Status: HIATUS

You Found Me

I want you alone

I wasn't used to waking up late. It's happened on several occasions that I've woken up past 10 but those times were very rare. So today even if I slept around 2 in the morning, I was the first to wake up. Or rather, the second, because I knew Kennedy was beside me but the space next to me was unoccupied now. I tried sitting up and the next thing I knew was I couldn't because of the arm draped around my waist. I looked at Garrett's way and my jaw dropped to the ground, surprised by it.

Maybe it's because all my life, I've only been close to girls. In my old school, I never got to be close with any guy aside from Kean. When I think about it now, it makes sense because their logic was if you get close to me, you get close to my brother. That explains the 'girl friends only situation' I have going on. So now, I moved to Arizona, had 5 best guy friends and one best girl friend and I'm sleeping next to one of the guys with his arm around me.

Two words.

Panic. Mode.

"OhmmyGodOhmyGodOhmyGod," I whispered frantically, moving his hand carefully so I wouldn't wake him up. Once I freed myself, I stepped off of the mattress and looked around. Jared and Pat were sleeping peacefully and while I remembered John sleeping next to Kennedy, I found him sharing the couch with Daisy. I smiled to myself and dragged my feet to the bathroom. At the same time I was going to turn the knob, the door opened, revealing Kennedy inside, changed in ripped jeans and a shirt. "You're leaving?"

"No, I just like changing my clothes in the middle of sleeping time," he said sarcastically, making me roll my eyes. "Go back to sleep, March," he motioned at the others still sleeping in the living room.

"I usually wake up early in the morning," I shrugged. He took one good look at me and walked away, heading for the front door. I followed him up until to the front porch and I realized it was a bad idea because I still didn't have shoes on. "What's wrong?"

He avoided my gaze and he just stared at the door, looking like he was trying to make up an excuse. It isn't a big surprise. He did manage to get the band convinced that his mom needed him when she didn't. "Nothing. My sister told me that we had to visit some relatives," he rubbed his nose and turned again to go.

"I'm not buying it," I crossed my arms and glared holes at the back of his head.

He craned his head and looked at me before sighing and facing me again. "I just have to go, okay?"

"Without telling anyone?" I asked, softening my look at him.

"You're going to tell them," he said blankly.

"What the hell is up with you? Why are you being like this? And don't tell me it was the movie because John seems pretty fine to me."

"I just have to get home." He scurried down the steps and before he reached the last step, I tried speaking up.

"You've been like this since last night."

He stopped in his tracks and turned around to face me. "How many times do I have to tell you to just let it go?" He raised his voice and he looked up he was straight up pissed.

My mouth fell agape and I bit my lip, my eyes going to my feet. I stepped back and looked up at him, "Letting it go." I smiled and backed away.

He let out an exasperated sigh and left without another glance. He drove off, leaving me to get back. When I went back inside, I realized that no one was still awake so I walked straight to the kitchen, hoping to get a glass of water.

I took one glass and the pitcher from the refrigerator. The moment I turned back, Garrett was standing a few meters from me with a sleepy look plastered on his face.

I fell back on the ref, terrified and just surprised at how he got there. "Jesus," I mumbled.

He held his hands up in the air and smiled. "Garrett. No serial killer," he pointed at himself and grinned. "I thought those movies didn't affect you?"

I put the pitcher and the glass on the marble counter and gripped the edge of the marble. "I said it did. A little." I took a breath and faced him again. "One second you're asleep. The next, you're sneaking behind me while looking like Leatherface."

He furrowed his eyebrows and stared at me. "I look like Leatherface? Because I thought I was at least a little better looking than that guy."

"Sure saying that helps you sleep at night," I nodded and bit back my giggle. I took the glass and sipped the ice cold water. I watched him get his own glass from the drawer and pour himself a drink. The moment I realized it became silent, I knew my head went to panic mode again, thinking of something to say. "About last night..."

