Status: Hi friends! So, I’m starting this fic and, I’ve only ever written oneshots before ?? So, sorry the chapters are a little short right now, they’ll get better! Uh, I hope you enjoy <3

Under a Paper Moon

Chapter 2

Alex trudged into his geometry class. Today was just not going in his favor. First he slept in late, so he couldn't do his hair. Then, he had to run to the bus stop, almost forgetting his backpack. Once he got to school, he noticed he forgot his lunch and realized he had to get a shitty school lunch. And to top it off, he has geometry today. Yeah, today is definitely not going his way.

Alex sat in his seat, and pulled out his notebook. He didn't like geometry, but he was good at it for some odd reason. Geometry didn't make any fucking sense to him, yet he had managed to maintain high 90's every quarter. It confused Alex too, because all he does is stare off into space and mindlessly writes down the notes. He shook his head as the bell rung, signaling the class was starting.

“Alright,” Mrs. Tanski started, grabbing her clipboard. “I’m gonna go around and check the homework, then we’ll start today’s lesson”

Alex frowned a little, flipping his notebook to the page of his homework. He didn't really understand it, so he wrote down a bunch of numbers hoping Mrs. Tanski wouldn't notice.
Alex absolutely hated Mrs. Tanski. He hates her more than geometry itself. He hates her even more for teaching geometry. She was fucking boring, and a sarcastic little bitch. Alex was sarcastic too, but not in a bitchy way like her. She tries to hard to be funny, almost in a way you feel bad for her. It wasn't only Alex who didn't like her, most of the students who had her didn't like her either.

"Ah, Alex, was the homework easy?" Mrs. Tanski asked, looking down at her clipboard and already marking Alex a 10/10.

"Yeah, it was." Alex didn't feel bad lying to her. He didn't understand it, she was a terrible teacher, it wasn't like saying anything else would make a difference.

Minutes later, Mrs. Tanski was at the front of the room again, ready to start her final class of the day.

"Okay, we've done proofs in the past, and those were fairly easy. Today, we will be learning how t prove congruent triangles." She explained as she turned around to write on the board.

Alex picked up his pencil and started jotting down notes, when his eyes caught something on his desk. A rocket ship? Alex put his pencil down, leaning in towards the desk to inspect the drawing. It was a rocket ship blasting off of their school, a kid hanging out the rocket ship window with a huge grin on his face. Alex giggled to himself softly as he thought about who could have done this. It was no secret that nobody likes geometry, so when he saw 'I'm bored' was stated above the rocket ship, he had to mutually agree.

"Alex," Mr. Tanski called, pulling said boy out of his thoughts. "What's the difference between a flow proof and a two column proof?" Alex panicked a bit, looking behind his teacher and searching the board for an answer.

"Uh, a flow proof uses arrows to point to the reasons, while a two column proof is just a statement and reason column?" He said with a questioning tone, stopping himself before he muttered an "I don't know' at the end.

"Yes, its somewhere along those lines. But, for this unit we'll be using two column proofs, they're much easier to do." Mrs. Tanski went on to say before Alex was again looking at the rocket ship.

It was drawn on the upper left corner of the desk, and Alex wondered how Mrs. Tanski hadn't noticed. Then again, it's public school, if she noticed why would she give a shit? Vandalizing a desk is the least criminal thing you can do in school. He decided to give a little rebuttal to the rocket ship, and started drawing in the bottom right hand corner. Except, his wasn't going to be about how he was bored, it was going to be more along the lines of his dislike towards their teacher.

Once he was finished, he put his pencil down and smiled proudly at his piece of work. His doodle was a bit smaller than the rocket ship, but you could still notice it if you sat at the desk.

"This worksheets will be due next class. You may hear from other classes that they're doing them for warm ups next class, and that is true. But, you guys are my more intelligent class. I know you'll have them done." Alex heard as a worksheet was passed back to him.

Now, he may not like geometry, and he may not understand what was being taught, but he still liked getting good grades. Looking down at the worksheet, he saw that proofs weren't going to be as easy as just putting random numbers on the page. He would actually attempt it, but he only wrote down two notes.

"Fuck." Alex muttered, running a hand through his mop of hair. He argued with himself in his head, as he pretended to work on the sheet. He came to a final decision just as the bell rung.

Use Google.
♠ ♠ ♠
I will try to make chapters longer, I swear!