Status: Currently in the works.

Playing With Fire

Chapter Three

Taking cupcakes to the other wolves did not go as well as Kitten had hoped it would. She and Seth Showed up on the reservation and that alone was enough to stir up trouble but when they pulled up to Emily’s house a whole guard of Wolfs met her out front. Quil, Jared, Sam, Embry and Leah and a few she didn’t know their names. The looked at her like she was going to eat them or something which obviously she wasn’t going to. She had no taste for wolves or half the time she didn’t even enjoy the taste of Human blood. Why were they treating her like she was this awful being.

“Seth what have you done?” Sam questioned and Seth sighed and shook his head not understanding why everyone was always so angry with this girl. She was an ally to the Cullen’s and she didn’t seem to be anything like them so why did they hate her so much?

“He hasn’t done anything wrong, I apologize, It was my idea to come here and bring a peace offering,” Kitten quickly took the blame for the idea of even showing up on the reservation. “he didn’t have much of a choice after Jacob and Paul got in a fight I wanted to make sure he got safely back and well with the cupcakes it was safest to drive,” She continued starting to ramble because she’d never had any one make her nervous besides princess but these people…they were Paul’s people and she needed them to approve of her or Loving Paul would be so much harder.

“Wait did you say cupcakes?” A loud growl ripped through the stomachs of every one standing in front of her, well besides Leah. Leah just looked at her like she wanted to kill her it was unsettling to say the least. She knew she could take these wolves down if she had to but she didn’t want to have to and that’s why she was trying to hard to make this bond.

“Yes, cupcakes, 100s of them, we got bored waiting for Jacob and Paul to come back, So I thought we’d back some and bring them down here as a peace offering, seeing as I happen to be Paul’s imprint,” Kitten sighed as she could feel the mixed emotions in the group but the one that mattered most to her was Sam and he was quickly warming up to her especially since she’d brought food.

“Wait…Vampires can cook? Is it safe to eat?” Embry questioned as he approached the cupcakes looking at Seth to see if they were safe. Seth let out a loud laugh.

“Dude I stood there the whole time she made them. I’ve already had like three, They are the best things I’ve ever eaten. No offence Em,” Seth held open on of the containers of cupcakes.

“How do you even know how to make cupcakes?!” Jared questioned as he grabbed one and shoved it into his mouth practically moaning at how good it tasted to his taste buds. Kitten let out a warm laugh and held one up to Sam hoping he’d take it and with her luck he did.

“I survive off sugar dear, I have to know how to make cupcakes or I’d be stuck with candy all the time. It’s nice to have a sweet like a cake or cupcakes or brownies, I do adore brownies, I had to learn how to bake sweets, the bakery down town was starting to get suspicious of how much I was buying,” She hid her face behind her hair slightly because that was the truth. She’d been forced to learn how to bake because the humans were getting suspicious.

“You survive off sugar?” Sam questioned and Kitten nodded as she took a bite of the cupcake her self as if to prove that she was completely normal.

“Sugars, the occasional small animal, and very very rarely a criminal like a serial killer or something like that, but mainly sugar,” She explained. “I’m nothing like the Cullen’s or the nomads. There is no other vampire like me. Then again I’m only part Vampire. No one in the world knows what the other part of me is,” She shrugged as Sam gnawed on the cupcake to ensure it was safe before handing on to Emily.

“You are even stranger than the Cullen’s, this is mind blowing,” Embry laughed looking to Sam to make sure that everything was kosher so far. Sam didn’t seem bothered though so that was a good sign.

“Paul sure knows how to pick ‘em” Sam teased light heartedly. “Come on in, bring the cupcakes I’ll introduce you to my fiancé Emily,” He urged and suddenly the pack was dispersing and they were all headed into the small shack like house and Kitten couldn’t help but smile this was going much better now.

“Leave it to Paul to find an indestructible imprint,” Leah quipped as they made their way inside rolling her eyes.

“Hey if anyone needs an indestructible imprint it’s Paul, The amount he loses his temper,” Jared teased receiving a hard look from Sam and Kitten didn’t even have time to wonder why before she saw the scars on Emily’s face. She quickly heard the guilt radiating from Sam and then she saw the story play out in Sam’s head. He’d lost his temper and phased and Emily was too close. The scars would never let him forget.

“I…I can make those go away if you’d like, the scars that is,” Kitten offered as she set down the several containers of cupcakes down on the table for the others to devour while she talk to Emily and Sam

“You can?” Emily tilted her head to the side curious to see what kitten meant by that. Kitten approached her and Sam growled slightly unsure of her intentions.

“I promise I won’t hurt her, but I can help your guilt ease and I can take away the pain these scars bring,” Sam slowly moved so that Kitten could get close and Kitten set her hands on Emily’s face and she focused all her energy on Emily’s face. Healing was possibly the hardest most exhausting power Kitten possessed. She had to do it so rarely that it wasn’t an easily come by talent. Healing a human was much easier than repairing an unburned vampire but it was difficult for the vampire none the less.

“Wha-“ Sam held his hand up silencing the others as he watched slowly but surely the scars began to fade and be replaced by normal skin and after about ten minutes all the scars had disappeared and Emily’s face was completely normal. No scars, no paralysis from when Sam lost control. It was all fixed as if it had never happened in the first place.

“There,” Kitten smiled as she pulled away exhausted. “I need to sit,” She mumbled faintly, Seth pulled a chair out and ushered her into as Jacob and Paul were walking into the room. Paul’s calm demeanor changed when he saw that Kitten looked wrong. She seemed like something was wrong. He rushed to her side even though he wanted to hate her he couldn’t neglect that his imprint was hurting.

