Status: Currently in the works.

Playing With Fire

Chapter Thirteen

Paul followed quickly after Kitten curious as to why he was being taken along when she insisted that she’d wanted some alone time. She seemed to know he was following her though after all she did have his hand so she had to have known he was behind her. She entered a room and shut the door finally letting go of Paul’s hand and moving to the window. He wished he knew what was going through her head, he wished he could make it better. He simply moved to the bed that was in the room and watched her silently not wanting to speak and ruin whatever kind of moment Kitten was having.

“I don’t want to fight my own father,” She mumbled quietly as she looked out the window feeling unsure and conflicted. She hated feeling like this, not knowing what end was up but knowing she had to do the right thing regardless of how she really felt. Paul frowned he could only imagine what that felt like to have to be aware of the right thing to do was fight your own father.

“I thought you said he’d listen to reason?” Paul questioned as he stood up off the little bed he’d been resting on. He moved slowly towards her until his hand rested against her hip and his head on her shoulder. She let out a shaky sigh and shook her head.

“My father…” She paused and cringed as she thought about it. “Has always wanted the Cullen family dead, they are a threat to his power,” She leaned into Paul and stared out the window lifting her hand to press it against the glass. “He’s not coming because he really thinks there’s an immortal child,” she looked away from the glass and then back again. “He knows Princess and I would never allow someone to create and immortal child and survive,”

“So what does that mean?” The wolf questioned as he pressed a small kiss to her shoulder uncertain what any of this would mean for the wolves or the fight they had going on with Sam. Kitten turned away from the window and turned so she could face Paul leaning up against the glass window now.

“It means he wants a fight, he’s hoping once he gets down here that I will change my mind and fight on his side, He knows Princess is not a concern. Princess will follow me plus she wasn’t bread to be a warrior like I was.” She shook her head leaning forward and pressing her head into the crook of Paul’s neck loving the feeling of the warmth and joy that it brought her to simply be touching her imprint.

“Why though? He knows if you don’t switch sides he won’t win a fight , right?” Paul ran his fingers through her hair tucking it behind her as he did. He let his other arm wrap around her a promise of protection even if it meant he had to die. He’d do anything for her and he wasn’t about to let this evil vampire come and ruin the life he’d made.

“He’s counting on the fact that he will survive a fight, he doesn’t think I’ll be able to kill him,” She reached her arms up wrapping them around Paul’s neck. “he’s wrong,” She mumbled into his neck quietly. “I will kill him. If that’s the right thing to do,” She felt choked up and she wished she could cry about this. But she couldn’t because her body wouldn’t allow that.

“What if we fight beside you?” Kitten shook her head furiously. “Kitten I’m not leaving your side. Jacob won’t be leaving Renesmee’s side, Embry can’t leave Princess side and Leah, well she’s not leaving Bree any time soon,” he reminded her and Kitten cursed under her breath because he was right. The only one she could possibly save from this fight was Seth and she knew better than to think Seth would sit out without a fight.

“he’ll kill you all of you. Wolves are Vampires mortal enemy. He won’t be pleased I’m with one. He may not care that we have mated. He didn’t care with Marcus’ mate he killed her any way and she was his own sister” She frowned pulling away to look Paul in the eyes. She found such comfort in his soft brown eyes. It was a safe place for her to be where she had to be nothing but herself around him.

“We will fight regardless,” Paul shook his head. “maybe when he sees that you aren’t changing your mind He will back down?” he suggested gently pulling her back into his body pressing a soft kiss to her forehead. “We’ve already got a pack of wolves after our asses we don’t need a swarm of vampires after it too,” he huffed moodily. Kitten let out a small giggle shaking her head at him being moody.

“He might back down but his hunger for the Cullen’s will never fade. But I may be able to convince him to walk away. I do not know though,” She sighed and cuddled up into his chest. Paul scooped her up and made his way to the bed lying down with her in his arms shaking his head.

“It’s all going to be ok Kitten,” Paul promised even though he couldn’t so much as really promise that. He knew he was lying when he said it was going to be ok but he felt like that was what he had to say to her. Kitten smiled gently against his chest because he was trying and she could feel that he was trying.

“Sam isn’t going to be happy, The Cullen’s have to father witnesses and that means more vampires in town which probably means another fight with him,” She groaned quietly rolling as close to Paul’s body as she possibly could not liking the idea of another fight with Sam. “And he’ll have more numbers.” She ran her fingers over Paul’s chest.

“I can handle Sam, He’s not going to hurt you , We’ll still run perimeter and such as the new vampires arrive, We’ll take care of Sam and his pack. You just worry about dealing with your pack of leeches,” He teased and Kitten shook her head playfully punching him in the chest.

“I’ll have you know I hate the majority of them,” She smiled and rose an eyebrow at her imprint. “In fact ripping most of them apart would give me great joy all by my father.” She huffed. “I don’t want to kill him but I will. He may have created me but he doesn’t own me and I think he forgets that my loyalty lies in what’s right…not what he wants,” Her violet eyes scanned the room as she laid against Paul.

