Status: RATING CHANGED TO R FOR SAFETY! This story is Updated every Thursday and Friday.

Animagus Theory: The Descendants

Chapter one: The Phoenix

The von Draken’s were always ones for odd names, starting of course with their eldest daughter, Phoenix Athena. The girl in question was sitting at her desk, penning a letter to her cousin when her mother bounded into the room with a black and red hawk perched on her arm. Phoenix paused and looked up, her quill dripping a blot of purple ink onto the scroll in front of her.

“Splendid!” the girl said, her emerald eyes lighting up at the exclamation. “More quills,” she quipped with a laugh.

“Nix!” her mother protested as the bird gave a displeased squawk.

Phoenix rolled her eyes at the creature. “I was just kidding brother.”

The owl gave another squawk before flying off Carmella’s shoulder and landing on Phoenix’s bed. The grey eyed, blonde haired girl eyed the bird carefully as the feathers seemed to melt away and body seemed to stretch as the bird transformed into her brother, Heilos. “What are you writing Nixie?” he said the second he was human once more.

“A letter to Mera… Do you like your form Los?” she asked turning in her chair to better face him.

The fourth year nodded. “I cannot believe I could do it!” he cheered. “Even Haides can’t take his form yet.”

“You were born first,” Carmella reminded her son. “Come now. You’ve shown your sister. Why don’t you let her be so she can write that letter to cousin Rumera?”

Heilos pouted at Carmella. “But ma’, I want to be in here,” there was a pause as the older witch stared at her son. No words needed to be spoken. Even at the age of 11, the boy knew when it was time to not push buttons. “Okay mum,” he said a bit dejectedly with a sigh before jumping off his sister’s bed and running out the room between his mother’s legs, an evil glint in his eyes.

Phoenix shook her head at the expression, her eyes following the boy as he skittered from the room, knowing all too well what it meant. Her siblings may know when it was time to behave, but terrorizing each other never fell into that category. “Have you told him the rules mother?” Phoenix asked turning back to her mother. Phoenix was as well acquainted with any how important it was to follow the rules behind their family’s biggest secret.

She had been younger than her brothers when she originally took her first form, but hers had been accidental. It had been a learning experience for her parents and when the twins began to show signs, Phoenix and her parents monitored them very closely, hoping to prevent an accidental transformation. Her own transformation had almost broken the most important rule of all.

None were to know of the hidden talents of the von Draken children or that of the Kettigreen bloodline.

“Of course I have Phoenix. What are you writing Rumera about?”

“How her summer is going. She is at the Burrow for the remainder of break.”

Carmella nodded. “Ask her if she would like to—-“

“Mum!” A young male’s voice shouted from another room. Phoenix recognized it as her youngest brother’s voice. “Heilos is bothering me!” He shouted.

“Forget it,” Carmella muttered before slipping out of the room.

Phoenix shrugged her shoulders and went to work on finishing her letter.

“Mera,

Rumour has it that you are at the Burrow? Where was my invite cousin dearest? I know Charlie is there visiting before term starts. He sent me the owl about your arrival by the way. Asked where I was. But I guess that is beside the point. Do tell the Weasleys that I will be flying over. I’d hate to drop in unannounced… with a dragon.

~Nix”


With a shrug she rolled the scroll and attached the missive to her Falcon’s leg. The bird made a noise before taking off out Phoenix’s open window. With an evil smile of her own, the young witch headed into the bathroom, quick to ready for the day. She had a family of Gryffindors to visit.
♠ ♠ ♠
//Hello again! So this is the first chapter--technically speaking. On a side note the first couple of chapters will be on the shorter side and will get longer as the story progresses.

I really hope you enjoy this fic.!

Once again, you can follow me on twitter at @bemusedkittykat. I'll answer all questions and comments there are in the comments on this website and through twitter--if that's easier for you. I will be posting update notifications via twitter as well...

Happy Reading!
--bemusedkittykat