Status: Hi friends! So, I’m starting this fic and, I’ve only ever written oneshots before ?? So, sorry the chapters are a little short right now, they’ll get better! Uh, I hope you enjoy <3

Under a Paper Moon

Chapter 8

"Please tell me, please tell me whyyyy my car is in the front yard. And I'm sleeping with my clothes on. Came in through the window last night, and you're gone. Gone." Jack came walking through the door singing.
"You've got a nice voice there, Jacky boy. Good song choice too." Alex winked, throwing a rag at him.
It was the last day of their cleaning detention, and the boys had gotten abnormally close. Well, not abnormal to everyone else, abnormal to them considering they never really gotten along.

"Ready to have your ass beaten by me?" Jack laughed, rubbing one of the desks down.
"Oh please, Tanski likes me way more than you. You totally know she picked me every time." Alex boasted, cleaning his own table.

The boys had Mrs. Tanski "grade" each persons cleaning job, and she was keeping score. Neither boy knew who was winning or who was losing. Today would be the day they would finally find out. The bet had changed from 'who can clean their desks the fastest' to 'who can clean their desks the best'. After the first two days of who could clean the fastest, Mrs. Tanski made them stay longer because the desks weren't up to her satisfaction.

"Bullshit, she may like you better, but I can clean better. I'm the best at it."
"Pft, yeah right. The youngest is never good at cleaning."
"Says the guy who is an only child."
"Touche motherfucker, touche."
"Hey, I'm only a motherfucker if it's your mom!" Jack laughed, sticking his tongue out at Alex.
"Careful, next time you do that I'm gonna bite it." Alex teased, biting the air to show how serious he was.
"Come at me fuckboy." Jack smirked, getting in Alex's face.

Alex was about to respond, a mischievous glint in his eyes, when Mrs. Tanski walked in.
"Boys." She cleared her throat, trying to make her presence known.
The boys flew apart from one another, each of their faces turning a crimson color.
"Are you ready for your final assessment?" She smiled, walking over to Jack's side of the room. Eyes sweeping over his tables, writing things down on her clipboard.

Alex elbowed Jack in the side, smirking because he truly believed he had this win in his bag. Jack turned to look at him, sneering.
"Be prepared to be my bitch for a week." Alex sniggered.
"Yadda yadda yadda, I got this." Jack mumbled, rolling his eyes at Alex's comment.
"Alright Jack, your side is acceptable. Let's check Alex's." She said to Jack with a straight face, no amusement evident on her face or in her tone.
Jack rolled his eyes, he had this sinking feeling in his gut. He also believed that Alex would win, but he couldn't let that little bastard know that. As Mrs. Tanski was checking Alex's side, Jack let his mind wander to this past week. He actually started to like Alex, not just in a "fuck he's attractive" kind of way, but in a "oh shit, this kid is super cool" way. He side eyed a smirking Alex, hoping he felt the same way.

Once Mrs. Tanski was done grading the boys work, she stood in front of the room, her clipboard held to her chest.
"You boys worked hard this week, I hope you've learned your lesson?"
"Yes." Both boys mumbled in unison.
"Alright. I like how you guys made this into a contest, and I am very excited to announce the winner."
Jack and Alex perked up, lifting their gazes from the scrubby floor to their teachers face. Each one silently praying in their head that the other had lost.
"The winner for the cleanest desks goes to," she paused, to add suspense. "Mr. Jack Barakat." She cracked a smile, and Jack let out a big whoop. Alex stared at her wide eyed, mouth opening and closing as if he was going to say something but nothing came out.

Mrs. Tanski congratulated Jack, and she left the boys so they could go get changed. Jack was beaming, this whole thing went into a complete different direction than he expected, than both of them expected.
Alex silently walked out the room, trudging his way to the boys locker room, Jack was right behind him, hot on his heels. While they were changing, each boy had separate thoughts going through their heads. Alex was thinking fuck, fuck, fuck, shit, fuck repeatedly, while Jack was conjuring up different ways he boss Alex around.
With both of them changed into their regular clothes, they were about to part their ways and walk home when Alex's words from earlier rang through Jack's head. He chuckled to himself as he ran to catch up to Alex. He leaned over and whispered in his ear,
"Be prepared to be my bitch for a week."
♠ ♠ ♠
I honestly don't remember writing "Hey, I'm only a motherfucker if it's your mom!" Jack laughed, sticking his tongue out at Alex.
"Careful, next time you do that I'm gonna bite it." Alex teased, biting the air to show"
life is weird.
sorry it took like forever to post this.
life is weird.
its my goal to post this by tonight, and by tonight i mean 10/22/14
do people even really read these
if so i am sorry i talk so much
sorry that this is a short chapter even after months
life is weird.