twist into a smile as he stares at John in disbelief. But then he composes himself, biting his lip to keep himself from laughing. John appreciates that. How nice.

“You want me to tell you how to get Alex to fuck you?”

“Well. Yes.”

“That’s…interesting. You realize that Alex is my Alpha, in a much more literal way than he’s your Alpha, and I really can’t do anything to go against him, right? So if he doesn’t want to fuck you, I really shouldn’t help you.”

“I know and I don’t want you to go against Alex. I’m just asking you for some very simple advice. How to effectively convince someone that-”

“I’m not exactly a sex expert, John.”

“I didn’t say you were. But you and Zack have sex – and don’t even try to deny it because you don’t even have the decency to keep quiet – and Zack is only a month older than I am. So why can you fuck him when he’s underage and yet Alex-”

“I don’t know, man,” Martin laughs, finally letting on to just how amusing he’s finding this conversation. “Dude, that’s all Alex. He’s the one who’s all concerned about the legality of things. I couldn’t care less.”

“But-”

“John, go watch some porn. Accept the fact that you’re not getting laid until August 4th. And don’t watch the shitty porn. Like, find some quality porn. There’s not even a month left. So just chill.”

He nudges John towards the door and once again, John is leaving without any helpful advice at all. “You aren’t helping me at all,” he complains as Martin shoves him out into the hallway. “Don’t you have a heart?”

“Shut up and go do something age appropriate, like laser tag or paintball, and stop thinking about sex all the damn time.”

John scowls as the door is slammed shut, just barely missing his fingers. Martin didn't help him at all. He already watches porn. He watches a lot all thanks to Alex not putting out. So that suggestion is useless. He starts to head back downstairs, maybe to find Sierra to convince her to give some advice, but then he stops. Because actually, maybe the porn suggestion isn't an awful idea.

It's not until later the next day, after grabbing lunch with his mom at a restaurant near the hospital that he puts his idea to work. He pulls up all his usual porn sites, finding a few of his favorites along with some other ones, and opens a new email to Alex. He copies the links, pastes them into the email, gives the email an inconspicuous subject, and clicks send. It's childish, yes. Does John care at this point? Not really.

He plays Xbox for a while, considers going to see if Kennedy wants to see a movie or something, but ultimately decides he's too lazy and also too poor. He should probably start looking for a job. His mom would totally be impressed by that. Maybe he can work at the bowling alley. Nobody ever goes there except for old ladies on Wednesdays for their group bowling tournaments. He wouldn't have to put much effort into that job. Or maybe he can apply to the ice cream shop in town. He wonders of he'd be allowed unlimited free samples - wait. There's somebody running up the steps. His mom doesn't come home until six.

Alex slams open his bedroom door and John can only sit there, mouth open and eyebrows raised in shock. He's pretty sure the door handle made a hole in the wall. He's so dead. So, so, so dead.

"What is wrong with you?" Alex demands, stepping into the bedroom. He crosses his arms over his chest and John takes five seconds to appreciate how nice Alex looks in a suit. "Did you seriously send me five links to porn websites?"

Ah. That's the problem. "I don't know what you're talking about. Maybe my email has a virus-"

"It doesn't."

"Um...well then yes-"

John's not sure why this requires Alex to come all the way here when he should be at his family's company working, considering that's his job (Alex has no relationship with his family so he’s not quite sure how that all works out). Alex looks pissed though. Scratch that - furious. Like he wants to wring John's neck for this.

"Do you realize," he says slowly, loosening his tie as he walks forward. He's going to kill John. Make it look like a suicide. John shrinks down in his computer chair, wonders if making a run for it would make his death a little faster. "Do you realize that I work with professionals? That I myself am a professional? And that opening an email from my underage boyfriend with links to porn would probably look very bad?"

John swallows hard. "I uh. Did not consider that, no. But-"

"What did you think that was going to accomplish?" Alex continues, dropping his tie on the ground and starting on the buttons of his shirt. "That I would click on these links, see some amateur porn and think 'wow, this really makes me want to fuck my boyfriend'?"

"That crossed my mind. Yes."