"Last night was you needing a break and us there to give it to you," Garrett said before I had the chance to continue what I was saying. "It was a time for a friend to stay by your side. And you had six," he smiled, putting the glass to his mouth with a smile. "I know that you prefer not to talk about what happened and I completely respect that. But I might still be a mess if you didn't move here."

I thought that was ridiculous. The first hour I met Garrett, he was sucking faces with Kat and he didn't seem too enthusiastic about my presence around the band. The next hour, he was yelling at me because he lost me in a sea of people in the hallway. About 4 hours later, we've apparently been okay and after a month, he's practically one of the closest people I know.

Ken was right. Change is constant.

"You?" I raised my eyebrow and stared at him.

"Yeah," he nodded and shrugged slightly and leaned his arm on the counter. "If it weren't for you, maybe I'd be a walking frown everywhere I go today. The band thinks so. They don't say it out loud, but I know they think it. Except for Pat because he really did say it to my face that I looked like I hated the world," he chuckled. "Maybe sulk here and there and for all we know, maybe me and the spawn of hell would still be together."

I laughed and rolled my eyes. "That was all you, Garrett. I wasn't the one who split you two up."

"The point is," he smiled, stepping closer to me, "you should know that you're the one that brightened up Arizona for me when it sucked so bad. You were right there. And you have to know that I'm here when you just... Want me to be there."

I bit my lip and looked at the distance between us, realizing we were only a few spaces apart. "And if I don't actually want you to be there for me?" I murmured, a smirk forming in my lips as my eyes fluttered to look at him.

"Maybe I could ask you to be there for me," he shot me a smile and as he leaned forward, I felt my heartbeat get louder and faster. Like the whole neighborhood could hear it. I couldn't tear my eyes away from his lips and he was about to close the space between us when Jared barged in the door.

"I'M MAKING WAFFLES! Oh-"

In the span of 2 seconds, Garrett and I managed to get almost one and a half meter of air in between us. I forced a smile when I turned to Jared and from the corner of my eyes, I could see Garrett smiling sheepishly at Jared with his hand scratching the back of his neck. The taller boy scratched his head and looked at the both of us.

"Yeah, Jare," Garrett shuffled from his place to Jared, patting him on the back. "Don't put too much water again, okay? Let's avoid the rubbery waffles again," Garrett gave him one last look and pat and walked out of the kitchen.

Jared's gaze slowly went to me, his mouth still agape. I broke the silence and smiled at him, "You need help?'

He didn't move an inch and he stood there just staring at me. He shook it off and chuckled, slightly and awkwardly, making his way towards the cabinets. "Yeah, sure. How about you-uh, you get the chocolate spread, maple syrup, and the jams to put on the waffles."

"Won't all of that be too sweet?"

"You would know about being sweet this morning, huh?" He wiggled his eyebrows at me and grabbed the bag of flour.

***

I wasn't a party girl.

But apparently, there were lots of those here. I don't understand how high school students get away with throwing parties just when they feel like it but I go anyway because apparently, there are 6 people who will gladly drag my ass back in the house if I ever try leaving. And I've tried loosening up plenty of times tonight but it's a Friday again and I'd rather go get my Trigonometry homework started right now.

Jared offered me a cup filled all the way with beer with a friendly smile on his lips. I shook my head and I showed him the cup I had in my hand filled with Sprite. He chuckled and handed it to the guy next to him who just finished the drink he had. He towered over me, much like Jared and he shot me a smile before bringing the cup to his lips and sipping on it.

"March, this is Tim," Jared said, motioning to the guy next to him. "Tim Kirch."

I furrowed my eyebrows and scanned him carefully. "Kirch... Pat-"

"Brother," Tim nodded, his lips pressed into a tight smile.

"This is March," Jared slung his arms around my shoulder and messed my hair up, making me roll my eyes at him. I turned to Tim and awkwardly waved at him with my free hand. "March... Wait, what is your last name?" He pulled away slightly and narrowed his eyes at me. "We've known you for quite some time now and we still don't know your last name?"

