Status: Currently in the works.

Playing With Fire

Chapter Twelve

Things got really quite for a little while. Sam seemed to disappear off the face of the earth and the only enemy it seemed that they had was time. Little Renesmee was growing at unprecedented speed. She was growing so quickly one day she was an infant and the next she looked like a 5 year old. It was insane. Everything had calmed down though Kitten and Princess were still living in the Cullen’s house along with Paul and the other wolves to make sure that everything was safe and sound.

But everything was far from safe and sound. A few days ago Princess, Bella, Embry, Jacob, and Renesmee had all ben out playing in the snow only to be spotted by one of the wolves arch rivals. Irina. She had always hated the wolves and now they had what looked like an immortal child with them. Bella had attempted to get Irina’s attention before she ran off but there had been nothing she could do. Not thinking anything of it she went on with her life. It wasn’t until today that they realized something was very wrong.

Edward and Bella were resting on the couch watching as Nessie, Jacob, Paul, Seth, And Embry were all playing some game that Nessie had come up with and somehow conned all the wolves into playing. Alice was walking into the room with a plate full of lunch when the vision hit her. Kitten stopped what she was doing and immediately turned towards Alice watching the vision she grabbed Princess hand allowing Princess to see what she was seeing in Alice’s head. The plate of food came crashing to the floor and Kitten could feel the tension in Alice as the vision ended.

“What do they want,” Alice snapped looking towards Kitten as if the vision had been her fault. Confusion etched across her features and she shook her head.

“I don’t know! I didn’t do anything. He wouldn’t gather witnesses to visit me and Princess,” Kitten focused trying to see around the vision to see what had happened that had suddenly made her father gather witnesses and come for the Cullen’s she knew he wanted their powers but he wouldn’t go so far as to make something up. She knew her father better than that.

“Nessie,” Princess spoke simply. “Irina was in the woods the other day. She saw us and Nessie. She must have thought Ness is an immortal child, that is the only reason Aro would bring so many numbers. He thinks the Cullen’s have created an immortal child.” Realization settled over the ones who understood. Confusion etched across the wolves faces not understanding what an immortal child even was.

“Immortal children are monsters, the monsters that I protect the world from. They are stuck at the age they are turned. They have no control over their thirst they ruin city’s civilizations. They can take out a whole state in one night if they wanted. They are that hungry, they are dangerous and angry they can’t be trained or tamed or anything,” Kitten explained.

“what’s going to happen?” Bella asked and looked at Kitten knowing Kitten was the only one who could stop a full out war between the Cullen’s and the Volturi.

“We need to gather our own witnesses to show that there has been no crime committed here, It’s going to be a mess but unfortunately there’s nothing I can do to stop it.” Kitten frowned as she reached over taking Princess hand in hers rubbing her finger tips over her knuckles. She reached for Paul as well wanting the comfort of knowing that both of them were there at the moment.

“He’s your father you should be able to do something to stop this!” Edward hissed and Princess growled standing up as did Paul both of them releasing the grip they’d had on Kitten’s hands. Both of them looked angry while Kitten just looked pained.

“She has no control over what Aro does! You know this as well as I do! We do not control him!” Princess hissed shaking her head at the idea that she controlled Aro’s choices.

“You saved Princess, you obviously have some element of control over his choices,” Edward practically spat in Kitten’s direction. Kitten felt a certain type of agony in her chest remembering the day she had saved Princess and the demands her father had laid out and how hard she’d had to beg and plead and prove how good Princess was. It brought pain to her to remember that day and here Edward thought all she did was snap her fingers and get her way.

“No, He saw my agony when he went to set fire to a still forming Princess, I watched as her feet went up in flames and screamed in agony and attacked him before putting the fire out with my own powers. In order not to be killed he spared Princess, and since Princess immediately took his side when she was formed he grew attached to her, It was not a snap of my fingers Edward,” Kitten revealed. This was something she’d never told anyone before. She never let anyone know just how hard that day Princess had come to them had been. Embry looked sick at the idea of his imprint burning while still alive and breathing and Paul looked ready to rip Edward apart for making kitten relive that horror.

“He won’t kill an innocent child that is anything like him. Renesmee is like him. She drinks blood she has to keep the secret, there for she will be spared,” Princess spoke with authority. “if I must I’ll use my ‘talent’ on him and keep him at bay for a while longer while Renesmee grows.”

“It’s pointless he wants a fight,” Edward hissed and Kitten shook her head. Her father was not a fighter. Not unless he was sure there had been wrong doing on someone else’s part. And if it could be proven there was no wrong doing and this was a waste of his time limited death would come.

