Status: HIATUS

You Found Me

It's easier to lie

I had no idea how my dad could get John up every morning for school. When our dad commanded me to wake John up, he threw his blanket over me just to get me to shut up. I rolled my eyes and walked to my room. I grabbed my iPod and went back to his room, plugging it to the speakers. I played the first song that I saw that I knew would annoy the crap out of him.

His eyes shot wide open when I cranked it to the highest volume. He sat up and covered his ears. "Why the fuck are you playing 'Party In The USA' at this time?"

"I know you love your Miley Cyrus very much early in the morning," I stuck my tongue out. "Mom and dad told me to wake you up for school."

"I like dad's way of waking me up better," he muttered standing up from his bed and rubbing his eyes.

"Why? How does he wake you up?" I asked.

"Bribe," he shrugged, walking towards his comfort room.

I just laughed and went out of his room to get ready myself. Being the girl that I was, it took me about an hour to get ready. I let my hair down, being a wavy but kind of straight blonde-ish mess. John was already waiting impatiently for me downstairs because even though I already have my own car, I still had to get used to the roads here in Arizona.

"Is this alright?" I asked, turning to the mirror on the wall and straightening out my blouse. I wore black skinny jeans, blue and yellow flannel and my pair of black vans. I had no idea how they do things here.

"You're going to school. Not to a party," John rolled his eyes. "Come on. I've been waiting for almost half an hour."

"Sorry. 5 minutes isn't enough to fix my hair. You know," I glared at him and walked to the door. "Because I actually wash my hair often."

"Get in the car," he rolled his eyes. This. This was the John I knew. The one I saw yesterday when we were welcomed home was just an act he was able to put up in a short span of time. I knew he did miss us but I also knew that he was going to get tired of us again eventually. The ride was quiet and I preferred it that way, only hearing the sound of the radio playing. "I'll walk you to the office to get your schedules and papers," John said, parking to some spot near a shady tree. "But after that, I'll have to go because I still have to talk to someone before going to class."

I simply nodded, not wanting to mind him being bossy. I guess I can't blame him. He's been here for one school year. I'm pretty sure he's learned the ropes already. I was careful to keep some distance from me and him, not wanting to draw any attention. He was high-fiving a lot of people that we passed by and a lot of girls were flirting with him, not that he minded them. I made sure that I was to stay several feet behind him and I'm pretty sure no one noticed that I've been following John through the corners of the school.

"Here you are," John smiled as we got to the front of the door with the golden plate that said: 'Admissions Office.' John mouthed us a 'good luck' before disappearing in the corridors.

I took a step in and approached the girl maybe in her mid-40s and smiled.

"New?" She said monotonously, not even glancing at me.

"U-uh yeah," I nodded and gave her a smile which I knew she wouldn't really see.

"Name?" She asked.

"March O'Callaghan," I answered. It was then when she lifted her head to look at us and scan my face carefully.

"Ah. Another O'Callaghan," she said slowly. "Here are your schedules, locker combinations and where it's located, school handbook, and list of required books. Show these papers to your first subject teacher."

I looked at the lady before grabbing the handful of papers from her. To say I was confused and looked like a lost puppy was an understatement. It's like I was some goldfish stuck in the Pacific Ocean. I had no idea where these lockers were or where these rooms were.

The woman looked to her right and found this tall guy. "Kennedy," the woman called over this boy stapling papers from the counter. "Do me a favor and show her where her room is."

He had brown hair, hazel eyes, and much like my brother, he was way taller than me. The boy didn't move his head or say anything. He just stared at the lady before going out of the office. He took a peek at my schedule and began walking the halls. I had no idea if he just really didn't want to guide me around or was he pissed but he didn't even look back to me to see if we were still there.

The thing was, I didn't want to be a handful to anyone. I didn't want anyone paying for my food or things (except if it's my parents) and I didn't want to be a problem to anyone. And here I was with the brunette guy and I felt like a liability that he had to walk to class. "I-if you don't want to guide me to the room, just tell me the directions. I can get there," I tapped on his shoulder and said quietly.

He stopped walking, looking back and staring at me for a moment. He turned around and blinked a couple of times. "I'm very very very sorry. I would be very welcoming but I feel like my brain is about to explode and the lights are killing me."

My mind immediately goes to the car that went by me and Kean yesterday. Was he the Kennedy that held the party they were going to? Maybe he was. He seemed pretty hung over.

"Hang over?" I mumbled, the corners of my lips tugging up.

"Damn right," he chuckled, nodding slightly at me.

"Here," I handed him the Ray Bans I had on my shirt. "Don't think I'll be able to use them until after class so.."