I opened my mouth, trying to look for anything to say but I miserably failed so I just glanced at Tim again and offered my hand. "It's nice to meet you, Tim," I stuttered, reached for his hand and shook it (awkwardly again) and pressed a smile.

"Likewise," he nodded and grinned. I'm just happy Jared didn't push through with my last name because I don't know how to explain to him that O'Callaghan is my last name. "You don't like beer? I think Halvo has some-"

"I just don't like drinking, but thanks," I interrupted him and flashed him a smile. I shoved Jared's arm off of my shoulder and looked at him curiously. "Speaking of drinking, you didn't want me around Kean's group because they drink their asses off but why am I still hanging around with you guys?"

"We drink in moderation," Jared shrugged, downing the rest of his drink.

"John got plastered last time I attended Kennedy's party," I said monotonously and stared at him blankly.

"I drink in moderation," he shrugged again.

Tim and I laughed and I rolled my eyes at him. He nudged at me and scrunched his face, "So I shouldn't really pry but what you said really got me curious. You hung around with Kean's group?" He brought the cups to his lips and looked at me curiously.

"Not at all. I don't know them personally, to be honest. But I have seen them messing around at school and cut classes. Kean was my best friend so..." I explained, forcing a smile on my lips to make it seem like it wasn't a big deal. I didn't want to make it a large one anyway. I don't really want anything to do with them now.

"Yeah, I heard they get into all sorts of trouble. Didn't John know Kean when he first got here?" Tim turned to Jared and asked, slowly trying to stitch everything together.

"Apparently, she does too. She just moved here a while ago," Jared nodded.

"Small world," Tim smiled.

"You have no idea," I shook my head and laughed nervously. Jared soon mentioned about how they were going to have a gig several weeks for now and soon, the both of them were engrossed on the subject which gave me the perfect time to sneak off. I sighed when I couldn't see them behind me anymore because that was too close of a call. Tim was one step to figuring out that John and I were related.

Once I got to the living room, I noticed that some of the guests were having an intense match of beer pong and I could see Daisy and Pat watching the game, laughing every now and then when someone drunkenly stumbles on the floor.

When they noticed my presence behind them, they raised their cups and gave me a smile. "What's up?"

"Nothing. Have you seen Kennedy?" I asked, looking around. I've seen Garrett enter the room before Jared pulled me to the kitchen and I know John's here because he left to go here before I did. The only person I haven't seen was Kennedy.

"He's around somewhere," Pat looked around and crossed his arms. He focused back on the game and took a sip.

"How about John?" I asked and I immediately notice Daisy's eyes roll at the back of her head.

"Drinking his liver out and hooking up with some girl with pink hair upstairs," she looked at the stairs and shook her head in disapproval. "But really, what's new, right?" She gave me a weak smile and turned back to the game.

I slipped away and headed back to the kitchen but Jared and Tim were gone. I decided to get myself water because I just finished the Sprite I had. But before I could have the pitcher in my hands, I saw someone handing me a red cup with yellow liquid swirling in it. The guy looked familiar, like I've seen him around school or during lunch, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

It was like his black hair was immune to gravity and was spiked up. I scanned him carefully but tried not looking noticeable so he wouldn't think I was judging him. He wore black vans with black jeans and a white shirt underneath his leather jacket (which I found very confusing because I found it quite hot tonight).

He smirked at me and motioned for me to get the cup to which I politely declined, shaking my head slightly. "I don't drink."

"It's just one drink," he forced the drink in my hand and smiled but somehow, I didn't feel at all comfortable around him. "You're March, right?"

"Yeah," I nodded slowly and cringed when the smell of the alcohol from my cup got to me. I looked up and pressed a smile to him so I wouldn't seem rude. "I-uh, who are you?"