John watches as Alex laughs and pulls off the suit jacket. He lays it across John's desk carefully before going back to unbuttoning his shirt. He makes quick work of it, slipping the buttons through the holes and John is amazed at how easy it is for him. John would be flustered and stumbling over himself (he practically already is just at watching Alex unbutton a shirt). He slips out of it once he gets it untucked, lays it on the desk as well, and starts working on his belt.

"You ruined my lunch break," Alex tells him, smirking as he watches John fall apart in front of him. "I have to come here, punish my boyfriend for being stupid, instead of enjoying my hour long break while drinking coffee and eating this awesome salad I got at the deli. Don't you feel bad?"

John doesn't think he could speak even if he wanted to. He shakes his head quickly, because no he totally doesn't feel bad at all. His heart is pounding just watching Alex strip in front of him and he's hard already. He moves to take off his sweatpants but Alex stops him.

"You just sit there," he says, now with his belt on the floor with his tie as he pushes his pants down his legs. Alex has nice legs, John decides. He's never seen Alex with so few clothes. "I have to punish you."

He walks closer and pushes John so his back is straight in the chair and he slides into John's lap, somehow making it work even with the arms of the computer chair.

"You're going to kill me," John tells him, hands right on the edges of the chair as he tries his best to not just reach out and touch. "Is that your plan? Kill me-"

"Of course not baby," Alex laughs, both hands cupping his face. "You're just an idiot." He kisses him, soft and barely there at all and John whines in the back of his throat, thrusts his hips up to get some contact. He's so hard it hurts and he swears if he doesn't get off in the next thirty seconds he might actually cry. Or die. Or both. And he totally won't even be embarrassed if he cries. Alex is sitting in his lap in his bedroom in his boxers and all John wants to do is slide his hand underneath the waistband and-

Alex pulls away just enough to press his nose into his neck and John thinks okay, if Alex wants to scent him first, fine. He'll deal. But then Alex is whispering, "You just keep watching all that porn. Because that's all the action you're getting until August."

And then he's just gone. Out of John's lap in record time and he does it so gracefully and doesn't fall over any of the clothes littering John's floor. He smirks at him as he starts redressing and John covers his face with his hands. He's so hard and so turned on and all he wants is Alex's hands on him. But yet again, his plan has completely backfired.

"Don't be so miserable," Alex tells him with a laugh, starting to re-button his shirt. "I'm sure all of those porn links you sent me will lead you to some very quality videos that you can use to get rid of that boner while I go back to work and do my job. Right?"

"I hate you," Is all John can get out. "You are the absolute worst."

"Please. You'll thank me."

"I don't think I will."

Alex, completely redressed and looking just as composed as he did when he first burst in here, leans over John, resting both hands on the arms of the chair. "Try not to jerk off too many times." He kisses him again before he leaves and John swears, next time he gets the chance, he's kneeing Alex in the balls. That'll make him regret this.

- - -


John gives up. He stops trying to come up with plans to get Alex to cave. He stops trying to push things further when they make out in bed and he stops asking why Alex won't just fuck him. He knows a lost cause when he sees one. And this is definitely one. He accepts it - Alex doesn't want to have sex with him yet - and he's moving on. The making out is nice. Good enough really. He'll take what he can get.

Alex doesn't notice at first. He just goes on as usual and John figures he's just waiting for the next attack, thinking it'll come when he least expects it. But finally, on the last weekend in June when they're in the middle of yet another one of Kennedy's baseball games, Alex brings it up.

"You know, I have to say. It's been a while since you've tried seducing me. What gives?"

He has one hand on John's knee, leaning into him and letting everyone around them know that sorry, this boy is already taken please don't touch. He squeezes his kneecap when John only gives him a shrug in response. "Have you finally decided that I'm totally right and waiting will make it even better?"

"No. I decided I should stop trying to convince someone to sleep with me who has made it obvious he has no interest."

He's dramatic. But who cares. When he doesn't get any kind of response, he sighs and figures Alex just doesn't have the heart to tell him 'yeah you're right I really have no interest in a seventeen year old virgin' and John has to resist from reminding him he doesn't have to still be a virgin but he figures a baseball field is the wrong place for that.