"Oh my God, thank you. I left mine at home." He mumbled, rubbing his eyes. "What was your name again?"

"March," I said simply, not wanting to say more of it.

"March?" He repeated elongating the last syllable. "Last name?"

I think I almost panicked. I didn't know what to say and I didn't really want to mention to anyone that I was John's sister.

Let's face it. Judging by what went on this morning while we were walking through the corridors, I could already tell that after a year, everyone in this school is John's best friend. I don't even think not one person doesn't like him. Girls were staring, guys were bumping fists or high fiving him. I've been known as John's little sister in my past school and I was determined to get known as March.

In the corner of my eyes, I saw Kean entering the halls and waving at me. He got pulled by some girl away though and there goes his promise of helping me on the first day. But I looked at Kennedy again and realize that he was still asking for my name.

I sputtered the first thing that came to my mind. "Doesn't matter. Just call me March or OC."

He gave me this curious look. "Like obsessive compulsive?"

"It's my nickname," I lied, smiling a little. "OC. Don't ask."

"Okay then," he shrugged. "Well, this is your room for English," he said pointing to the room beside us. "And you have Advanced Chemistry next and I have that subject. So maybe we could walk together, if that's alright with you?"

"More than fine," I sighed. "I mean, are you sure? Maybe I'm keeping you away from your friends or something."

"I've been with those guys for more than several years. I think they can handle being away with me for a while," he smiled, chuckling slightly. "Besides, I'm more interested in the junior who's taking advanced Chemistry."

"Interested? Looks like you'll be disappointed," I shook my head. If I were another person, I don't think I'd be interested in knowing more about a person like me. "I'm gonna... Go in now. I'll see you after this period?"

"Sure," he nodded and walked away but before he could even take a couple of steps away, some long haired boy jumped on his shoulders. "What the hell, Pat? Get off of me."

"But I missed you so much," the long haired boy snuggled closer to Kennedy's neck. "And who's this?" He asked, wiggling his eyebrows at me.

"You were at my party last night," Kennedy said monotonously at the boy. "And get off me. You're making my head hurt more. That's March OC," he said, nudging to me.

"Maybe if you'd get smart enough and not throw a party on a school night, you wouldn't get a hangover," the boy hopped off and gave me a sheepish smile. "OC? Like obsessive compulsive?"

"That's what I said. But no. It's just OC," Kennedy laughed. "I'm going to get on to class. Mr. George is going to kill me if I'm late. See you later, March."

As he walked away, I immediately regret mentioning the horrible nickname Kean gave me. I rolled my eyes and I was already about to walk in when the brown long haired boy stood in front of my way.

"I'm Pat," he gave me a grin and I couldn't help but smile back. This boy just seemed like a sweetheart. "New girl, right?"

"Yeah," I nodded quietly and stepped in the room. He took a seat near the back and I followed him, taking a seat next to him.

The teacher went in the room and the room immediately settled down. I stood up, papers in hand and walked up to her. I gave her a shy smile before handing them to her. She took one look at me before getting my papers and reading them. I kept worrying about what if she mentions my name in front of anyone. I already knew that keeping my name a secret was already a long shot anyway.

"O'Callaghan?" She muttered and I was really hoping that I was the only one who heard.

Seriously though, who here didn't know who my brother was? Did he really make that much of a big impression for everyone to remember him? I really couldn't see how I could step out of his shadow if ever I got sucked in it.

I nodded quietly and turned to the whole class.

"Everybody this is March," she said, motioning to me. I sighed, setting aside the worry that I'd already get known as the little sister. "Don't make her run away on her first day. But I'm sure you won't really have a problem with getting along with people, huh?"

"Yeah, sure." I agreed, not wanting her to elaborate on why. We both knew the reason though.

I went back to my seat and sunk in the chair, not wanting to draw much attention. English went by in a breeze. I quickly caught up to the topic since I was a couple of days late on our classes. Before I knew it, that period was over and I was just happy that I was going through the day kind of fast.

When I went out of the room, Kennedy was already waiting outside and leaning on the lockers. Only know did I get a good look of him. He had this smile on his face now, not like the robotic expression he had this morning due to his apparent hang over. He had these pretty brown eyes that I'm thankful that he didn't cover anymore due to the lights. The brunette boy had his hair fixed up and he was more than a several inches taller than me. He wore this blue plaid shirt, a grey shirt inside and blue jeans.

"Her first day and you're already stealing her from me," Pat whined, crossing his arms.

"I saw her first and we have second period together." Kennedy smirked at Pat and crossed his arms as well.

"Whatever, Ken. Bye March." Pat waved and went up the stairs.

