‹ Prequel: White Roses
Status: In the process of completing

Black Roses

And They Crumble into the Dust

If only… the word “If” kept repeating in Daryl’s head. If only he could reach out to that beautiful mind-boggling woman. If only he could know what was going in that beautiful mind of hers. If only he could understand why something like him would ever love something like her. What if they had met under different circumstances? If. If. If. If. All of this uncertainty. But there was one thing that was definitely certain… Daryl was desperate. Desperate to comfort her and console her through something that seems to be new for her.

Everybody in that group knew damn well that Rose was going through radical changes. She was finally opening up. After a hard winter and setting up camp in the prison… Rose was finally warming up to the group. Daryl was afraid that Lori’s death along with the heavy burden of a newborn was going to make her even more introverted. If only he knew the right thing to say. He ran his hand through his unruly hair as he searched for the redhead. There she was… a supposedly fierce warrior that doesn’t flinch when killing people, looking at the baby clothes selection with a puzzled look on her face.

“We usually just throw all of these into a bag and we’ll figure it out when we get back.” Daryl amusingly spoke as he slowly approached the redhead. Rose’s puzzled face were gone and was replaced with her usual stony expression. Daryl exhaled slowly as he reached out to stop her hands. “Rose… you alright?”

Rose glanced down to Daryl’s hands that was enveloping hers and then met his eyes. He knew he was being ballsy. But he had to know if she was alright. Rose’s hands jerked backwards and returned to its previous task. She just needed to be left alone. The baby needed formula as soon as possible. Carl needed her. God. The group needed her. She wasn’t sure if they even knew what they were doing. Rose’s hands were in frenzy as she threw random blankets and bottles. Daryl, on the other hand, found the jackpot. Formulas.

“Rose.” Daryl called to grab her attention, pointing out the formulas. Rose gave a small appreciative nod as she approached the man that she found incredibly beguiling. His tan-green shirt with the sleeves ripped off and the crossbow slung around him made Rose’s imagination run rampant. These well chiseled arms. God, she wondered how did his back looked like. The way the gray slacks hung around his narrow hips. And best of all. His heavy…. smoldering gaze on her. Rose didn’t know what the hell was wrong with her. All this bipolarity. Her emotions were going from anguish, worry and sense of duty to carefree and well... frankly… horny. It’s been so long since she had a man to caress her.

Daryl was finding it extremely sexy that she was looking at him like that. Usually he felt uncomfortable when women looked at him for too long. But with the woman he love, he couldn’t get enough of it. The air around them became heavier and he couldn’t hold it back anymore. Before they knew it, their lips crashed together in one beautiful ecstasy. To be damned with it. No more waiting for this incredibly frustrating woman to come around. He felt her strong little body in between his arms and couldn’t deny the little twinge he felt between his legs. He’s been wanting to kiss her since the last time they kissed. That fateful first night within the prison walls.

A moan escaped Daryl’s throat as Rose’s hands ventured downwards, stopping at the hemline of his pants for a split second and continued down. Her hands lightly cupped the bulge and began to rub slowly. The pants’ thick fabric that was restraining Daryl’s desire was becoming uncomfortable as their lips continued moving together. The sound of boxes being knocked over had both of them jumping two feet away from each other. Somehow there was a lone walker that broke into the daycare. Daryl pulled his crossbow out to end the zombie’s misery and Rose quickly threw all the formulas into the bag.

“We should go,” Rose breathlessly whispered. Her lips felt raw. It was getting dark outside and she was worried about the baby. “The baby needs to be fed… beside I need to go look for T-Dog and Carol.”

Daryl struggled to calm himself down as he watched the girl slip out of the door. If it wasn’t for the bulge protesting in between his legs, he’d think that the whole thing was imagined. It was over just as quickly as it began. Out of frustration, he kicked the dead walker once or twice before pulling out his precious dart. When he exited the building and mounted on his bike, the two lovebirds did not say a word. Rose perched herself behind him after making sure that her katana and book bag was secured on her body. The bike roared to life when Rose’s arms snaked around Daryl’s waist.

Back at the prison, Daryl and Rose rushed into the cell block with the baby supplies. Rose cradled the wailing baby in her arms with a bottle and began to comfort the little girl. Daryl turned to Hershel, “How’s she doing?”

Rose walked away from the group with the baby ravenously feeding from the bottle, vaguely hearing the group discussing baby names. The baby was adorable. Little wisps of brownish blond hair protruded from her head and she had the tiniest little features. Rose smiled as the baby’s eyes fluttered open, meeting hers. “You’re a fighter, aren’t you? Yeah that’s right… keep on fighting. I’ll protect you no matter what’s the cost. You and your brother.”

“Yeah Lil’ ass kicker!” Daryl’s rumbling voice reached Rose’s ears. Laughter filled the air as the group chuckled. It was good that they were able to laugh. Rose was torn. She knew that if she continued to stay with this group… she’ll lose her identity. That scared the hell out of her. This was against everything that was ever indoctrinated to her. She had no identity of her own. Only the identity that was given to her. Yet… she was responsible for two little lives… ultimately the entire group. The group was the baby’s only chance of growing up in a loving environment. Rose didn’t know how to be loving. Hell the word “love” petrifies her.

Hershel’s unsteady gait alerted her before he appeared next to her. She turned to face the elderly man with her eyes wide open and the baby fast asleep in her arms. Hershel saw the primitive fear running its course through Rose as her eyes told it all. It was strange how Rose always portrayed herself as the strong one. The one that will be still standing in the end. Yet without that façade… she’s nothing. It was all becoming too much for Rose.

“Aurélien, give me the baby,” Hershel said in a low voice, knowing that the baby was going to sense Rose’s panic. The thin redhead shakily handed over the tiny bundle, forcing herself to breathe in and out slowly. Hershel watched as Rose kept a protective hand on the girl in his arms. Hershel sighed and smiled gently, “You can go Aurélien. Don’t let us hold you back.”

Daryl had been watching the elderly man and his lover from a distance. He couldn’t see Rose’s face because her back was to him. She gave Hershel the baby while keeping a hand on her. Carl plopped next to him, talking about a comic book that he had recently read. Daryl tore his eyes off Rose and Hershel for a split second to meet Carl’s eyes. Lil’ Ass Kicker began to wail once again and when Daryl turned his attention back onto the baby… Rose was nowhere in sight.

She… was gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry! I took a hiatus for a while. But I'm back. Its a short chapter but... it got some "naughty" scenes to make up for my long leave of absence.