“What did you do to her!” Paul quickly began throwing out accusations but the calm hand of his imprint coming to rest on his shoulder almost immediately soothed his anger.

“We didn’t do anything, she…” Sam was nearly speechless as he looked over Emily’s face. “She healed Emily’s face completely,” Jacob and Paul turned and looked over Emily. She really had healed her face. It was strange but that was not the concern well at least not for Paul.

“ I just need a little more sugar in my system. I’ll be fine. Maybe a nap. That’d be nice.” She mumbled a yawn falling from her lips. The first time she was seen a really vulnerable to the wolves. Confusion etched across everyone’s faces.

“You sleep?” Kitten blinked tiredly at Paul looking much like a child. She had only been 21 when she was turned or well…whatever she was. She stopped aging at 21, was created at 21, she wasn’t really sure. Her memory was fuzzy. But she knew she did have a human life until she was 21.

“I told you, ‘m not like the others,” she yawned again and stood up. “I should be going though, I do need a nap,” she hummed “and I’m sure you all need to run patrols to protect Edwarts human,” She rolled her eyes at the idea of HER Paul being endangered by Bella.

“how about you come over to my place and nap, I’ve got to study any way” Paul interjected before any one else in the room could stop him. No he wasn’t particularly fond of his Imprint yet. But while they’d been fighting they’d detected Victoria in the area and if Kitten was weak he didn’t want her to get hurt by the blood sucker. A small chuckle fell from her lips at the idea of Victoria hurting her but she could sense that it would make Paul feel better.

“Alright,” Paul stood up and Kitten slowly stood up to follow him a little surprised when he grabbed her hand in his. She could tell she wasn’t the only one in the room shocked by the movement but she wasn’t about to argue with it. It felt so nice to be touched by him. “ I guess I will see you all later,” She smiled ruffling Seth’s hair as she passed him and glaring at Jacob because she could still feel his hostility towards her.

“Just ignore him,” Paul hummed as he lead her out of the small shack and they began the short walk to Paul’s house. She looked at him , he still felt pretty hostile towards her too but that didn’t seem to bother her as much.

“You don’t have to hate me, I’m not like the leeches as you call them,” She frowned as she tightened her grip on his hand. “I promise and if you want I’ll even stop killing small animals I can survive of just human sugars, I don’t want you to hate me,” She sighed feeling like her pleas were falling on deaf ears.

“ I don’t hate you, That’s not even possible,” He sounded angry about that which confused her even further, “Kitten, you have to understand, vampires are bad people to me, I’ve been defending Bella swan from them ever since I shifted. And worse yet it’s in my blood that want to kill the Cullen’s but Sam says no. Any amount of blood in your system makes me internally want to kill you,” He explained she shook her head and tried to pull her hand free.

“But…I haven’t had blood in almost three weeks, but you still hate me like….I haven’t had a human in….almost a year,” her violet eyes scanned over Paul who was holding a good grip on her hand. If she wanted it back she could get it back but she didn’t feel like fighting to get her hand back at the moment.

“But you have killed people,” This time she did yank her hand free looking at him with a slight hurt in her eyes.

“because they were going to kill or harm some one else. I kill people who do harm to others. I hunt in Jails. People on death row. I do them a favor. Twice have I ever fed on a human that wasn’t in Jail or on Death row. And that was because there were children in danger! I’m not a monster!” The wind had significantly picked up as she began to get upset.

“why did you even come to forks. Aren’t you a threat to Bella? Even though I hate her if you are a threat I can’t allow my self to be ok with this,” They had arrived at Paul’s house and he was standing on the porch and she was standing firmly in the grass letting the wind whip around her.

“I was asked to come to forks yes, But listen to me and listen good because my patients are growing increasingly thin,” She warned. “I do not care about Isabella swan. I find her obnoxious and needy and not worth my father’s time. I don’t care if Edward ever turns her. People are expendable. They die unless turned and that is up to the Cullen’s not to me. I don’t care what they even do with her! As long as she doesn’t go blabbing our existence to the world she’s fine and I am no threat to her!”

There was a long silence between the two wind whipping around angrily. Kitten couldn’t take this. She couldn’t handle his behavior and his hate towards her. She didn’t care about Bella. She was only joining the fight to protect the other Cullen’s but it was clear that he hated her. She turned around intent on storming away because this was useless. She’d rather fight Vitoria then deal with the supposed love of her life hating her.

“Wait,” She stopped her movements but barely, She was now walking at a human’s pace away from him instead of vampire speed. “Hey, Kitten wait!” He shouted jogging after her easily catching up. “look I’m sorry I didn’t mean to..” he sighed trying to find the words for the way he’d just treated her. He reached out and touched her arm.

“Look if you really hate me that much when my friend comes to visit me we’ll use her power and she’ll convince you I never existed alright?” She heaved out a human sigh to make it seem that much more dramatic. Paul sighed and shook his head gently pulling her into his arms though she could resist if she wished.

“I don’t hate you, I’m just confused, it’s not easy when I’ve got Jacobs animosity running through my brain, It makes things that much harder,” he admitted as he looked at her trying to figure out if she was going to turn around and come to his house or continue to run away.

“Then give me a chance, Let me show you at the battle I’m not a bad person….vampire….hybrid. I’m not a bad hybrid,” She raised her other hand to her hair tossing it about for a moment before focusing back on Paul. “Please,” She let her eyes show the hurt she’d been feeling in hopes that maybe he’d understand.

“Alright,” He finally gave in. “come on let’s get back to my place so you can get your strength back. The battle will be any day now, and you need your strength,” He released his grip on her arm and lead the way back to his place as she willingly followed. What could it hurt, she needed him as much as he needed her even if they weren’t on the best of terms.