Status: Currently in the works.

Playing With Fire

Chapter One

Kitten hummed quietly as she pulled her dark black hood over her head. She was wandering around the castle in Volterra because she didn’t enjoy watching her father and his guards slaughter hundreds of innocent people including children. She never did hang around for feeding time in the castle she knew better. But fortunately for her there was a human that the Volturi were saving for later and she’d sent the human to go get her snacks. Sugary snacks. Because unlike the other vampires in the castle Kitten was a hybrid. Half vampire Half unknown. Only Aro knew what the other half of Kitten was and it was nothing he’d ever share in fact he’d used one of Kitten’s powers to wipe the memory from his mind so that no one would ever know not even Kitten her self knew. Kitten survived off Sugar and Blood mainly blood from small animals such as rabbits and squirrels and such, but she had a weak spot for criminals.

Having been mistreated so awfully in her human life by people she found she had a sweet tooth for those who caused harm upon others. But that was a very occasional feed for her never did she feast on the innocent. Her best friend Princess was the same way. She waited patiently for the human to come back with her sugar when suddenly she heard her father calling for her. Confusion creased her normally angelic features. He hadn’t fed yet why was he calling for her. He would never make her witness the feeding if she didn’t want to. What could he possibly want? She let out a soft frustrated sigh spinning around and making her way quickly back towards the ‘royal room’ as she called it.

“Father?” Kitten didn’t even bother to knock as she shoved the doors open shocking both Felix and Demetri, they were always caught off guard by the girl it never ceased to amuse her. She looked around the room finding the stairs were cracked and the guard looked frustrated especially Jane. She couldn’t help but be slightly amused at Jane’s frustration someone else Jane’s power hadn’t worked on. No surprise there. Her power was week unless she had direct eye contact. Really she was no competition for Kitten or even Princess for that matter.

“Ah, yes my darling daughter,” Aro smiled standing up and walking towards her. “I have a mission for you shall you choose to accept it,” He took her hand in his and she rose an eyebrow at him. She always knew her father was a strange one but what was he trying to get her into now.

“Wait, let me show her what happened before you ask her to do anything,” Princess announced stepping up from behind Jane and walking forward. Aro nodded stepping out of the way. Marcus watched with fondness as the two girls shared a kiss before Princess stared intently into Kitten’s violet eyes. Kitten watched in mild amusement. She never had liked Edward Cullen, she’d heard things about how her father wanted his gift but it was weak. She could offer such better powers. Oh and there was now a human involved, and Alice? She liked Alice. When Princess was done showing her what had occurred Kitten turned frowning towards her father.

“You were going to hurt Alice without consulting me first?!” She looked furiously at her father. She had a fond spot for the Cullen’s. Carlisle had been around for a while serving alongside her father and she’d come to know and love most of his family. Edward being the exception.

“I thought you would be upset about the human?” Caius questioned looking upset with who she was upset over being harmed.

“You want me to care for that thing? No thanks, funny though, Jane your power doesn’t seem to work on her,” She shrugged before turning back to her father as Jane attempted to focus her power on Kitten but Kitten whipped around and focused her own power on Jane. Jane twisted in agony, Kitten’s abilities were much stronger than Jane’s the world really was in the palm of her hand. She could signal handedly take out an army of New borns or of humans.

“Ah ah, Kitten dear, Please play nice,” Aro asked as he watched Jane hit her knees grabbing her head. Kitten sighed and looked away allowing her focus to fade and Jane to stand up straight again. Princess couldn’t help the slight giggle that fell from her lips, Princess was friends with Jane and Alec but it was always amusing when Jane and Kitten went at each other because Kitten was so much stronger.

“Yes father, now what is it you want me to do?” her soft violet eyes looked over Marcus and felt pity, her father had been ruthless and killed his mate centuries ago and Marcus had wanted nothing but death since then. She allowed her power to stretch to him and give him relief as long as she was in the room. She smiled herself when a small upturn of his lips occurred.

“I want you to move to Forks, Washington, You’d be able to be out and about as much as you’d like,” her eyes lit up and Aro knew he’d hit her sweet spot. “But my dear I need you to keep an eye on the Cullen’s, make sure that young Bella becomes immortal as has been for told or I will need you to waste of her and Edward,” a small laugh fell from Kitten’s lips. “Oh and my darling, watch out for Victoria, she is hunting the human but I know the history between you two,”

“My pleasure father,” Kitten smiled she’d always wanted to rip Edward to shreds. He’d never liked her but she couldn’t hurt Carlisle like that and for now she would keep that promise she made to him to never harm his family as long as they obeyed the simple rule. She would leave Victoria alive as long as Victoria didn’t dare get in her way.

“then it is set, You will leave in a week, I have sent a few skilled builders to put together your dream house so that you are comfortable my dear,” Aro placed a kiss to her forehead and she smiled because it was rare that Aro showed any affection to anyone but Kitten and Princess got the majority of his affection when he did show it.

“What about Princess will she stay here for now?” Kitten pouted not wanting to have to leave the girl she adored so much. But she did want to leave this dreary castle.

“For now love, but just for now, I will visit,” Princess promised as she hugged and pressed another kiss to Kitten’s cheeks. “We s hall spend this week together, Now let us go have our dinner while they have theirs,” Princess held her hand and Kitten grabbed it smiling sympathetically at Marcus as they left the room the hundreds of people beginning to pile in.