A few minutes pass and John tries forcing himself to pay attention to the game but it's kind of hard when Alex is gripping his knee so tightly and when Sierra keeps jumping up and down in front of him every time the team does something good (which is apparently often). She cheers for Kennedy louder than anyone else on the bleachers and John scowls. Literally everyone but him is getting laid. How is this even fair? He's the one who campaigned for it so hard. And yet here he is.

There's a break in the game during the seventh inning and Sierra finally sits down. But it seems like the moment she starts paying less attention to Kennedy, she realizes something is up with Alex because she turns to him, eyes turning gold as she asks, "What's wrong?"

John looks and - oh. Yeah. That's an issue. Alex's jaw is clenched and his eyes are red and no wonder John feels like his knee is about to pop out of place. He reaches out and puts his hand on Alex's shoulder, but it doesn't do much to calm him down. In fact, his eyes seem to get even redder and okay. Maybe John will just let Sierra handle this and -

"Nothing's wrong," Alex finally says, and it's not hard to tell that that's absolute bullshit. "John and I are leaving. Tell Kennedy we stayed for most of it."

He pulls John up from his seat and John doesn't even try to prevent it, because the last time he did that he almost dislocated his shoulder. "I want to watch the rest of the game," he tries telling him, following him down the bleachers until they reach the grass.

"Were going home," Alex snaps, "Now."

John manages to pull his hand out of Alex's grip, in a brief moment of weakness on his part, when they’re out of sight of the bleachers. "I'm not going anywhere with you when your eyes are all freaky and you're trying to go all Alpha on me."

Alex freezes, as if suddenly realizing what he's been doing and drops his head. "Right. I shouldn't...I'm sorry," he mumbles, and John isn't sure if he's imagining this right now. Because when Alex flips like this, it's usually when someone in the pack disobeys him or does something he doesn't approve of and the last thing anyone would do is talk back to him. But John is a moron. And apparently he's Alex's weakness.

"I...I didn't mean to say that," John says carefully, reaching out to take Alex's hand back in his. "Sorry."

Alex looks up again, looking worried and nervous but most importantly, no red eyes. "No you're right. I lost control and I shouldn't have treated you like that."

"It's okay, it's normal-"

"No," Alex stops him, "I never want you to think that that behavior is normal. Because I should have never snapped at you like that. You're...you're more important to me than anything and I never want to act like that around you."

John smiles, an actual real smile and he thinks it might be his first all day. His stomach flips at being called the most important thing and he thinks he might puke, and if he does he will definitely puke butterflies or kittens or something equally cute and adorable because Alex is making him feel like a middle schooler who just got asked to the dance by her crush.

"You're important to me too. Like. Most important thing ever. And I appreciate you not wanting to go all Alpha on me but I also get that it happens. I'm not afraid of you. I don't know if you think you're going to scare me off by being too aggressive but you're not. You'd have to literally tell me to fuck off and leave you alone to get rid of me."

Alex pulls him in, much more gently this time as he wraps his arms around John’s waist. He rests his chin on top of John’s head, fingers pressing against his lower back and he inhales deeply. “I’m sorry. I’m sorry if I made you think I didn’t want you, or that I didn’t care. Because I do. Want you. And care about you.”

“It’s okay. I was acting like a whiny, annoying boyfriend. You wanna wait, so I can wait.”

“I promise I’ll make it worth it,” Alex says, pulling back and looking down at John. They’re far away enough from the crowd that any normal person wouldn’t be able to overhear them. But John can still see Sierra, sitting so straight in her seat and he knows she’s trying to listen in on their conversation. He has a feeling she’s going to regret that. “I’ll make all your waiting and all your built up teenage sexual tension worth it.”

“How, exactly? I think you owe me that much.”

Alex smirks, “You’re ridiculous. You really wanna know?” He pulls John in even closer, “I can’t give away all my secrets. But how would you feel about me waking you up that morning, maybe with a blowjob? You wouldn’t last that long – and don’t even try and deny it. Maybe we could shower together. Maybe. I haven’t planned it all out yet. But trust me when I say you won’t be leaving my bed for the entire day. Maybe two days. Sound okay to you?”

John can only nod. August 4th doesn’t feel quite so far away anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please leave a comment! Comments are encouraging and make me write faster and therefore post faster and I'm sure you all want to read the next part :)