Status: Currently in the works.

Playing With Fire

Chapter Five

You are cordially invited to Edward Masen Cullen and Isabella Marie Swans wedding. “Oh fun! I do love weddings! Princess! Edward and Bella are getting married and they’ve asked us to show up!” Kitten cheered as she danced back into the house. It was just her and Princess at the house today. Paul had to finish studying for his finals as did Embry. Sam got cranky when the boys didn’t pass their classes. Thankfully for her Paul was in his last year of classes as was Embry.

“Oh really? We were invited?” Princess questioned as she appeared in the room holding a bowl of fruit in her hands a questioning look in her vibrant green eyes. Kitten waved the invitation around laughing,

“Seems we are the last one to get our invitations seeing as tomorrow is the day, I think they were hoping we wouldn’t get it,” Kitten sounded amused as she sat down on the couch and looked over the invite, “seems he doesn’t plan on turning her until after the wedding I’d assume,” She shrugged not really caring when Bella was turned but eager to see if Bella was as obnoxious as a vampire as she was a human.

“She’s really annoying,” Princess glanced over to Kitten. “You ooze irritation whenever she’s around, Makes me want to punch her,” she leaned back into the couch.

“Well can you blame me, she’s put Paul in danger more than once and I don’t appreciate it,” The smaller hybrid huffed shaking her head. “The other Cullen’s aren’t exactly friends with the wolves, I’ve seen it in their thoughts. Emmett doesn’t really like the wolves but Jasper does, I don’t trust them around my wolves,”

“Our wolves,” The taller Hybrid corrected a crooked smile on her lips. Kitten simply chuckled because she was right they weren’t just her wolves any more they were their wolves. They shared them now.

“Yes My love, Our wol-“ Kitten gripped at her chest feeling strangely, Like something was wrong. She felt dizzy and sick like she was going to throw up every thing she’d eaten today and that wasn’t even possible. “Something wrong,” Princess looked at her before the sensation hit her as well.

“I feel it too,” She gasped as if the air was being cut off from her. “Embry!” Princess cried as a picture of him flashed in her mind panic raced through her.

“Kitten! Princess!” Seth came racing into the little hut Jared at his heels. “Something’s happened!” Seth was practically crying he was so distraught by whatever what going on. Kitten stood up swaying on her feet.

“Take us to Paul and Embry Now,” Princess commanded letting her emotions control the power of her voice. Seth nodded shifting into his wolf form. Princess hopped on his back and as soon as Jared phase Kitten climbed on his back feeling to unsteady to run through the forest right now. It took only a few short seconds before they were on the reservation.

“Where are they!” Kitten demanded. Seth woofed to calm her down sending her mental thoughts to try and calm her.

“the infirmary, Carlisle’s with them,” Seth thought as loud as he could because he could tell both girls were panicked. After what seemed like forever to the two vampires they arrived at a run down building. Kitten was the first off her wolf and running inside Princess hot on her tail.

“Paul!” She practically screamed as she arrived in the cabin. She spotted her wolf laying on a bed blood steadily coming from his side. And he was sweeting worse than she’d ever seen, Parts of him looked like they’d just been broken but the heat of his body was starting to heal them in the wrong way. Carlisle was steadily trying to re break his the bones so they’d heal correctly and Kitten wanted to set fire to him.

“Embry!” She glanced over to see Princess rushing to Embry’s side. He looked like he was in slightly better shape then Paul. His wounds were barely bleeding any more as his body healed quickly but his midsection was in a cast as well as his arm and it looked like the tip of his ear was missing. That wouldn’t grow back. No matter how advanced wolves were body parts didn’t just grow back.

“What the hell HAPPENED!?” Kitten was infuriated because there were to many thoughts and Paul was in so much pain it was hindering her ability to focus on any one particular thought. She wanted to scream.

“It was all a miss understanding,” Carlisle tried to explain as he finished re breaking Paul’s bones on the right side of his body mean while the wound didn’t seem to be healing like it should be. It made Kitten nervous.