He chuckled and shot me a lopsided smile, "It's Luke." I could feel his eyes checking me out and I had that feeling where I just wanted to wear 4 layers of clothing and wrap myself with my bed sheets. It felt utterly uncomfortable and creepy that I just wanted to run away from that house. "Why don't you take a drink?"

"Maybe in a while," I mumbled, hoping that it didn't seem too obvious that I was lying. Chances were I was just going to go at the back and throw this on the ground or give it to someone who actually wanted it.

He stared at me for a while before biting his lip and nodded at me. "I've been seeing you around school and it's too bad that we don't have any classes together. I think you're kinda hot," he wiggled his eyebrows and stepped forward, making me step backwards until I hit the marble island counter behind me. His smirk appeared again and just I was about to slip away to my right, he put his hands on the counter on my sides, trapping me in between.

"No no no," I shook my head and leaned back since he was trying to get his face closer to mine. "Not hot. I'm a nerd. Nope."

"Does it matter?" He breathed out, his lips already too close on my face. I closed my eyes and shook slightly, wanting to just be able to phase through objects so I can run away from him. "How about you go finish that beer and we can hang out at my place?"

"I can't really finish what I haven't started," I said, my voice squeaking. He was about to close in on me (and I was about to knee him right on the crotch) when somebody grabbed the collar of his jacket and pulled him off of me.

"What the fuck are you doing?!" He was wearing some gray shirt and jeans, his normal get up on a normal day with his hair in a million directions. But his features didn't catch my attention. It was that he prevented this guy from harassing me. "She's off limits! You can't fuck with her, Daisy, or the band." He gripped the collar of his jacket and basically yelled at his face.

"How come you get to say who's off limits and who's not, Kean?" He shoved his hands away and raised his voice at him. "Just because you didn't work out, doesn't mean you can stop me from having my fun."

"Fun? Fucking fun, Luke?" Kean stepped towards me and grabbed the cup I had in hand and poured all the liquid in the sink. He crushed the cup and threw the cup on the floor. "Pick up some other girl who's willing to mount you. Don't fucking drug anyone! You're going to land yourself a spot in jail."

At the same time, Garrett rushed to my side and checked if I was okay but really, I just couldn't stop staring at Kean and Luke.

"Just get out of here, Luke," a guy stepped forward and spoke in a slow lazy manner. "Just go."

I just noticed that a lot of people were crowding around the door and trying to figure out what's happening and I instantly felt bad that I'm the cause of everything.

"Get him out of here, Kean," the boy spoke again and when Kean grabbed Luke's arm, the latter shoved him off and stormed out of the house. Kean glanced at me for a moment and shook his head, following his friend. The stranger with the weird speaking voice looked around the room and at the people watching. "Everybody disperse. Nothing to see here," he said, before stepping up to me and Garrett. People were back to their own business right now and the three of us were left in the kitchen.

"Thanks, man," Garrett gave the guy a pat on the shoulder and smile. "March, uh, this is Eric Halvorsen. Call him Halvo."

"You must be March," he nodded, a smile gracing his features. "Garrett's told me a lot about you," he put his arm over Garrett's shoulder and pulled him close. "Like really a fuckin' lot. He actually wouldn't shut up about you. Like he seriously-"

"Yeah, how about you shut up, huh?" Garrett peeled his arm off of his shoulders and turned to me with a nervous chuckle. "You sober? Let's get out of here."

"I always am," I nodded at him. He slipped his hands in mine and he tugged on me before I turned to Halvo for a quick moment and smiled. "I'm sorry I couldn't stick around. Nice party though," I smiled.

"Just give me a quick tap if Luke or anyone from their group harasses you," he smiled and nodded slowly. I'm not even sure if he was high or not judging by the way he was talking. "Don't do anything with Garrett you might regret!"

