Status: Hi friends! So, I’m starting this fic and, I’ve only ever written oneshots before ?? So, sorry the chapters are a little short right now, they’ll get better! Uh, I hope you enjoy <3

Under a Paper Moon

Chapter 1

Jack walked into his second block class, geometry; aka the worst fucking class known to man.

"Goddammit." He muttered as he dropped into his chair. Running a hand through his hair, he thought back to how he didn’t do last class’ homework. If Jack actually gave a fuck about this class, maybe just maybe he would’ve cared. Instead he let his head fall into his arms on the desk and closed his eyes. It wasn’t like he was tired, it was only second block, nine am. Sure, that’s pretty early, but given he had gym first block, he was wide awake. Jack never really liked math, he wasn’t particularly good at it, so the class bored him.

"Mr. Barakat I assume by your position, it means you don’t have today’s homework?" His teacher; Mrs. Tanski’s voice sounded above him, making him jump a bit.

"Uh, no." He mumbled, bringing up his head but keeping his eyes trained on the desk.

"One more missing assignment, and you’ll earn yourself a block five." She warned as she walked back up the aisle and moved on to the the next row of desks. Mrs. Tanski wasn’t a mean teacher, she was actually way more lenient with missing homework’s opposed to other teachers. But, she was a bad teacher. She was the kind that stands in front all class and drone on and on about formulas and whatnot. Which is another thing Jack couldn’t stand about class. He had a bit of a short attention span, and always needed to keep things energetic. This class was the exact opposite of energetic. After Mrs. Tanski was done checking homework, she stood at the front, dry erase marker ready.

"Okay class, today we will be learning how to prove congruent triangles." That was the class’ cue to take out their notebooks and get ready to take notes. However for Jack, that was his cue to tune out and doodle.

"There are four ways to prove a triangle. You could use the SSS, and SAS postulates, or the ASA, and AAS theorems." Jack could hear his teacher explain. He sighed, and turned his head trying see if there was anything interesting enough stare at. None of the girls were attractive, I guess thats not fair to say considering Jack found guys to be attractive, but there were no good looking guys here either. He mentally groaned, and had to restrain himself from bashing his head multiple times on the desk due boredom. He glanced at the clock only to see that twenty minutes had gone by and there was still an hour of class left.

Jack decided he didn't hate math, no, he absolutely loathed it. And because he loathed this class, he decided to be a little rebel and ‘vandalize’ his deck. He took his pencil and drew a line. Jack didn’t know exactly what to put there. Song lyrics? Say how bored he was? Doodle a rocket ship? He decided to go with the rocket ship, chuckling softly to himself as he went. He was just putting finishing touches on his masterpiece when a piece of paper was placed on his desk.

"Basically this worksheet is just stuff we learned today. You have the rest of class to finish it, which is just about twenty minutes. You may work with a partner, but you have to keep quiet." Mrs. Tanski told the class as she sat at her desk. Jacks eyes went wide, realizing he hasn't payed attention all class and only knew like one thing.

"Will these be collected?" This girl; Julianna, shouted out.

"Hmm, no. We’ll go over them next class as a warm up." She said, easing Jack’s worried nerves. With a sigh of relief, Jack began stuffing his notebook and worksheet into his backpack. He dropped his head back on the desk, waiting for the bell to ring. Eventually the bell rung, and Jack rose from his seat letting his eyes drift across the desk admiring his artwork before heading towards the door. He giggled to himself as he walked to his next class, wondering how the next person sitting there would respond. Tell the teacher? Erase it? Simply ignore it? Jack daydreamed about all the possibilities in the rest of his classes.