“I don’t give a flying fuck what you call it! Tell us what happened this instant!” Princess demanded as she threaded her fingers through Embry’s hair gently trying to calm him.

“Jacob and Edward, They didn’t mean to harm the boys,” Carlisle stuttered again trying to find away Princess order unfortunately for him Sam walked in as Carlisle continued to stuttered.

“Jacob brought Bella to the reservation yesterday and Kissed her while on our land. Bella hadn’t wanted him to kiss so she’d punched him, Edward broke the treaty and rushed onto the land to protect Bella. I ordered Paul and Embry to attack sensing a vampire on our land not knowing it was Edward,”

“Edward did this?” Paul reached out to touch kitten but she looked at him apologetically pulling away. “I don’t want to burn you,” She warned as fire flared from her finger tips as she looked at Carlisle in warning.

“Jacob is naturally alpha male, and I didn’t know he had an agreement with the Cullen’s that they were allowed on our land simply for Bella’s sake,” Sam continued. “if I would have known I would have investigated and not sent out my two fiercest fighters out to protect the land,” He looked at kitten a little startled by the fire coming from her fingertips.

“This is not explaining how our boys were injured!” Princess snapped and Sam nodded holding his hand up as if to signal patients but obviously that wasn’t about to come from either hybrid.

“When Paul and Embry showed up thinking Edward broke the treaty they lunged to attack, Jacob phased and He and Edward assumed Paul and Embry were after Bella and they attacked,” Carlisle finished wanting to get the brunt of it over with.

“They switched on an off. Embry was smaller much less of a target. Edward went after him and fought him off easily by breaking on one of his legs and one of his arms and biting off his ear and obviously taking some other chunks out of his skin, the venom that’s been introduced into Embry’s body is causing a slow healing rate and until he burns off the venom he needs to stay in bed, But he will be fine Jacob stayed away from him,” Sam explained looking over at Princess as she stroked Embry’s cheek.

“And Paul?” Seth asked concerned he’d seen the whole fight but he didn’t know what injuries they had or why Paul wasn’t healing.

“Jacob attacked Paul, and as soon as Edward was done he joined in. They broke his bones many of them practically collapsed his chest and Edward took a chunk out of his side as you can see, then Edward spit in the wound,” Carlisle frowned. “That’s why it’s not healing. I can’t get the bleeding to stop, We could lose him,” Kitten’s eyes widened.

“No! If he dies I will kill Edward and Bella both! And Jacob will suffer a dire consequence!” Kitten warned. “let me try!” she snarled burning Carlisle as she shoved him aside cracking his fragile skin. She looked at Paul wanting to cry. “I’m going to see if I can’t burn what’s bleeding, then I’m going to try and heal you but I don’t know if I can,” She promised kneeling besides Paul’s bed. “Then I’m going to ruin Edward,”

“Princess please, do something,” Carlisle begged knowing Kitten’s anger could destroy his whole family if she wasn’t careful.

“Shush, Let her do her work,” Princess snipped towards the doctor. Everyone watched in silence as Kitten got her hands bloody burning the area’s that were bleeding the most before seeing her hands in the wound and beginning to focus all her power on them. She continued to focus all her energy on his wounds. The deepest ones first simply to get the bleeding stopped but she was quickly loosing energy. “Kitten,” Princess called standing up and walking over to her side and setting her hand on Kitten’s shoulder.

“I can’t do it,” She practically sobbed her body heaving as if she was crying. She couldn’t heal him like she wanted to.

“You’ve stopped the bleeding,” Carlisle carefully stepped over assessing the damages. “The bleeding that was killing him you’ve managed to stop it, The rest of his wounds will heal in time. As the venom burns out of his system he will recover. But I do not know how long that will take.” He warned not wanting to upset the girl any further.