Garrett pulled me through the kitchen and through the living room and out of the house. I was still pretty shaken up by what just happened so I just let him drag me anywhere. We were standing on the front porch when he stopped walking and turned to me. "You drove here?" He asked to which I nodded. "Gimme your keys," he put his palms out and watched as I confusedly dug through my pocket and grabbed the keys. I put them in his palms and he continued walking, not forgetting to tangle his fingers with mine.

I wasn't in the mood to question where we were going and why he was going to take my car out for a spin so I just followed him to my car. He opened the passenger side door for me while he slipped in the driver's seat. He started the engine and drove away from the house.

He didn't say anything and he just kept glancing at my direction every 30 seconds. I tried not minding him because I thought that maybe he's just worried so I leaned my head on the window and watched the lights outside lazily. When we've been driving for more than twenty minutes, I decided to break the silence.

"Where are you taking me, Garrett?" I said, my voice unintentionally sounding tired, while I didn't tear my gaze away from out the window.

"Are you sure you're okay?" He stopped at a red light and turned to me, worry written all over his face. "You don't sound okay."

"I've been better," I faced him and forced a small smile. "No need to worry. But where are we going?"

"I never got to make it up to you for being a dick," he shrugged, starting to go down the road again. "And I know you don't like the party scene too."

"I don't need you to make it up to me, you know," I said quietly, sinking in my seat, staring on the road ahead. The lights were mesmerizing, really. And for some reason, I just really loved the feeling of me sitting here with all the lights outside and Garrett driving while a comfortable silence sat around us.

"I know," he nodded. "You always almost never need anyone to be there for you. Can you be here for me?" He bit his lip and glanced my way.

I looked at him, surprised and curious to why he needed me to be there. I pressed my lips together in a line before speaking. "Why, what's up?" My voice turned into a worried one and I scanned him carefully, trying to figure out what was wrong. Why did he need me to be there for him?

"It's nothing," he shook his head and smiled. He pulled over and parked at the right side of the road. When he got outside, he opened and closed the door for me then handed me the keys. We were about to go in through the door of some restaurant when I took his hand, making him stop in his tracks and look back at me. "I just want you to be here with me. Wait..." His eyes widened and he stared at me. "Do you want to go back? Because I can take you back... If you-"

"You're right," I smiled softly and took a hold of his arm. "I'm not much of a party person."

His face lit up into a smile and we entered the restaurant with one of the attending waitresses walking us to a table on the far end of the room by the wall. When she handed us a menu, I just told Garrett to order for me since I wasn't too picky with food. He ordered one big pizza, the biggest they had, and drinks for both of us. The place wasn't too big nor was it too fancy but it did feel homely, making it comfortable for someone like me. And the smell of pizza cooking in the oven filled the place, making me feel hungrier by the second.

When I looked back at the boy sitting in front of me, he was smiling sheepishly and it immediately caused my smile to fade, nervous and curious to why he was staring at me.

"What are you staring at?" I asked, suddenly feeling self-conscious.

"Some pretty girl," he shrugged then smiled. "And you."

"Well shit," I laughed leaning my head on my hand.

"But y'know, I think they're the same person so," he continued, a grin forming on his mouth. I looked at my lap and tried hiding my face under my dark blonde hair so he wouldn't see the dumb expression I probably had on my face. I tried pressing my lips in to hide my smile, but I couldn't so I just shook my head.

At the same moment, my phone began ringing in my pocket so I fished it out, just to see a text from John.

Where are you? Halvo said you got into trouble earlier.

I rolled my eyes and tapped on the screen, It's nothing. I'm with Garrett. I set it down on my lap and looked back at Garrett who thankfully stopped staring at me to go look at his phone.

The moment I looked down on my lap was the moment John replied. I furrowed my eyebrows, wondering why it took him no time to answer. It would've normally taken him about 5 minutes. And he was typing properly, something that rarely happened when he was buzzed.

Where exactly with Garrett?

I rolled my eyes and put my phone back in my pocket, ignoring the text. He couldn't seriously be playing protective brother right now. I just wasn't up for it.

