Status: 2 Shot

Caught

2

Sidney sat in the locker room waiting. He was on deck for the press to talk to him and he was dreading it in more ways than one. the team had just lost a crucial game to gain home ice advantage in the playoffs and he had just been photographed with Molly at some club a couple nights ago. While it had been a team outing and one of many they had all made together, it was the first time the two of them had been caught hand in hand with one another.

The team had just gotten used to the fact that Sidney had a girlfriend that they all knew and liked, but the media was another story. Though Molly dealt with them on a regular basis, she had taken a step back with her job and stopped dealing with Sidney and focused on the team as a whole or certain other players who needed her attention. Sidney’s handling had been moved onto Molly’s protégé, Daryl.

“Sid, we know tonight was a big lose, but does it really hur the team in the long run?”

“No,” he shook his head, “I think we’re still good. We’re getting the injured guys back and we have to take it easy. No one wants to get hurt this close to the playoffs and as much as it sucks to lose, we have to keep our eyes on the real prize.”

A couple other questions were asked about the game and he answered with his usual post-game demeanor. He was hoping everything Molly related had been avoided, but then his bubble was burst when the one female reporter in the group cleared her throat and asked loud and proud, “Who was the girl you were photographed with the other night at some club? Is she the real reason for you playing so poorly tonight?”

That last part hurt him to the core. For anyone to think that Molly would be the cause of his game suffering was insane. She had been with him for a year and…no one knew that that last year was pretty high up there in his career in terms of highlights and she was there for every single one.

“Her name is Molly and no she has nothing to do with my hockey performance.”

Some of the reporters chuckled at the sound of protectiveness in his voice, a couple seemed put off by it, but his teammates all laughed loudly, “She definitely keeps him on his toes! Don’t have to worry about his game suffering,” Tanner Glass yelled.

That made more reporters laugh and even Sidney cracked a smile, “It’s true, I would fall for the one Flyers’ fan in Pittsburgh.”

He didn’t know it, but Molly had been standing outside the opened door, making sure that everything went okay for her boyfriend.

Boyfriend. that was a term Molly wasn’t sure about just yet. Yes, she liked Sidney, maybe even fell in love with him at some point, but the idea of a relationship was still foreign to her. looking back, yes they had basically been in a relationship for a while, but the idea of putting a label on what they were still shocked and awed her.

All of her loyalties had been challenged the second she started having feelings for Sidney Crosby.
Being a Philadelphia Flyers’ fan had made her hate Sidney, but getting t know him made her like him
as a person. As time passed, she really started to like him and really started to enjoy watching him on the ice and even rooted for him in the shadows of the press box. Now, she was all but a crazy fan girl when it came to Sid the Kid, even wearing his jersey in the privacy of her own home when they were on the road.

Now her loyalties lied elsewhere and her fandom leaned closer to the Pittsburgh side of the rivalry. She worried about him rather than the Flyers’ chances of making the playoffs, she cringed when he took a hard hit or got into a little scrum on the ice instead of watching Philadelphia on her phone while at the Pens’ games, and even now she fidgeted outside the locker room doors hoping they could do this a semi normal way and without conflict.

The media filtered out of the locker room and Molly made her way to a secluded are of the family room to wait for Sidney. It’s not that she didn’t want to be bothered with the rest of the families, she was just anxious and didn’t feel like she could form complete sentences if she was spoken to.

She played a game on her phone for a while before she felt him approach her. his confident, demanding footsteps made her look up, “There you are,” he offered her a smile and a hand to help her stand from her seat.

“Here I am,” hse smiled back.

“No jersey?” he asked.

“Left it at home.”

Sidney smiled at the fact htat she had finally listened to him and taken his advice on clothing. She
wore one of her tight, knee length skirts with a bright pink, sheer blouse. Of course she wore a
shirt underneath, she wasn’t classless or anything, just simple and beautiful. Her long blonde hair
was curled in loose curls and pulled back into a high ponytail, “You look great either way,” he leaned
over and kissed the corner of her mouth.

“How’d it go in there?” Molly asked.

“Fine,” he gave her a reassuring smile.

“You sure?” she asked.

“Yes babe, it went as expected; a little rough, but everything was smoothed out. I’m sure you’ll see
it on TV though.”

Molly giggled, “Okay.”

“Come on, let’s go home.”

She stopped him, in front of everyone, and smiled, “Nice assist tonight,” she kissed him full on the
mouth.

Sidney pulled back with a grin on his face. there were a couple whoops around them but he just
kissed her again, “Thanks Mol, means a lot coming from my girl.”