Kennedy raised his hand up and waved it slightly to Pat. He turned to me and raised his eyebrows. "Ready for hell?" He laughed, pointing to one of the corridors. We started walking side by side.

"Chemistry?" I raised my eyebrows. "Is it that bad?"

"One week in and I already want to drop the subject," he rolled his eyes. "I just can't wait for this year to be over. I'm finally going to graduate."

Senior. That's why he was wondering why I would want to take Advanced Chemistry. I also didn't know why, but for some reason, I wanted to finish high school and be one of the top students. And unlike most students, I really pay attention to my teachers and I study for a test when I have to.

"I have to ask though," he spoke, the curiosity obvious in his voice. "Why'd you transfer? You could've lived your life peacefully in your old school. No need to worry about horrible new classmates and being unfamiliar with new teachers. Did you just move here in Arizona?"

"Because of my father's job. And honestly, my life wouldn't have been peaceful in my old school. We just moved in yesterday. I've only been here a couple of times and it was just a visit for a few hours," I shrugged.

I suddenly realize how my mother was right when she said that the first person that I'd probably meet is a boy. Make that two considering Pat.

"I'll try making your stay here worthwhile," he flashed me this smile and honestly, I could've fallen right then and there. My first day being a junior at a new high school and I already have this little crush on a guy I've known for only an hour and a half.

We arrived at the Chemistry laboratory and I handed the teacher my papers. I looked around and saw that Kennedy already had a lab partner. I looked far back and saw that Kean was also there with his lab partner by his side. My heart immediately raced a little, thinking that this period would be an awkward disaster. Meeting Kennedy was me being a little lucky.

The chemistry teacher looked around and when he spotted someone at the back without a partner, the ends of his lips lifted and formed a smile. "I'll pair you up with Mr. Monaco." He pointed to the boy with the red hair, wearing some black button up.

I nodded softly and walked to the back while trying not to trip and land on my face. I succeeded and when I got to sat down, I put my back at the side of our counter. I sighed quietly and shoved the papers inside and sat up straight again. I was also hoping that whoever this guy beside me was, he wasn't going to be a pain in the as for me in Chemistry.

"New girl," he called, giving me a lopsided smile. "How do you know Kennedy?"

"I don't," I shook my head. "Well, not really. He was asked to show me to my room and it was just a coincidence that we had this period together."

"Why would you even want Advanced Chemistry?" He said, scrunching up his face.

"Why did you take it?" I returned the question to him.

"Advanced Chemistry or Advanced Biology? I'd rather mix shit than cut up frogs, thank you very much," he smirked. "It's Jared."

"March," I said.

3. 3 boys in 2 periods. Has it been that hard for me to befriend girls? Maybe no other girl wanted to be friends with me unless they knew that I could be their one way ticket to John's phonebook. Somehow, it made me feel a little hopeless that I'll never really have real girl best friends. Not like the one in movies or in TV series.

Jared filled me in with the topics they've discussed and although I didn't really understand most of what he said, him pointing out the pages from the handout given to us already helped. Just like English, the rest of the period passed by quickly.

Soon, it was already lunch time and before I knew it, I was being dragged my some girl with long brown hair in the cafeteria. Or at least, I thought it was a brunette girl. Turns out, it was just Pat. But that didn't stop me from wondering why he was dragging me there. He didn't stop pulling me until we got to a table in the middle.

But what really stopped my heart from beating was when I saw my brother sitting there with Jared and Kennedy. I tried slipping away from Pat's grip but I think he also cut my circulation on the way there. I looked around and tried looking for Cameron but he wasn't anywhere in sight.

"Hey guys. This is March. You can call her OC too," Pat smiled in front of the three of them. I stood there awkwardly, trying to catch my brother's gaze. But once he turned to me, his eyes widened and I swear he was fighting the urge to laugh.

"I've met her," Jared and Kennedy said simultaneously. They looked at each other and chuckled, then turned back to me.

"OC?" John raised his eyebrows and tried to hide his smile. Was he really prepared to ruin everything for me now?

"Hey, OC!" An arm slung on my shoulders and when I looked at the guy to my left, I sighed in relief.

"Kean?" Jared asked. "You know her?"

"I also made up the nickname." He pinched my cheeks and smiled. "Don't ask why. I met her a while back."

I could tell that John was already being amused by all of this. He remained silent on his seat and leaned back, watching them all meet me.

"This is Kennedy, Jared, Pat and John," Kean pointed at them one by one. When he got to John, he added that little wink and there was nothing that I wanted to do more but punch him.

"I already met Kennedy. Jared's my lab partner and I have English with Pat. But it's nice to meet you, John," I said slowly, offering my hand to him.