“He’s going to be ok Kitten, They are both going to be ok,” Princess murmured pressing a kiss to Kitten’s temple trying to sooth her because if she went out after Edward like this death would come to those people Kitten cared about.

“Edward will pay,” She promised and Princess nodded her head in agreement.

“But not today, We shall wait until the time is right, then he will Pay and no one else has to get hurt,” Her persuasion thick as she spoke to Kitten, she had no choice. This was one of those times Kitten had to be controlled or she’d lose control. Kitten growled aware of what was happening but allowing Princess to control her.

“As you wish my Princess,” She promised moving gingerly to Paul’s head and beginning to stroke his hair lightly. “You are going to be ok Paul, They will pay for what they’ve done to you,” she pressed a kiss to his temple then his lips.

“ I assume you will not be joining us for the wedding tomorrow?” Carlisle asked sheepishly, both girls let out a bitter laugh.

“We will be there, you can bet on that,” Princess growled. “Do not try and stop us either. We are aware there will be humans there, we will not do any harm to anyone. But we will be there and our presence will be known,” She warned and Carlisle nodded.

“You may leave now, Our doctors can take it from here,” Sam snapped at Carlisle and he simply nodded as he vanished into the dark day outside.

“Paul,” Kitten sighed gently as he lifted his head slightly looking at her he started to fuss and move around. “Shh, Shh it’s ok, we are ok Paul. I promise. I’m not going to let anything hurt you ever again,” She reassured him pressing another soft kiss to his lips.

“Embry, is Embry ok?” Paul coughed out and Kitten let out a quiet laugh because of course he was worried about his pack mate instead of himself.

“Embry will be just fine Paul,” Princess smiled as she had climbed onto the small hospital bed and was pressing gentle kisses all over Embry’s face and shoulders. “He has me, that’s all he needs, He will be fine right Embry?” Embry let out a very weak laugh but nodded his head.

“Yeah, with you by my side I’ll be good,” His voice was a little huskier than normal and he was sitting up a little now proving he was burning off the venom much faster than Paul seemed to be.

“Good,” Paul coughed again and turned his attention back to Kitten, “Are you ok?” he questioned reaching a weak unbroken arm over and touching her face. Kitten hummed gently and tried not to shake with sadness and anger again.

“I’m fine, worried sick about you, Please relax,” She urged reaching her hand up pressing it against his on her face. Paul gave her a semi cheesy smile the best one he could manage.

“You go ruin that wedding tomorrow, that’ll help me relax,” He pointed out and that did make Kitten’s anger subside a little.

“Oh I plan on crashing that wedding and with Princess by my side it will be fantastic,” she promised. “Now, Rest my love you have had a rough day, I promise I will not leave your side until I have to leave for the wedding tomorrow,”

“Get on the bed with me, I want you closer,” he sounded a little childish and Kitten couldn’t help but allow a small smile to creep up on her lips as she climbed onto the bed curling up next to him on the bed.

“Alright you big baby,” She teased setting her head against his shoulder and her hand gently circled the only uninjured areas of his chest. “I love you Paul Lahtoe,” Paul let his eyes close as he buried his nose in her hair.

“I love you too Kitten, more than you could possibly understand,” She rolled her eyes and laughed kissing his chest lightly.

“Shut up and sleep,” She teased light heartedly and after a minute of him resisting just to be an ass, he closed his eyes allowing himself to drift into a light sleep.

“Took you long enough,” Princess smirked “All I had to say was Sleep and he did! So much convincing, so much work,” She stuck her tongue out at Kitten who again just rolled her eyes and shook her head at her other lover.

“Shush you, not everyone gets what they want right away,” she shifted on the bed to get more comfortable. “I hope you are planning our outfits in your head because I’m planning that wonderful wedding crash we have tomorrow,” Princess just laughed and nodded.

“You know me too well, now you should rest as well, You’ll need your strength for tomorrow” Kitten yawned.

“no fair,” She pouted but it wasn’t long before she was drifting off to sleep against Paul as well.