Status: Work in progress.

Inexperienced

"It’s like having sex but you're dancing instead."

“Oh my god! Jonny!”

An annoying high-pitched voice interrupted our conversation and I looked up to see the fakest girl ever.

She had blonde hair that was clearly not her natural hair color and she was wearing the tightest dress I had ever seen. She was trying to show as much cleavage as possible and it was seriously disgusting. At least she wasn’t caked in makeup.

I looked over to see Jon smile.

Wait what?

“Oh my god! I haven’t seen you in like, the longest! How are you, honey?” She grabbed his face and planted a kiss on his cheek.

Who the fuck is this bimbo?

Jon softly pushed her away and wiped the red lipstick off his face. “Hi Sophie.”

“I’ve missed you baby. I’m so glad you called!” She ran her fingers through his hair and left them on the back of his neck.

He called her? What the fuck was going on?

Jon looked nervously over at me.

“Uh…yea. No problem.” He gently pulled her arm away and she glanced around the table, resting her eyes on me.

“Oh…who’s that?” She narrowed her eyes at me and I crossed my arms over my chest.

“Uh, Sophie, this is Karen. She’s a friend.” Jon refused to look at me now.

Everyone was glancing between Sophie and I.

“Um… Hi,” I stood up and shook her hand.

“Are you and Brando going out?” She relaxed next to Jon’s side and looked over at Brandon.

“My name is Brandon, not Brando. And no, we’re just friends.”

Brandon looked annoyed as well as everyone else at the table.

“Oh what a shame. I’d figured you’d at least have a girl by now.” She sneered and looked away.

Everyone looked kind of pissed. Did they know her?

“Anyway, long time no see boys,” her eyes lingered on Shawzy and Kris.
So I guess they did know her.

“So are you a friend of Tazer?” I asked, praying she wasn’t who I though she was.

She smirked and ran her hand down his thigh.

“Yea, I guess you can say that.”

Jon looked down.

“Oh…”

That was all I could manage to say. I couldn’t believe this was actually happening.

Obviously the guys had it all wrong.

He definitely didn’t feel the same way.

Now I feel stupid for coming and getting my hopes up.

You see, this is why I refuse to have a relationship with a guy from work.

Fuck this.

“Alright. I wanna dance!” I got up and looked all the guys besides Jon. “Anyone wanna join me?”

Before they could respond, we heard the DJ talk into the mic and introduce himself. “Alright, since tonight is Latin Night, I want to dedicate this next song to all those fine Latinas here tonight. This ones for you.”

“Ugh. Great. I don’t want to dance to this crappy music,” Sophie’s annoying voice said.

Oh hell no.

This bitch is not about to insult my music.

I scoffed, “Like you can actually dance to this “crappy” music.” I turned to stare at her and everyone at the table including Tazer chuckled. “No ones forcing you to stay here either.”

I really couldn’t deal with this tonight. I was here to have fun and shit, I wasn’t going to let anything get in my way.

Right then I heard my favorite song start playing.

“Guys! I love this song! Come on! Who wants to dance?” I looked at the guys and they sat there uncertain.

“I don’t know how to dance to this kind of music.” Kaner said and the other guys agreed.

I rolled my eyes and tried getting Pat to come with me. “It’s real easy, all you do is move your hips and grind. I’m pretty sure you know how to do that Kaner,” I smirked.

Before he could say anything, I felt a hand on my arm. Looking up, I saw an incredibly cute guy standing next to me.

“Wanna dance?” He smiled down at me and it took my breath away.

“Fuck yes. Let’s go.”

I turned around and winked at the guys who sat there, shaking their heads in amusement. Sophie just glared at us.

Bitch.

We made out way to the dance floor and the guy pulled me closer to him. I didn’t mind since this is usually how you dance to this kind of music.

He brought my arms up to his neck and laid his hands on my lower back. Our hips swayed from side to side in sync with the beat.

He smelled incredibly good.

“Your boyfriends keep glaring at me,” he said into my ear.

I looked back at the table and sure enough all the guys were giving him the death stare.

Laughing, I shook my head and looked up at him. “Don’t worry about them.” He smiled down at me and we continued to dance.

After a couple of songs, I went back to the table to get something to drink.

“I don’t think I like him.” Kaner said once I got back.

“You don’t like anyone that takes a second look at me Kaner.” I ruffle his hair and took a swig from my water bottle.

“That’s cause you’re mine.” He winked at me and pulled me closer to him. “Damn. I think I wanna dance with you now.” Kaner stood up and pulled me towards the dance floor.

Laughing, I pulled myself closer to him and we started dancing. He was a little stiff at first but after a while, he got the hang of it.

“There you go, just like that,” I said smiling.

“Wow, it’s like having sex but you're dancing instead.” He laughed when I not-so-gently smacked his arm.

Pretty soon Shawzy joined us and I was sandwiched in between them.

Shawzy wasn’t bad at all. I turned around and put my arms round his neck, getting really into the music. I swayed my hips from side to side and grinded deeper into him.

He seemed to like that apparently because I started to feel something hard against my thigh.

I laughed and lightly shoved him.

“Watch it Shawzy. Calm your little buddy down there.” I yelled over the music.

He laughed and shook his head. “Sorry babe, I can’t really control that. Especially when you’re this close to me and you’re dancing like that.”

I nodded understandingly and took a small step back so I wasn’t too close to him.

“No no no no no,” he said, “I don’t think so.” And he pulled me back to him, much more closer than before.

I laughed and turned away to hide my blush.

Patrick went back to the table shortly after and it was just Andrew and I dancing.

I looked behind Andrew and my heart dropped.

Right behind us were Sophie and Tazer. And little Miss Sunshine was practically dancing on top of him.

They both turned and smirked at me.

“You’re right. This music isn’t that bad.” She smiled and continued to grind on Jon.

And by the looks of it, he was enjoying it.