Status: Currently in the works.

Playing With Fire

Chapter Two

The next few months passed quickly with out much of a problem for Kitten. She had discovered her scent repelled Victoria so she often hung around the Cullen’s house as a favor to them. But something had changed and it was a sudden change. Kitten had been watching TV, the news actually when an alert came across talking about the mass killings in Seattle. She let out a low growl what was her father doing letting something like this happen. It was obvious what WAS happening. Some one was building a new born army but to fight what Kitten couldn’t get a clear view on.

Until one day she was sitting outside her home playing with her tiger when Jasper appeared in the woods next to her. “Kitten, I’m so sorry to disturb you but I need to speak with you immediately,” His voice held such a panic it put Kitten on edge but she gave Athena a command and into the house her tiger went so she wouldn’t be a temptation to Jasper the newest vegetarian.

“come dear Jasper, Tell me what has you so concerned,” She didn’t like to pry into jaspers head it made her uncomfortable to feel the emotions he was often feeling and the thirst he struggled with. So she tried to stay out of his head for the most part.

“It’s about what’s going on in Seattle,” he started and Kitten simply nodded patting the seat next to her on the tree stump. Jasper quickly took a spot next to her.

“The army some one seems to be building, yes Jasper?” He nodded shakily. “Calm your self Jasper, you are making us both uneasy,” and with the command Jasper eased and the air cleared of the tension he had created.

“They are after us, They want Bella, Victoria is behind this, but she’s staying out of the picture so Alice can’t see her plans, everyone else thinks we can take them with out your help, mainly Edward.” He ran his fingers through his shagging blonde hair. “but I come to you and ask for your help, a new born arm is no match for your powers and it is obvious your father intends on doing nothing about it so we need your help,” He explained. The girl sighed and looked up at the sky. A new born army. It was bound to be an exciting adventure and she did like jasper and the rest of his family.

She wouldn’t want anything to happen to the Cullen’s and a new born arm could surely ruin the Cullen’s even with their powers they were no match. “Of course my dear Jasper, I will help you fight,” She smiled and gently pat his knee.

“will you come with me to help train the rest of my family how to fight these new borns?” He questioned and Kitten let out an excited squeal.

“absolutely! Are they practicing now? I’d love to join!” Jasper simply laughed because he should have known she wouldn’t be against them in this. He nodded and they raced to the clearing where everyone was already gathered and waiting on Jasper to practice.

“I told you not to bring her!” Edward snapped as Jasper and Kitten appeared in the clearing. Kitten didn’t understand Edward’s hostility until she heard other voices and an unfamiliar smell.

“What, dare I ask is that smell? And those voices. Those are not any of you, not even your annoying human,” Kitten was suddenly on the defensive forming a ring of Fire around herself it flared up to her knee caps because she’d never been exposed to the wolves before. She’d simply heard horror stories about them and part of her was vampire making her their natural born enemy.

“Edward! I told you to warn me before you invited our guests! I told you I was going to talk to Kitten! I do not think they will think kindly of our guest!” Jasper was angry and it was making Kitten’s anger even worse the ire flaring unevenly and a rainbow of different colors.

“I had to invite them. They have agreed to fight beside us,”

“EXCUSE ME,” Kitten’s voice rose commanding attention. “I asked a question I expect and answer. Quickly before I lose my patients!” She demanded looking unkindly at those around her feeling as if they’d put her in danger.

“Edward invited the wolves, they won’t harm you,” Alice attempted to sooth the upset girl as first Sam appeared then Jacob and the rest of the wolves appeared in Wolf form in the trees. Kitten hissed backing her self up against a tree ready to use any one of her tricks to fight them off. They didn’t seem pleased to see her either. She could hear their nasty thoughts about her screaming ‘what is that’ ‘it’s not a vampire’ ‘it smells like sugar’ ‘it’s disgusting!’

“Yeah well you don’t smell all that great either! I’d rather smell like sugar then a wet dog!” She snarled and they all seemed shock she could hear their thoughts. “The little silver one is right, I’m not a vampire, I am PART vampire but I am not full vampire,” She answered as she scanned the crowed she was intent on being angry keeping the fire around her until her eyes met a dark silver wolf. He was the second biggest wolf and he seemed to be second in command.

Suddenly the world stopped. The fire she’d been using to protect her self completely faded away as she looked at. It was like nothing else mattered. She couldn’t hear any one else’s voice like she normally could. She couldn’t hear thoughts or even think about using her power as she made eye contact with the wolf. She sat inside his head as the two of them just looked at each other. She could feel his world shift as hers did and suddenly it felt like everything made sense, it was so much more than just a mate bonding. It was as if he’d do anything, be anything she needed. Suddenly he was on his belly looking at Kitten completely weak to her. She just watched him.

“Kitten,” Carlisle called waving a hand in front of her face. She was begrudged as Edward read HER wolfs mind.

