Status: *Trigger warning further in the story* ex: cutting

Stop the Butterflies

Shivering Bones

~3rd person~
The blankets roughly moved around as Crimson began to wake. She pulled up a blanket, wrapped it around her, and took it with her to go eat breakfast. Today was another school day. Crimson had been bullied in school since she was in 3rd grade. It started with someone calling her one name, then soon everyone joined in.
~Crimson's POV~
I awoke to the sound of the alarm. I grumbled under my breath before pulling a woolly blanket with me, cuddling it like a stuffed animal, and walked over towards my clock to shut it off. I exited my room and climbed down the new, slick stairs, hoping not to fall off. I finally made it down the stairs, sighing. School wasn't exactly on my list of fun things to do. Anyways, I decided to make myself some cereal before today began. I took out the carton of milk and began pouring.
I wiped off any extra milk that had been poured over the counter before grabbing a metal spoon and sitting down, ready to eat.
I quickly washed the silverware and bowl before racing upstairs to throw on some clothes. I put together some red Vans, black skinny jeans, and a white v-neck tee. I threw over a jacket to complete the look.
I ran back downstairs grabbing my backpack then walked outside waiting for my bus. The bus finally appeared up the street coming towards me.
The bus stopped giving me a chance to run across the street and get on. I sat in the far back seat of the bus then plugged in some earphones, listening to a couple of my favorite songs.
I didn't want to look like an idiot looking at the blank screen of a phone, so I looked out the window instead. Suddenly, I felt my seat sink in and I knew someone decided to sit next to me. Who would possibly want to sit next to the 'freak'? I turned around to see a boy staring at me with the bluest blue eyes.
They melted my heart, but I quickly snapped my head back around. His hair was brown and swept to the side. It fell perfectly in place and his smile was brighter than any other sun. I looked back briefly to find him looking at me again.
I froze in complete shock at why he would stare at me. He didn't seem to respond, so I waved my hand in front of his face. He slightly smiled at me again before turning away from me and speaking to a random girl next to him.
Next thing I realized was that he had dimples. I personally loved guys with dimples. His skin was tanned and fit his face perfectly. I should try to talk to him sometime. Hah. That'll never happen, Crimson. No one likes you.
These were the thoughts that I thought of everyday. I avoided them and looked back out the window again. I black out before what happened next. There was a tap on my shoulder. I awoke from pitch darkness to find the boy waking me up from a deep sleep.
He smiled gently before saying anything. "The bus is stopped, and I just thought you would want to know."
I looked around to find that the bus had stopped. We were on the middle of a random road. "Where are we?" I quietly asked, trying to avoid being yelled at.
He never yelled once though. He answered calmly to where I could understand him. "We were on the way to school when the bus broke down. We're in the middle of the old dirt road. It'll be about 1 hour before another bus gets here." I nodded slowly before attempting to turn away from him when his fingers glided onto my shoulders and spun me around to face him.
I swear my face was on fire basically and my heart raced two time more than normal. My stomach ached with the feeling of butterflies and I could basically feel the anxiety. "Oh, yeah, and I like your music by the way. When you fell asleep, your earbuds were hanging from your phone, so I wanted to know what you listened to. Pierce The Veil was a great choice."
I didn't answer back though. His face went from a bright smile to an uncertain look. "My name's Barrier, by the way." He raised his hand up in the air. I shook his hand then whispered to myself,"My name's Crimson." I fiddled with my thumbs and looked deeply at him.
All he did was blink and continue on. "Nice to meet you Crimson! Now, are you very good at math because I'm not!" I looked to see his math workbook laying in his lap and a pencil thumping on it very quietly. I grabbed the pencil from his hands to only find that I had accidentally put my hand on top of his. Shivers ran through me like electricity, but I pulled away quickly. "S-Sorry. I was gonna help, but if you don't need help anymore then I understand."
He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion and replied. "I don't mind at all. No problem with it." His head was lifted confidentially compared to mine which was drooping.
I helped him through all of his homework just in time before the new bus got here. We climbed into the new bus, but he sat somewhere else this time. I sighed knowing he wouldn't stay long and that no one ever does.
♠ ♠ ♠
Super long I know, but this is based off of what is happening to me right now.