“have I mentioned how glad I am that I imprinted on you,” Paul smiled dropping a soft kiss to her lips as his hand slipped under her shirt rubbing the skin gently as they kissed. Kitten reached her hands up into his hair tugging him closer and enjoying the kiss. unfortunately the kiss didn’t last very long as someone threw open the door.

“Gross! The last thing I want is you two doing things in my home,” Edward spat rolling his eyes and Kitten wanted to rip his face from his skull at the moment but Paul was still hovering over her body keeping her from doing much of anything.

“And You think I care why?” Paul hissed in return leaning down to press another kiss to Kitten’s lips moving his kisses down her neck nipping ever so gently not wanting to do damage to her skin. Even though he knew it was impossible he still treated her like she was a breakable thing.

“Jacob wants to speak with you Paul,” The vampire leaned in the door way shaking his head because he didn’t like Paul or even Kitten but Kitten had saved Bella’s life and it would be up to Kitten to save the rest of his family as well. Slowly Paul climbed off Kitten shaking his own head.

“You stay here I’ll be right back, Stupid Jacob,” Paul pouted as he dropped one last kiss to Kitten’s lips making her laugh as he stalked out of the room irritated. Edward shook his head as he watched Paul stalk out of the room. He moved so he was standing at the window.

“you can leave you know, I don’t need to be supervised,” Kitten hissed not comfortable in a room alone with Edward. He shrugged his shoulders before turning to face her leaning against the window.

“Jacob doesn’t really need to speak with Paul,” his eyes glinted trouble. “But I need to speak with you,” He said firmly and Kitten growled low in her throat ready to throw the defensive moves up if she needed to. She wasn’t about to let Edward come up here and ruin the quiet she and Paul had just worked so hard to create.

“What do you want?” She spat moving up on the bed watching every move Edward made. She really was beginning to hate him, he was really lucky she had a sense of right and wrong unlike her father or he’d already be a dead man.

“I want you to take your wolf and Leave,” Edward hummed and shocked was suddenly scribbled all over Kitten’s face because how dare he ask her to leave at such a crucial time. “you can’t be trusted to keep us safe, you can’t be trusted by the witnesses we are bringing in, I think it’s time that you leave,” Kitten felt sick and angry and fire flew from her fingertips.

“have you talk to your bride about this?” She snapped “or anyone else in the house? Have you thought about what Aro will do to you without me. He’ll kill Princess without a single thought if I’m not around. He’ll slaughter Renesmee and you and Bella. He’ll take out your whole coven without me there,” She spat as she stood up on the bed stepping off it and making a quite thunk.

“I don’t care what they think. We cannot gather witnesses with you around! If you don’t leave no one will trust us! You can’t be trusted any way!” Edward snarled and Kitten shook her head shoving Edward as hard as she possibly could sending him flying into the wall denting it and calling attention to what was happening upstairs.

“If I step out of this house I won’t come back to protect you, I will explain to my father that the child was your idea and that you should be the one punished I will lie, I will tell him you created an immortal child but the child had been destroyed and now you are awaiting punishment,” She snarled shaking her head.

“You can’t protect us you are a danger!” Edward snapped as the rest of the house seemed to make their way up into the bed room swinging the door open Bella looked at Edward shaking her head as she stepped into the room knowing she needed to cool things down. “with you there will surely be a war!”

“Without me you all will be slaughtered,” She said darkly. “I will keep the wolves safe and Princess. But the rest of you will be slaughtered, my father has wanted you dead for ages you are a threat to his throne. I will not stand in his way if I am treated like this,” She spat.

“Don’t, please. Don’t listen to him.” Bella had stepped into the room as Paul pushed past everyone looking a little frazzled at his imprint and the fire at her fingertips. “ He doesn’t know what he was saying, We need you.” Bella begged as she looked angrily at Edward. “I don’t want my family to die,”
“She’s right Kitten,” Paul hated agreeing with Bella but he knew his wolves and he knew what the right thing to do was. “The right thing to do is to protect them…think about Seth, Leah and Embry. They’ll still all fight and die… We can’t let that happen,” Kitten looked at him her eyes vibrant and anger and hurt were layering them. He stepped forward and her fire died. He smiled gently and gathered her up into his arms looking at Edward pissed off.

“I don’t want to die,” Renesmee spoke from where she was standing holding Rose’ hand and Kitten felt a tug at her heart. She couldn’t let this innocent girl get killed because her father was constantly hungry to slaughter every coven that got strong. It wouldn’t stop with the Cullen’s and she knew the right thing to do was fight regardless of how Edward treated her.

“I will not let you,” Kitten spoke softly moving away from Paul to crouch down to the little girl’s level. She set her hand on her cheek and smiled softly. “I will not let Aro hurt you, You are too good and pure for that. You just stay with Jacob and your mommy ok? I’ll make sure you’re safe,” she promised the little girl and that’s a promise she knew she’d have to keep.