“Paul imprinted, Unbelievable,” Edward spat. “Doesn’t trust us But imprints on that THING” Kitten suddenly snapped out of her trance and whipped towards Edward anger circling her body as she held her hand out and suddenly Edward was on the ground holding his head.

“Stop! Stop hurting him!” Bella cried but Kitten was far to angry ay being called a ‘thing’ to stop her assault on Edwards mind. She’d sent what she liked to call her screamers into Edwards head. It often drove her victim crazy with in a very short amount of time.

“I. Am Not. A THING” She spat angrily. “I am more powerful then you would ever dream of! I could kill you with such ease and your stupid precious human! Ruin you Edward! How DARE you refer to me as a THING. I will END you,” She snarled. It didn’t hurt that the wolves were practically egging her on. She could feel their animosity towards Edward all but one of them was egging her on. She could hear a faint ‘please stop; and that was more than enough to cause Kitten to want to stop.

“What THE HELL WAS THAT?!” Bella screamed running at Kitten who just looked unimpressed at the stupid Human. Edward was still trying to pick himself off the ground.

“They are called Screamers and I’d watch your self because you may be immune to Jane’s powers but you won’t be to mine,” She warned and Bella immediately backed off.

“what stopped you?” Alice suddenly asked. Because she’d seen vampires get lost in their power and simply be unable to control it and she assumed that was what was happening with Kitten. She didn’t know Kitten was in complete and utter control.

“The small white Wolf asked me to stop, he said it so nicely, I couldn’t just continue to ruin his innocence by driving Edward mad in front of him, I wouldn’t want him to see something so ugly,” her violet eyes gave warning as Edward finally found his footing again. “let that be a warning, I will not be so gentle next time,” She added. “Now let’s get on with training yes. We only have a few days before the new borns get here,”

“she’s right we need to focus,” Jasper began to explain the fighting techniques that they would all need to fight the new born army coming their way though, Kitten didn’t need this training. She was trained better than anyone else in the world. She was born and bred to fight that’s part of why Aro had created her. He needed a warrior but he’d grown so connected to her he couldn’t just use her as a warrior. So she became his daughter.

Kitten watched as Bella left Edwards side and cuddled up to one of the wolves who seemed to be skeptical of her thinking awful thoughts about her. She slowly approached the dark silver wolf that she had that amazing experience with only to have him jerk away from her like he’d been burned by her simply approaching him. She looked hurt and Bella couldn’t help the snicker that fell from her lips. Stupid human. How could they have that amazing experience and now he didn’t want to be near her?

What on earth? She was so confused, this wasn’t how wolves were supposed to act. Sure they were mortal enemies but he had…done something. They’d been connected why on earth was he treating her like she was the devil. It hurt her. She let out a huff and moved to the other side of the field only to have one of the wolves, a soft white wolf with a little grey speckled across his back come over to her and nudge her hand gently.

‘pet me, go ahead please! I love being pet,’ The wolf was mentally begging her and Kitten couldn’t help but laugh and gently tangle her hand into the soft fur of what seemed to be the youngest wolf around.

“At least you like me, kid” She hummed quietly as she sat on the ground Seth kind of winding his way around the foreign girl. Not caring what she was or what part of her was. It didn’t matter to Seth He was open to all types of people vampire or not. For all they knew Kitten hadn’t made this choice in life as much as he hadn’t chosen to be a wolf. Sometimes life handed you things and you just had to learn how to deal with it.

‘Paul will come around after all you are his imprint,’ Seth thought curious if she could actually read his mind or if she was just playing. But when she looked down at him and then across to Paul who was staring intently at the practice fight happening.

“Paul eh? He doesn’t seem to like me much, I don’t even know what imprinting means, but obviously he doesn’t care much for me,” She sighed knowing she wasn’t really distracting Seth because she’d already read the Cullen’s and the pack’s minds. Seth wasn’t going to be fighting this fight and she was glad since he seemed so young she didn’t want him near the battle where he could get hurt.

‘it’s like, you are his reason for existing, he’ll be anything do anything you need. His heart belongs to you. If something was to happen to you he would die as well, it’s the vampire equivalent to Mating only ten times stronger, he won’t be able to fight it for long,” Some one else had interrupted their conversation it was the largest wolf of them all. He must have been the alpha wolf. He didn’t sound like he liked Kitten at all but he seemed like he had to tolerate her for some strange reason.

‘He can’t ‘fight it, his body won’t let him, Quil tried to fight his imprinting to, it had really bad consequences, Paul knows better,’ Seth continued ignoring Sam completely. ‘ I’m Seth by the way,’

“Hi Seth, I’m Kitten, I’m about as harmless as one as long as I’m not provoked obviously,” She smiled running her fingers through his fur relishing in the fact that he just cuddled up closer despite the looks from the other members of his pack and the disapproving look of Bella. “As long as you are my friend I won’t let anything hurt you,” She promised Seth dropping a gentle kiss to the top of his head smiling gently. The pain from being rejected by her Mate mildly soothed by the love from Seth.