“No, not my father,” Kitten took a deep breath looking pained at Princess. “But I will fight him if I must. I will not let his head get so big that he thinks destroying an entire coven an ok thing to be doing. For the actions of one or two members of the Cullen’s. I will not allow him to destroy something as innocent and pure as Princess.” Her voice shook slightly but she meant what she said. She would stand with them and if that meant fighting her own father than she would.

“Gather witnesses as Kitten said before, there will be enough covens hopefully when they arrive that they will be forced to listen instead of fight, Aro knows he has no chance of fighting against Kitten and I, even with the vampires he has on his side. He made Kitten to be stronger than any of them. She could kill him,”

“And if I must, I will. Then I will be forced to take the power in Volterra but let’s not let it get to that,” the pain could be heard in Kitten’s tone. The last thing she wanted was to be going to war with her father but it felt as if Edward was giving her no choice. He was convinced her father wanted a fight and she didn’t believe that. She knew her father had some good in him somewhere. He wouldn’t fight without reason and as long as they didn’t give him one no deaths would come to any of the Cullen’s or their families.

“you are willing to kill your maker to protect my daughter?” Kitten flinched at the name ‘maker’ he hadn’t been referred to as that in forever and the word stung her every fiber. Kitten simply nodded and looked at Bella a certain pain in her eyes.

“I will not let you go through what I went through when I watched him almost waste of Princess. No one should ever have to go through that pain, and I can only imagine it would be worse watching your child go through it, it was hard enough on Esme to watch them almost waste of Bree,” Kitten spoke looking to Esme who was sitting with her hands folded in her lap. Bree was with Leah The two of them got along really well and because Bree couldn’t be allowed near Princess or Renesmee Leah was a perfect partner for her.

No one but Kitten and the wolves knew that Leah had imprinted on Bree and there for she’d do anything for the girl but Leah was fighting the imprint so Kitten was forcing them to spend as much time together as possible. There for neither one of them could hurt the growing Renesmee.

“I cannot thank you enough,” Bella gushed wanting to curl up and die at the idea of watching Renesmee be ruined in front of her. She didn’t think she could remain still if that was to happen in front of her.

“Watching my child die would be ten times worse than watching your, not even then lover, die,” Edward spat as if he was somehow better than Kitten. The elder hybrid stood up as Paul let out a small growl reaching for Kitten’s hand because Edward was pissing him off.

“Do you want to See, just how painful it was for me,” Kitten was sick of his behavior. She pulled Paul close and let her guard down allowing Edward into her head for the very first and very last time it would ever happen. “watch and learn,” She snarled.

As soon as Kitten closed her eyes Edward was thrown into a vision. It was of the beautiful Volterra walls. There were two people standing in front of Aro and Kitten. A third laid on a bed unawaken but alive and breathing. He assumed that was Princess. He watched feeling as Kitten did as Aro scolded these two for making something he never could. Then as Aro ripped them to shreds and set fire to them. Kitten’s head ached a little from the conflict she was feeling watching her father kill these makers.

He continued to watch as Aro circled around the body on the table who had been a scientific experiment. Who’d lived her whole life in a lab because her mother had been in love with a vampire and wanted a hybrid child but had already had Princess. He felt a sickness churn in his stomach as Kitten looked at the face of the girl on the table and felt an immediate attachment like he’d never felt before. It was stronger than the attachment he had with Bella. It was an untouchable bond he’d never experienced two vampires of any degree experience.

Aro circled the body moving to the head. Kitten let out a pained screamed and forced her father back shaking her head begging her father over and over not to kill the innocent girl on the table. Then Aro being the cruel man he was grabbed the fire and held it to Princess feet. Princess began to scream in agony and Edward felt an agony he thought was going to kill him. His chest clenched up and he thought he was dying as he watched Kitten lunge at her father ripping at his skin and fire flying from her finger tips as she put out the fire on her lover.

A small promise of ‘ I will not let you destroy her’ Fell from Kitten’s lips as she was finally pulled from Aro’s barely put together body she’d ripped him apart but given a few hours he’d put himself back together and it wouldn’t be a big deal. Then the memory went completely black and Kitten opened her eyes and Edward closed his shaking his head as if he’d done the wrong thing to treat her so poorly in the first place.

“Now you know, Nothing will ever compare to that pain,” Kitten hissed quietly grabbing Paul’s hand. “I need to be alone,” Princess frowned but she wasn’t about to question what Kitten needed. She watched as Kitten dragged Paul off to another area of the house where she couldn’t be bothered. She glared at Edward knowing how hard it had to have been for Kitten.

“You should have just been happy she was on your side,” Princess huffed and grabbed Embry’s hand storming out of the room. Edward was quickly alienating the two girls they needed most on their side if he had any chance of surviving. Question was would they do the right thing? Or would they allow Aro to ruin Edward for all he’d done to them?