Status: *Trigger warning further in the story* ex: cutting

Stop the Butterflies

Broken tiles

~Crimson's POV~
I arrived at school to see Barrier talking to a bunch of the popular girls. Basically the ones who have to have a boyfriend just because everyone else does. I was going to walk away, but then I heard something I shouldn't of. One of the popular girls, Mary Mads, asked Barrier a question I would never forget. You see, Mary was the unlucky popular without the boyfriend. "Will you go out with me?"
I watched Barrier struggle to answer and just ended up shrugging his arms. "Why not." My heart dropped and I felt like he was blinded and fooled. I stepped up for the first time and sassed Mary. "Excuse me, but just because you're extremely in need of a boyfriend doesn't mean you can just date anyone you want. That's not how it works. You actually have to like the person you're dating. Oh wait, I forgot, you've never liked any of them!" I chuckled out loud. "Oh and you." I snapped my fingers towards Barrier. He smirked a little but which kept bothering me, but I tried to ignore it. "Don't date anyone you don't want to. It won't get you anywhere." I shut my eyes in frustration and scoffed loudly.
"Okay, princess." Barrier teased with the same smirk covering his face. The other girls just walked away rolling their eyes. "Man, they are full of it!" I complained pointing back towards then. "Thanks for getting me out of that." He replied in thanks. "Your welcome. No one wants to deal with them anymore." I teasingly rolled my eyes, still annoyed by them.
"I'm not actually going to date her, just so you know." He looked over at me with his eyes staring into mine. "Yeah I figured." I shrugged my shoulders shy once more. "Oh so back to being shy again I see?"
I laughed to myself before replying. "Yeah. It's how I keep my reputation here. It's not like I can get any worse..." He looked confused at what I had said. I shut my mouth with my hands after saying that and began to turn around when he pulled me back to face him. "What do you mean?" He replied holding my hands in his.
I looked down at what he was doing and pulled my hands away from his. "Sorry!" He said blushing. Wow, he easily blushes. "It's fine. I don't mind really. Where do you live? Not being too personal. I thought you might want to hang out and I could tell you about, um, what I had just said." He nodded and looked down at his feet. "I live at-" He was cut off by a tall kid walking towards him.
"Hey Barrier!" The over friendly boy said wrapping his arm around him as for a buddy hug. "Who's this?" He scoffed pointing towards me. "That's Crimson." The tall teen leaned towards Barrier's ear whispering something unheard. Barrier looked up at the tall teen and shook his head. He looked really pissed. I decided it would be a good time to go now. "I-I should get going..." I wrote my phone number on a piece of paper and handed it to Barrier then ran off, hoping he still wasn't angry.
Later in science class, I could help but think about him. Why was he so mad? What had that tall boy told him? Does he hate me now? All these questions kept me from paying attention to the teacher. I jumped out of my seat when Mrs. Goodwill walked over towards me, tapping a ruler on my desk. "Answer the question, Crimson." I didn't even know what we had been learning about this whole class.
I was hoping it was about animal life, so I talked a little but about that. She seemed pleased with me, so I guess I got it right. "Correct! Continuing on." Her lesson continued on until the bell had rang.
Next up was lunch. This is going to be tough...
♠ ♠ ♠
This is seriously based on my life right now. Only if all of it was true *sigh*