He stared at me first before shaking his head and laughing slightly to himself. "Same here, March," he shook my hand and smiled. I was just thankful that he was riding with all of this and he really wasn't going to tell anyone that we were siblings. "So has anyone seen Garrett?"

"Found him," Jared said, nudging over to the doors of the cafeteria. A guy in a black v-neck and torn jeans walked in with a blonde long haired girl slinging to his arm. "And... He's with Kat again."

The couple made their way over to where we were and the girl sent us the biggest flash of smile that I swear I could see all of her teeth.

I know it shouldn't be any of my business, but one pet peeve of mine is public display of affection. Why would you want to stick your tongue in a guy in front of a lot of people? There are just some things that aren't meant to be done in public and that is shoving your tongue inside other people's throats or all touchy feely shit.

For now, whoever Garrett is and her girlfriend is giving me that sick feeling because the girl just started mackin' out with him. I wasn't even the only one disgusted by it. I could see the uneasy look all the other guys had on their faces. Even John, who I've known to hook up with a few girls during parties, was repulsed by their cheap make-out session.

The guy pulled away from the girl and shot her a look. "Not here," he said quietly and turned to the other guys.

They shot each other awkward glances before John cleared his throat and began talking. "I would like to introduce to you the new girl," he pointed at me and smiled. "March. Kean's childhood sweetheart. Ken, Jared and Pat already met her this morning. March this is Garrett. Garrett this is March."

He didn't say anything but he just gave me a tight-lipped smile. I returned the expression and looked away immediately. It felt as if I was unwanted there. Exaggeration, I know, but I'm too sensitive about friends right now.

"I'm Kat," the girl gave me a small smirk. She sat across John, Kennedy and Jared and pulled Garrett beside him. Pat followed, motioning me to go sit beside him.

To say that I had no idea what they were all talking about was an understatement. I was so lost that I wanted to bury myself under the ground. They were talking about band practice later this afternoon.

Confused, I turned to Kean slowly and whispered, "They're a band?"

He laughed slightly before turning to me. "Surprised? They just got together a few months ago."

My eyes widened and I took a look around. Pat and Kennedy heard what Kean said so they immediately turned to us and at the same time gave me a grin.

"You should come to band practice later, December," Kennedy smiled.

I was supposed to comment on the nickname but I shook it off and looked at all of them. "Later? Where?"

"My house," Pat said. "I can take you after school, if you want. I'll also drop you off your house."

I thought about it for a second and I was about to say that I'll probably just study to catch up with lessons since they had a one week head start but John cut me off.

"You can take her but I think I'll drop her off. I have some errands to run anyway after that," he beamed, looking my way and wiggling his eyebrows.

John knew that I didn't want anyone to know I was his sister. It was hard and also nearly impossible especially because we lived at the same house and because our mother would probably drag us to dinners were we would be seen in public together but I just wanted him to try hiding it as much as possible. I thought about how Pat would know that we're related if ever he decided to drop me off, so I was more than glad when John stepped up.

Jared looked at John curiously before turning to me. "Hey John, we'd all appreciate it if you won't hook up with our newfound friend."

"Yeah, John. We want to keep her. Don't make her your booty call or something," Pat glared at John jokingly, brushing his hair away from his face.

Both our mouths fell to the ground and I swore the table just got awkwardly quiet.

"I'm not going to hook up with her," John said defensively. "Is that how you guys see me? Hooking up with ever girl we meet?"

"Yes," all of the guys on the table said with Kat nodding along with them.

"That's very nice," John muttered.

We all ate our lunches in the remaining time of lunch but I was still lost in everything they were talking about. To make everything much worse, Kean left me alone at that table. He told me that he wasn't really close with them and he only talked to Jared and John. He excused himself and went on to his other friends. I wanted to come with him but I kept thinking about how I could come off as too clinggy. Jared and Pat were having a debate with what videogame was better, John and Kennedy were talking about a show they were having a couple of weeks from now and Garrett was talking to his girlfriend. They looked like they were fighting and the boy was getting upset so I just dragged my stare away so they wouldn't think I was being too nosy.

After a few more moments, John stood up form his seat."I'm going to go to World History. 4:30, Pat's house?"

All of them nodded and he went along. I slipped my class schedule out and looked at my next subject.

"You have Trigonometry." I jumped a little bit when I heard Pat's voice. He was peeking at my schedule from behind me. "I think Garrett's the one with Trig."

We looked over to him at the table and just as we did, Kat rolled her eyes and stomped her away to the table and out of the cafeteria. Pat, Kennedy and Jared raised their eyebrows at him. He just shook his head and stood up from the table, slinging his bag on his shoulders. He turned back and headed straight for the exit but before he got several meters away, he turned back and raised his eyebrow at me.