"So why don't you drink?" I began talking, looking at him slightly amused. At first glance, I thought Pat was the good guy among all of them. He didn't drink as much as John or sometimes, Jared and Ken did, but I didn't peg Garrett for the guy to stay sober.

"What about you?" He threw the question back at me, making me shake my head.

"I asked you first. You answer first," I smiled teasingly.

"Correction and for your information, I do drink. Not as much and not as often but I do. I just have to be sure that none of them gets wasted. Last time Kennedy promised to be the DD for the night, he also drank so imagine the six of us going to a party where the six of us were trashed," he laughed and grinned right at me.

John was a handful when he was drunk. I knew that. I had to sneak him up several times to avoid the disapproving looks of our parents when he comes home from a party. He promised me that he wouldn't let it out of control and thankfully, he hasn't done anything too major.

"And honestly, drinking that much isn't that appealing to me now," he shrugged. "I'm trying to be the good guy, even if my mom tells me I probably look like the opposite of that due to the apparent scowl she said I had stitched on my face. Remember that I tried getting Kat to stop drinking? Obviously, that didn't work."

"One, I'm seventeen. Two, I just don't want to. I never felt the need to drink," I mumbled, leaning back on my seat.

"That's good," he nodded at me, a slight smile on his lips.

"Why, one less person to carry around when everyone's trashed?"

"I only have to take care of two people since John and Daisy take care of each other when they're drunk," he pointed out, making me grin at the thought. "You're one less person to carry."

"I knew it," I chuckled.

He looked down at his lap and he looked like he was messing with the zipper of his jacket or something when he mumbled, "One more person to hang out with during parties."

"Who are the others?" I asked, smiling sweetly at him.

He looked up at me and let a sigh escape his lips. "Just you. At least I have you."

"You're making me sound like your last resort," I joked.

"You're the best choice," he smiled.

At the same time, someone slid by my side of the booth and when I looked to my left, I felt the need to punch someone on the face. How'd this guy even find us? And with a certain sandy-haired boy across us, beside Garrett.

Garrett seemed like he was just as surprised as I was. I was expecting a night out with just him, but apparently John and Kennedy were going to crash our little hang out.

"Pizza without us?" John said rather loudly, making me roll my eyes at him. "And Halvo said you got in trouble earlier! What the hell happened?"

"Some guy named Luke drugged my drink," I explained, making the sloppy smile on his face disappear. It was replaced by a straight and serious face staring at me. "I'm alright."

"I'm going to fucking rip their group into pieces," he said, his jaw clenched with his hands balled in fists.

"You're going to rip their group into pieces?" I said, raising my eyebrows at him. "John, I think the first punch you'll land on Kean's jaw might be the reason for your bones to break or for you to just break into pieces."

Kennedy and Garrett snickered, watching the two of us argue. John rolled his eyes at two boys and looked at me. "And you just leave us at the party to go on a date with Garrett?" He said, putting his arm around my shoulders. "We would've wanted dinner too, you know?"

"Daisy said you were drinking a lot," I shot him a look, making him glare at me for a second. "And she said you were hooking up with a girl with pink hair."

"John's hooking up with who?" Another familiar face slid in at Garrett's side of the booth, making him scoot all the way to the end, pressed up against the wall. She was accompanied by the long haired drummer who slipped next to John, this time pressing me against the wall. One question stuck in my mind... How in hell did they find us here?

"Why are we surprised?" Kennedy rolled his eyes and leaned on the table.

"You make me sound like I'm some kind of guy that hooks up with every girl I meet," John scoffed, crossing his arms.

"Do you not?" Pat questioned him, making John scratch his head.

"I didn't hook up with her," he pointed at Daisy and shrugged.

"Because she didn't even want to be around you the first time you met," Kennedy laughed.

"Please, she thought I was hot the first time she laid her eyes on me," John said, a smirk hanging on his lips. "Besides, I don't think Daisy's fuckable."

