Status: Currently in the works.

Playing With Fire

Chapter Four

Today was the day, They’d spent all week preparing for this fight. They knew it was coming and they knew today was the day. Kitten was already in the field with the Cullen’s. Bella had been taken up to a secluded location to be hidden from the newborns. Kitten glanced around her surroundings, she was ready for this. She knew the wolves were hiding in the woods until given the correct timing. She worried about her wolves and yes she referred to them as HER wolves all but Jacob. Bella could keep Jacob. He still hated Kitten.

“They are coming,” Alice announced and they all took their positions. “they just caught Bella’s scent on the trees, here we go,” She updated once more before the new borns appeared insight. Kitten smirked because this she could handle there wasn’t even a ton of them and she could manipulate all of them. This would be so easy.

“Everybody ready for their screamers, Jasper don’t focus on their confusion, just attack,” Kitten warned as she charged her power on full blast. See that was the thing about her power she could take out a whole second of people with little to no focus. It didn’t just affect one person depending on what she wanted from it. This time she was spreading it across the field. Immediately as soon as her power sunk into their skulls the wolves jumped out of their hiding place and the attacks began.

Then Kitten helped out even further by disabling their scenes. All but their smell because their smell is what would drive them into the arms of the Cullen’s and the wolves. She didn’t even have to get her hands dirty as she projected her powers onto the field of angry blood thirst New borns. Thankful for the Cullen’s who had her back covered because if she was approached from behind her power would be weak enough that she could be attacked but she was put together differently so she may get injured but death wouldn’t occur. She could hear Paul’s thoughts radiating through hers but she didn’t lose focus.

Soon enough the army was completely eradicated and her power faded as Carlisle and Esme called her attention. “What is it?” She questioned finding an undestroyed newborn clutching at her throat and looking terrified.

“We’ll take full responsibility for her, she doesn’t need to be killed.” Esme sounded as if she was begging. The new born was young, Kitten bent down looking at her, she tilted her head to the side allowing the scared new borns thoughts into her head. She frowned before nodding towards Esme and Carlisle.

“She may be spared,” Kitten stood back up the feeling of the selected few of the volturi guard approaching. “Get Edward and Bella, they are coming to see what happened.” She nodded towards Alice who looked toward Embry and then Embry raced up the mountain to Seth who quickly relayed the message to Edward and Bella.

“What do they want,” Edward asked as he appeared and Kitten rolled her eyes. What did the volturi always want…especially Jane. They wanted action they wanted to see if the cullens were destroyed and who may have survived the fight.

“Oh! Princess is with them!” Kitten clapped her hands together while the rest looked confused. Who was Princess? Edward growled because he was the only one that knew of Princess existence you’d think he’d be more kind seeing as she was part of the reason Bella was still alive.

“Her little blood sucking lover,” Edward spat and Kitten ignored him to eager to see her Princess than to deal with Edward’s annoyance right now. It only took a few seconds before the guard appeared before them. Jan, Alec, Demetri, Felix, and Princess standing there in their cloaks looking more dangerous than ever but Kitten was un phased.

“Interesting fight we missed,” Jane mused looking towards Kitten. “You fought on their side, Aro would be so disappointed,” She frowned.

“Aro wouldn’t care, I am allowed to do as I please Jane, It is you that is bound by his rule,” She smirked loving getting under Jane’s cold icy skin. Because who was Jane to judge her.

“She is right, Aro wouldn’t care, she and I do as we please, Aro would treasure us either way,” Princess spoke up from behind Jane because she wasn’t as strong as the other vampires so she needed to be protected but she knew she was in no danger with Kitten around.

“Whatever, You seemed to have missed a newborn,” Jane noticed smirking and flickering her red eyes from Kitten to the new born attempting to use her power on the new born but with Kitten in her way she couldn’t. “Felix, destroy that thing, I’d like to go home,” She announced.

“That thing, has a name and she will not be harmed,” Kitten spoke with authority causing Felix to stop in his tracks and almost automatically kneel at Kitten’s command.

“She must be! We do not allow second chances!” Jane argued getting frustrated. Princess stepped forward past Jane and Alec and took Kitten’s hand.

“Her name is Bree Tanner and she will not be harmed. The Cullen’s have vowed to take responsibility for her, they are not lying. They wish her to remain alive so she shall,” Princess spoke her voice thick with her manipulation technique. That was one of Princess strongest powers the ability to make any one do whatever she wanted. Not to mention she was the only other vampire that could get in Kitten’s head.

“But what about Bella! She’s still human!” Alec argued trying to defend his sister knowing there was no use arguing about the new born.

“She will be turned, I was not lying when I said Alice’s vision was correct, They will turn her eventually, that is none of your concern you may be leaving now,” Princess spoke again her power thick in her voice. “You will tell Aro that I have decided to stay here for at least a week and that I am safe with Kitten,” She instructed and Jane simply nodded.