The next morning Kitten was wandering around in her woods Athena trailing at her side. She had sensed Jane in the area but as quickly as she felt her she’d gone and she knew her father wasn’t planning on doing anything about this new born army. She sighed to her self surprised when she smelled a wolf. She quickly whipped around afraid that it was one of them coming to kill her only to be pleasantly surprised when she spotted white fur and then heard the over joyed thoughts of the little wolf she’d met the other day.

“Seth!” she laughed excitedly and he barked looking warily at the Tiger. But Athena was highly uninterested in the wolf. “She wont hurt you I promise,” She smiled and ran her fingers through the soft fur. “I wish you trusted me enough to be human around me, I’d invite you into my house we could have lunch, I can cook some sick cupcakes,” She teased a little shocked when he disappeared and a few seconds later a young boy came out from the woods.

“Hi,” He spoke a little shy and unsure of himself but Kitten was positively delighted. “Sam sent me to check on you since Paul is fighting the imprint,” Seth smiled, “but I think cupcakes sound delightful!” Kitten giggled and stood up holding her hand out to Seth.

“Come young Seth, let us make cupcakes!” She twirled around allowing her flowing dress to kind of go with the wind. She was stunning even Seth had to admit that. But she was Paul’s even if Paul was fighting it right now. “Athena, Come,” She ordered and the Tiger quickly fell into step with Kitten as they made their way back into the house. She could sense the discomfort radiating off Seth. “Downstairs,” she commanded and the tiger licked her hand and then trotted downstairs leaving the two alone.

“I’ve never seen a wild animal so behaved, not even some of us wolves are that tame!” He gapped in awe of how well behaved the tiger was. He wondered if it was more of her powers or if the tiger really just was that well behaved.

“Athena is a good girl, she was a gift from my father, She listens better than any vampire or human than I know,” She began to dig through the cupboards finding the pots and bowls that she needed setting them on the counter. She then set out all the ingredients they would need to make cupcakes from scratch.

“you move at human speed a lot? Is that learned?” He had seen the Cullen’s very rarely did they move human speed unless they absolutely had to. Not even around Bella did they move very slow but Kitten had such grace and poise he wondered if it was learned or if it was just part of who she was.

“I’ve moved like this for a few years now actually, when you live in a large castle you have to learn to move with laziness Or you would get bored quickly,” she shrugged growling lowly when she sensed another wolf around an angry wolf this wasn’t her Paul’s anger either. “Who is that? “ She whipped around facing her doorway.

“Jacob, he’s mad I phased into human form and am in your house,” Seth sighed rubbing his forehead because he was tired of being treated like a t here year old.

“Well I did not invite him and unless he is Paul he is not welcome,” She warned and Seth just nodded but before either of them could act she caught the scent of her Paul and there were suddenly two tall built boys at her door way.

“Seth! I swear to god How many times have we told you not to phase and go into the house! You aren’t even allowed in the Cullen’s house! What are you doing in here with that thing!” What the hell was wrong with everyone.

“for the last time! I am. NOT. A THING!” her voice deepened and she looked angrily at Jacob her eyes growing that similar fire she had held yesterday when she’d caused Edward all that pain. Seth set a hand on her arm but it wasn’t Kitten that freaked out.

“She! Is! Not! A thing!” Paul shoved Jacob so hard he broke through the glass window on the other side of the room. Kitten frowned she liked that window but she supposed if Paul was protecting her she could always put the window back together later. Paul took a few steps back so he was outside the house as he phased back into his wolf for just as Jacob phased into his and they charged at each other.

“Does this happen a lot?” Kitten questioned frowning because if Paul and Jacob didn’t calm down the New born army would kill them in an instant and that concerned her, though she didn’t care for Jacob she cared a great deal for Paul. Seth sighed.

“this is the second time Jacob’s set Paul off. Last time it was over Bella, the human you seem to dislike,” Seth nodded back towards the cupcakes. “We should probably finish these while they finish their fight, don’t worry they’ll be fine.” Athena sighed she wished Princess was here. Princess made things so much easier.

“Of course,” She sighed turning around and heading back into the kitchen. The two of them made the cupcakes in silence to much going on in Kitten’s head and Seth didn’t want to be a bother to the girl who seemed like she was thinking much to hard about something. The cupcakes didn’t take to long so they decided to make a few more batches trying to entertain themselves until Paul and Jacob finished their argument.

“Would you like to bring these to Emily’s house? Emily is Sam’s imprint. I’m sure that’s where Jacob and Paul will end up any way, when they are done trying to kill each other,” Seth suggested. Kitten looked over him before nodding. She’d like to bring cupcakes to the rest of the wolves. She’d really like to get to know them. Maybe she can convince them not to hate her.