"You coming or what?" He said, his eyes landing on me.

My eyes widened and I almost fell out of my seat but I managed to collect myself together, scurrying to where he was.

I followed him through the halls and I almost lost him a couple of times. When we got to our room, I was just thankful that I got there in one piece. I was dodging papers and couples making out across the lockers so imagine the relief that took over when I got to the room.

It wasn't like I expected Garrett to help me along the period, but I was hoping that he would be as warm as his friends were with me. But unlike this morning, luck wasn't on my side and I was left sitting at the far back of the room, not knowing anyone around me.

When the teacher left us in the room to absorb what he was saying for the past 45 minutes, the girl beside me smiled at me.

"Hey," she said, a grin forming on her lips. "What's your name?"

It took me about 5 seconds to realize that she was talking to me. "What? I mean, I mean... March," I stuttered.

"Don't be nervous," she giggled.

She was right, I wasn't supposed to be, but I was. She talked to me first and I'm just really determined to finish junior year with at least one girl friend. And here I am, finding a ray of light in the darkness. She might be that friend.

"It's just that after having the worst girl friends back where I was..." I said, but she already cut me off.

"No need to tell me more. I get it," she nodded. "I'm not exactly close with other girls around here also. By the way, I'm Daisy."

"March," I said.

"You already told me that," she laughed. Then the school bell rang and everybody automatically stood up from their desks and started walking pouring out of the room. Garrett was long gone and I had no idea where he was. Natalie stood beside me and asked, "What's your next class?"

"Baking," I sighed. "Do you have any idea where the Food's Lab is?"

"Well, I'm not in that class but the Food's Lab is beside the Art Room, which is where my next class is so how about I'll take you there?" She beamed. I haven't agreed but she already got a hold of my wrist and started pulling me around the hall. "How's your day going?"

"Well, my mom reminded me a couple of times to make girl friends because she was tired of me having all guy friends and here I am on my first day and I've made three guy friends," I muttered, rolling my eyes at myself. I didn't count Garrett, because he seemed pissed at me for some reason and I wouldn't blame him because I did feel like a I was a problem to him after lunch. "Then there's you and do you think I can call you a friend?"

"Of course," she looked back at me and smiled. "I don't have a lot of girl friends either. Actually, I'm the girl that started becoming lonely this year because my old friends pushed me out of their lives."

"Would you mind if I asked why?" I said, quietly and we've started to walk slowly and I noticed that she wasn't really holding my wrist anymore.

"It's just something about the guy that they like," she shrugged like it wasn't a big deal but I from the face she was giving, it looked like something important and sad. I didn't ask anymore further questions, knowing that I shouldn't be all up on her nose right now.

We made one last turn and I saw the metal plate screwed on the walls that said 'Foods Lab' and 'Art Room' across it. We stopped in front of the doors but before I could even thank her properly, I was already dragged back in the Food's Lab by someone gripping my arm that I thought it could cut my arm off. Whoever it was pulled me to the back corner of the laboratory and once we got to the end, he let go of my arm and glared at me like he shoot daggers from his eyes.

"Where the hell were you?" It was the blue eyed boy who I thought hated my guts. I'm having a feeling that my thought was true. "I was looking for you after Trigonometry but I didn't see you. I fucking looked everywhere. Is Baking your next class?"

By this time, almost half of the class was looking our way because he raised his voice at me like I was this kid that he lost in Disneyland or something.

"When I looked around the room for you, you already left so I walked with Dais-"

"I was outside waiting for you so I could walk you to your next class!" His eyes widened at me and it seemed to me like he was scolding me.

"I'm sorry if I'm such a big pain in the ass to you, Garrett. I didn't ask you to walk me to my next class," I muttered to him, walking away and sitting on one of the chairs behind the counters. At the same time, Pat walked in right through the doors and settled down beside me. "Oh wait, is it okay if I sit here?"

"Of course. I didn't have a partner last meeting so I guess you'll be it," he smiled.

I nodded and looked down at my hands. It was my first day and someone's already pissed at me. Actually, it looked like he was pissed with everyone because when I turned to my left, I saw him sitting with this scowl on his face and it looked pretty permanent to me especially because it was the same face he had been doing during lunch.

I shook it off when the teacher entered the room. Apparently, we were learning how to make cupcakes.
♠ ♠ ♠
I decided to post this now but I won't post the next one until I get several more comments, suggestions, recommendations or anything.
((Or I might if I don't get anything at all.))
Suggest or tell me what you think?
Oh and thanks for commenting, heathyrxmisery! :) :)