It sounded like a record scratching or crickets chirping when everybody's heads snapped to John with either our eyebrows shot up or our mouths hanging open, with the exception of Daisy who had this slight smile on her lips and looked down at her hands. I shot John a look of death while he just looked back at me, confused to what was up.

You're an asshole, I mouthed to him, making him look over Daisy and curse under his breath.

"What I meant was-" He started explaining, but she was soon to cut her off.

"You meant to say I am not fuckable. It's pretty much common sense, John," she chuckled. "No hidden messages, no other interpretations. That's just it."

"No what I meant to say was-"

"You don't deserve to become some standby," Kennedy interjected, smiling at her.

"And you don't swoon at the first compliment a guy gives you," Pat said.

"Or get on their dicks the first compliment they give," Garrett added. I tried catching his gaze and when I did, I sent him a smile, something he returned.

I looked over at John who looked just disappointed at himself and I sighed, knowing that he hadn't meant what he said but he's regretting every bit of it now. I decided to casually change the subject to redirect the guys' attention. And it's something that I've been meaning to ask ever since the first two joined me and Garrett.

"Not that I don't like your presence right now, but how did you guys know we're here?" I asked, looking at them one by one. Garrett joined in and I'm guessing he's also curious to why they joined us. We were almost complete now and I had no idea how we all assembled here because last time I checked, this was supposed to be Garrett and I taking a break from all their drunk asses.

"I asked Garrett where you were when you didn't reply to me," John shrugged.

"John forced me to tag along," Kennedy said.

"I texted Ken asking where he was," Daisy said.

"I was beside Daisy when she texted Kennedy," Pat said.

Our heads turned to the left when we noticed someone standing right in front of the booth. "And nobody remembered to invite me," Jared glowered at all of us with his arms crossed.

"I texted you where we were," Pat shrugged.

"AFTER I ASKED WHERE YOU ALL WERE," he raised his voice, making me and Garrett laugh. Jared pulled one of the chairs of the empty tables nearby and sat on it, looking at all of us. The waitress came up behind him and set the huge pan of pizza down our table to which all of the guys were happy to eat. I locked eyes with Garrett before he sighed and just chuckled, taking a slice and eating it. "What did I miss anyway?" He asked, his mouth full with pepperoni and cheese.

"John said I was not fuckable," Daisy shrugged nonchalantly to which Jared widened his eyes. "There's that."

"I did not say you weren't fuckable," John sighed with the topic rising again.

"I quote, 'I don't think Daisy's fuckable'," Pat mumbled as he took another bite of his second slice of pizza.

"Weren't you trying to defend me earlier?" John shot him a look that made Pat just avoid his eyes and finished his slice.

"Can we all calm down for a second here?" I intervened but none of them really minded me, making me sigh and lean my head on the wall. My eyes were glued to Garrett who looked as frustrated as I was. He leaned forward to the table and I felt his hand on my knees then tangling his with mine when I found them.

John and Daisy began to bicker in front of us making me just groan while Garrett just squeezed my hand. Being here was supposed to be just the two of us, away from the noise and all the drunk people and as much as I love them, I'm disappointed that I didn't get to avoid that tonight.

What shut them up was John's ringtone going off and so did mine. All of the people sitting around the table glanced at the both of us while I unlocked my phone. It was a text from Dad.

You two. Home now.

I looked up slowly and met John's green orbs. I assumed that he received the same text message because right at that moment, I was frantically looking for a reason to go and he looked like he was doing the same.

"I-uh, I have to go... So, I'm just going to leave this here," I said, reaching for money in my back pocket and dropping a ten on the table.

"Yeah, me too," John said, trying to get Daisy to slip out of the booth.

"At the same time?" Jared furrowed his eyebrows at us and took another bite of the pizza he had in hand.

"Where are you going?" Daisy shot me a look, obviously curious.

"Home. My parents need me."