“Fine, we shall be going,” Jane signaled for the guard to follow her as they quickly disappeared. Kittens squealed and wrapped her arms around princess waist pulling her close.

“I’ve missed you so much babe!” She held on. Princess let out a small laugh of sorts before pulling away and pressing a kiss to her girlfriend’s sweet lips. She’d missed the girl even though it had only been maybe a short month at the most but none the less they had missed each other.

“I have missed you as well, come let’s get back to your house yes?” Princess hummed gently taking her hand. Both girls about to skip off towards her home when Edward thought something snippy before saying it.

“What about Paul, You’ve been staying with him for the past three days you don’t think he’ll wonder where you are?” Kitten growled lowly towards Edward.

“If I were you I would turn around, take your pathetic human and your new responsibility and head back to your house and let me worry about my lovers,” Kitten snapped taking Princess hand. “come let me explain to you what has happened over the last month my love,” She smiled and the girl simply nodded following her close

“New lover?” Princess questioned disappointment scribbled all over her face. Kitten shook her head replaying the whole situation for Princess in her head so she could see just how much of a struggle things had been for her lately. “Oh love, I didn’t know the wolves were real!” She frowned “Isn’t he dangerous to you?”

“not quite, the only one of them that doesn’t like me is Jacob. Bella’s little wolfie boyfriend, I on the other hand am adored by all of the…and my imprint is learning to love me,” She shrugged opening her house door a little shocked by the sudden smell.

“What is that...” Princess trailed off as she looked around the house.

“ I was worried sick!” Paul rushed forward wrapping his arms around Kitten and tugging her close pressing his lips to her forehead and holding on to her as if his life depended on it. “I thought those people were going to rip you to shreds! Jacob said they did awful things to vampires that weren’t in their group or whatever!” Paul gushed checking over Kitten for any injuries.

“Paul seriously, Your leech makes thee best cupcakes,” Embry laughed stepping out of the kitchen a cupcake pressed into his face glancing at Paul and Kitten before looking at the green eyed beauty next to her holding her hand awkwardly. Suddenly the world shifted under Embry’s feet. Paul felt it as did Kitten. Embry had just imprinted on Princess.

“What’s that strange feeling in my chest Kitten, What has he done?” Princess looked a little panicked but Kitten simply pulled away from Paul and kissed her hand gently.

“remember that feeling that you saw I had when Paul imprinted? That’s what you are feeling now, Embry one of Paul’s wolf brothers has imprinted on you,” Kitten explained. “There is nothing to be afraid of my dear,” She promised rubbing her hand along Princess startled face. “he is not immune to your powers so if you do not wish this, it doesn’t have to stay that way, but his bond to you changes nothing between us,” She promised and Princess rose an eyebrow looking a little confused but relieved.

“What’s your name boy?” Princess called out and Embry hit the ground on one knee before looking up at her.

“Embry,” He looked over to Paul who just shrugged because Paul of all people knew how this went and there was no fighting it. Princess let out a joyed noise before walking forward and touching Embry’s face. She was half human unlike Kitten she had a strange heartbeat, which made it a little easier on Embry that his imprint wasn’t a… thing like Kitten.

“SERIOUSLY!?” Kitten snapped looking towards Embry. “A thing! How many times do I have to tell you all I’m NOT a THING. I’m a HYBRID. Not a THING,” Kitten rubbed her temples as if she was getting a headache but really it was a habit she’d picked up on after watching the humans for so long. Princess let out a quiet giggle.

“Oh Kitten, that never has failed to get on your last nerve,” She smiled innocently. “Embry, that’s quite a handsome name,” She hummed focusing back on her now Imprint. How was she going to explain this to Aro. She couldn’t as well go back to Volterra when her imprint lived here in Forks with Kitten.

“I will deal with Aro,” Kitten didn’t even need to read her thoughts. It was clear on her lovers face that she was stressing about telling Aro. “Aro will do whatever I ask. He can not hurt them with out hurting us there for it will not happen,” She promised stepping towards Paul who was still looking at Princess Skeptically worried she might harm his Imprint.

“I would be moving in with you I assume,” Princess asked softly and Kitten nodded. “I would like that very much,” she smiled and watched as Embry stood back up he was seriously a beautiful boy but this was getting to be a mess.

“She can’t do me any harm Paul, it will be ok. She is half human half vampire. I’m immune to her powers of manipulation but that is all. She is the only one that can even remotely harm me and she won’t because she loves me,” The smaller vampire hybrid promised as she looked over Paul’s hesitant figure.

“Hurt you? Why would I do such a thing!? Why on earth does the think I would hurt you!” Princess brows furrowed together looking at Paul rather offended.

“He’s protective, Embry will be the same way of you now, you’ll get to witness it when we are around the Cullen’s and the other wolves especially Jacob, Do not panic my love,” Kitten soothed as she reached out rubbing the back of her hand smiling intensely. Now she had everything she needed her Princess and her Paul but how was this going to work? What danger would this cause and was Edward Cullen now a danger to them?