~~

The week had come and gone rather quickly and before Kitten knew it she was in forks and in her beautiful new home. She couldn’t have been more excited because she could be out and about all she wanted and no one could do anything about it and she didn’t have to worry about being exposed. Though she didn’t have to worry about that much either because she had the power to distract people make them see what she wanted them to go as far as they were concerned her eyes were completely normal. She had gotten a wonderful gift from her father when she moved. A tiger named Athena, The tiger was beautiful and she made a whole basement space for the Tiger.

She didn’t often let Athena out afraid someone might hunt her down and hurt her but she did love having her in the house. Made her feel extra safe even though she was much more powerful than the sill tiger. It was nice to have company. She supposed she’d have to go to school and be around humans. She could live with that if she needed to but for today she’d just explore and go visit the Cullen’s.

Wandering into the woods it wasn’t hard to find their house. She hardly knocked before the door was being swung open Carlisle smiling face on the other side. He looked at her like a daughter just as much as Aro did so he was pleased to see her in town for a visit. “Come in! Come in!” he ushered though he really didn’t need to. “Esme! We have a guest!” he announced as he and Kitten wandered up the stairs lazily finding the kitchen to find everyone gathered in the kitchen cooking. Which was an odd sight considering none of them ate, but reading Rose’s mind she knew that they were cooking for Edwards Human again.

“Cooking for the human are we?” Kitten’s voice was smooth as silk as she looked at the angry Rosalie. She could feel the hate Rose had for the human and it made her smile. She had a distaste for this human as well. Good. She could work with that.

“Kitten!” Esme spun around rushing out of the kitchen and grabbing the girl up in a hug. “It has been so long, are you here for a visit?” She questioned.

“She’s probably here to spy on us for Aro,” a snarl came from the other side of the house. It was Edward As he approached the kitchen his pathetic human at his side. She was amused that as soon as Bella got close enough she could hear her thoughts loud and clear and it was mildly annoying.

“Edward, don’t be so rude to our guest,” Esme scolded. Kitten shrugged her shoulders unaffected by Edwards’s sour demeanor though she was getting a high from the amount of fear radiating off Bella.

“if you get any more scared I’m going to lose control on you,” Kitten warned, she often found herself high on fear and it controlled her sometimes that was the joy she got out of killing criminals. The fear they had. It was mouthwatering, Edward snarled and stepped in front of Bella. “How I did miss your attitude Edward,” She tilted her head mildly focusing on Edward watching as his eyes became unfocused she’d taken his sight away. So now he was completely blind and unable to protect Bella.

“Play nice now,” Carlisle sighed knowing he had no control over Kitten. The small girl lazily lolled her head to the side looking around the kitchen and Edwards’s vision slowly came back. Though Bella’s fear was still feeding her.

“Esme? Do you have anything sweet? Chocolate maybe? Oh or better yet do you have those little berries, I think they are called raspberries, those have sugar,” Kitten pressed not wanting to lose her control and end up feeding on Bella. Esme nodded they had bought some food to have in the house for Bella so Esme immediately retrieved the berries and handed the pack of them to Kitten. “Thank you, I’m famished!” She began to eat them savoring the taste.

“You eat...human food? Isn’t that like bad for you?” Bella questioned and Kitten let out a loud laugh popping another berry into her mouth and glancing towards Bella.

“bad for Vampires yes dear, But I’m so much more than just a vampire,” She allowed there to be an air of creepiness in her tone of voice as she spoke to Bella and she was disappointed when a chill didn’t climb up the human’s spine. That should have …

“Kitten, my dear friend!” Jasper! That explained exactly why Bella had grown so calm all the sudden. Kitten set the Berries down and rushed forward wrapping her arms around Jasper in a hug. “I have missed you!”

“Jasper I’ve missed you as well, Alice is alright correct? My father did not consult me before almost harming your lover, I would never have allowed it to happen,” She promised a crease forming in her forehead. Jasper smiled and hugged her a little tighter.

“I am safe and sound and I have received apologize from Aro himself,” Alice smiled showing her the necklace that Aro had sent her. Kitten smiled.

“Good, I’m glad to hear, Now I have some news for you all,” She turned around facing the family. “I am not visiting. I have a permanent resident here. Yes I’m here to make sure Bella Is turned eventually, I do not care when. As long as it happens. Let us get one thing straight here Edwart.” She smiled at her nickname. “I do not care for your precious human. But I care for the rest of the Cullen’s there for she is safe. But do not play with me.” She warned and Edward knew better than to push her buttons.

“It’ll be so nice to have you around,” Rose sounded so relieved to have another person around that shared her distaste for Bella. That was going to make things so much easier on her. Emmett let out a small laugh at his wife’s relieved tone.

“Great,” Edward growled. “Another vampire I have to watch to make sure doesn’t kill Bella,” He rolled his eyes pinching the bridge of his nose. Kitten gave him the middle finger and shook her head returning to eating her berries.

“I already told you, I’m not interested in your stupid human, don’t make me say her name,” she shook her head before dancing over and hopping up on the counter with ease. “now Carlisle share with me how things at the hospital have been going! I’d much rather hear about that then sit here and continue to discuss the overly dependent human standing next to your son,” She smiled brightly as if she hadn’t just insulted Bella. The rest of the family choose to ignore her comment as well moving on past it. They began to discuss Carlisle job at the hospital and other meaningless things.