"I'm going home too," John pushed Daisy a little bit but she wouldn't budge.

"I wasn't asking you, John," Daisy rolled her eyes and stood up.

I smiled at Garrett before turning to walk out of the restaurant. I could see that he wasn't about to keen about our night being invaded by the others, but I knew we had no choice. "I'll see you guys on Monday," I gave them one last smile while John stumbled his way from the table. I could tell he was pissed, but I didn't really want to talk to him. When we were at the parking lot, I stopped before turning to where my car was. "You drove?"

"Let's talk when we get home," John mumbled, walking to his car. "I can drive."

***

Turns out, we had visitors at home and we forgot everything about it. But they were gone and our parents already let us go upstairs.

"You really had to play protective brother tonight?"

"Of course," he nodded with a slight smile.

"I can take care of myself," I muttered. "And shouldn't you be less worried that I was with someone you might actually trust even a little?"

"Garrett? He's alright," he shrugged, leaning on the wall beside the door to his room.

"You're being way too obvious."

"Obvious about what?"

"That you're my brother!" I said, the frustration obvious in my tone.

"That's who I exactly am, March. I'm your brother! For how long do you want to keep this whole hiding your identity thing and don't fucking tell me it's until you graduate because I swear I will-" he said, already sounding pissed. I understood where he was coming from, really.

"I don't know. Maybe never. Everything's going fine now even if they don't know we're related," I winced, falling back on the wall.

"And you think telling them that you're my sister would make any difference?"

"I have no fucking idea," I mumbled, rubbing my face with my hands. "I just, really don't know."

"Guess what, it won't," he spat the words out, making me groan.

"Onto your next problem," I changed the topic staring right at him. He shifted his position and I knew that he didn't want to talk about this. "You know you messed up, right?" I said, my arms crossing as I stared at John from across the hallway.

His smile soon faded and he pressed his lip into a line. "I chose words poorly," he muttered, running his hand through his hair. "She just thought of it the wrong way."

"You aren't fuckable," I muttered. "What did you want her to get from that? I think you have to work on your complimenting skills."

"Even you misunderstood it. God," he shook his head.

I chose to end it there, putting my hand on the knob of my room. I turned to him one last time and raised my eyebrows. "Next time, you aren't going to drive when you're drunk."

"I'm not that drunkard everybody assumes I am, March," he rolled his eyes and slammed his door.

I sighed and went into my room, falling down on the bed. My phone started ringing and it was a text from Garrett.

I hope you had fun. At least, even before we got crashed by the guys.

I smiled and typed lazily on the screen.

Talking to you and the pizza is the highlight of my night anyway.

It took him about a couple of minutes to reply.

I know we'll have plenty of chances to run away from them from parties. As long as I'm with you, I'm okay.

As long as I'm with him, I'm okay too.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was a very long one and I'm pretty sure I really should've cut it somewhere in the middle but I think it'd get too slow if I did that. Hmmm, hopefully there'd me more progress with the next few chapters.

Kennedy... We'll get to him later in the story.
I'm starting school on Tuesday. I'm a couple of chapters ahead of writing so I'll definitely post them earlier. I don't really have a definite time of posting but I just know it won't take more than a couple of weeks or one.

Thank you very much for those who subscribed and recommended, ily.
AND thank you very much to all these lovely people!
Bubblegum_Smile05 (He's a mystery, really. Haha. Thanks a lot!)
musicdoe (Really? That means a lot! Thank you very much!! xx)
heathyxmisery (Right? Things will get better. Maybe. Eventually. Maybe.)
Crazy and Impulsive (Thank you for the suggestion, by the way!! And I'm looking forward to your story.)
jvlienne (Guilty. I was trying to think of a name and when I couldn't think of something decent, I lurked around here and baaaam. Your name. HAHA Hope you didn't mind! And thank you!!)

Something's coming up with the next three chapters. Hmmmmmmmmmm.